Six Must See Movies in 2009

Tiara

By Larson Hill

Now that 2008 is winding down to a close with just over two months of movie goodness left to go at the box-office, we can look ahead to see a new crop of theatrical releases on the 2009 horizon. In fact, from what we can tell, 2009 is looking like an awesome year at the movies. If all goes well, moviegoers will see the holy grail of comic books come to life on the big screen, the return of James Cameron, a healthy balance of fantasy and sci-fi, and another Terminator movie this time without Arnold even though he said he’ll be back.

Although there are a slew of movies we’re looking forward to in 2009, and we will see, there are six that we’ve narrowed down to fit into the "must see" category.

Story continues:

http://www.thedeadbolt.com/news/105138/six...ies_feature.php

By Larson Hill

Now that 2008 is winding down to a close with just over two months of movie goodness left to go at the box-office, we can look ahead to see a new crop of theatrical releases on the 2009 horizon. In fact, from what we can tell, 2009 is looking like an awesome year at the movies. If all goes well, moviegoers will see the holy grail of comic books come to life on the big screen, the return of James Cameron, a healthy balance of fantasy and sci-fi, and another Terminator movie this time without Arnold even though he said he’ll be back.

Although there are a slew of movies we’re looking forward to in 2009, and we will see, there are six that we’ve narrowed down to fit into the "must see" category.

Story continues:

http://www.thedeadbolt.com/news/105138/six...ies_feature.php

Thank you, Tiara. That was a fun article.

I always get this inexplicable exuberance when I hear of the next batch of big films.

It's really a strange sensation— they're just movies, right?

It's almost as if I feel that if I watch the perfect film, in the perfect venue it'll be like the mothership from Close Encounters taking me aboard...

But on the other hand, I honestly believe that film (especially television), influences the way we perceive and deal with the world; the imagery and ideas in popular media are heralds of the cultural zeitgeist.

Uh, anyway... I'm modestly interested in the Wolverine film (don't think that it's going to explore any new territory or offer anything other than an entertaining hour or so).

I'm quite curious about Avatar, don't know what to expect — although, James Cameron tends to shoehorn saccharrine logical constructs into much of his work. If Ridley Scott, on the other hand, were directing I'd be eagerly anxious.

Watchmen should be good (and I'm pretty certain it will come out despite the squabbling studios; too much money involved). I expect to enjoy it-but I don't think it will be "shockingly" good. But above the standard superhero flick... I'm actually a little more interested in seeing the production diaries for that one (designs, models, etc.).