A BULLET WAITS FOR YOU

vectortv

Sergio Donati Presents

A Bullet Waits For You

Written and Directed by Andrew McKenzie

Tag Line

Pray the Devil finds you before he does.

One sentence synopsis

A fallen Civil War veteran tumbles blindly into the all consuming abyss – that of the

vengeance trail.

Short synopsis

A BULLET WAITS FOR YOU is a harsh and brutal tale of vengeance set upon the

untamed frontier of New Mexico in the years following the Civil War. Samuel is a fallen

Soldier, jaded and cynical by the battles waged. He returns despondent to his home

town to make amends with his brother Thomas and readjust to the changing society.

Solace is short lived when Thomas betrays the townspeople to the vicious bandit

Beaumont. Only two survive the massacre, Samuel and a young child Henry –

Beaumont’s son. Samuel and Henry band together and commence a five year journey

of vengeance and retribution.

A BULLET WAITS FOR YOU is a dark and sadistic rendering of character, told through

a story that deals with the harsh reality of self preservation and survival… the reality

behind the illusion that defines society on the frontier.

Executive Producers

SERGIO DONATI

MARK ORDESKY

Score by

ENNIO & ANDREA MORRICONE

Director of Photography

DAVID EGGBY

Production Designer

TIM BRADSTREET

Physical Effects

RICHARD TAYLOR - WETA WORKSHOP

Sound Design

TIM PREBBLE

Guest AdminGuyX

I skipped some of the synopsis, I don't want to know the whole storyline.

:)

CAN'T WAIT. This is going to be amazing.

Here is to hoping our humble little message board can enjoy some behind the scenes materials and on set type stuff before the film is released.

Here is to hoping our humble little message board can enjoy some behind the scenes materials and on set type stuff before the film is released.

Oh, I'm sure that something can be arranged.

There will also be a graphic novel coming out which tells another part of the narrative. I'm very keen on layering this rich universe into a variety of forms.

Andrew

Andrew, you guys shooting on location in Louisiana?

-TL

No will all be shot around Central Otago in South Island New Zealand - February is late summer. It is very dry and arid emulating New Mexico around this time of the year.

Andrew

Andrew emailed me to let me know he announced this on the boards so I'm dropping in here for a few moments to say hello!

I've been working with Andrew on this project off and on over the past year. I'm very excited about this project on many levels.

The production design will be creative and challenging. We're trying to do something very special here. Our hearts and minds are firmly entrenched in bringing back to life the Spaghetti Westerns of Leone, Corbucci, and the like. Add a strong dose of Peckinpah too. Andrew has spent the better part of his adult life studying and dissecting this genre and it's one he knows quite well.

At the same time we want a fresh approach to these ideas, visuals, and themes. Therein lies the true challenge. It's a challenge that has been taken up before, most recently (and successfully) in films like The Proposition. We cannot content ourselves in simply recreating the look and feel of the classic works. Our goal is to carve out new territory. Dynamic characterization and performances will go a long way, but the visuals will be extremely important to this picture. Reinventing the Western is not what we want to do, that's pretentious.

We want to re-invigorate it. We want to remind today's audiences that there is still a wellspring of life in this genre. It can be bold, violent, and operatic. A Bullet Waits For You is a dark story with a bleak outer core, but inside that core, seething with ferocity, are the complicated moral struggles of the human condition. And the Western at it's best has always served as a fertile ground for these themes. A Bullet Waits For You is not a threnody to a much loved genre, rather, we plan to herald the coming of the next step in the evolution of the Western. Something that will enthrall today's audiences as much as A Fistful Of Dollars did in 1964.

By the way, did anyone happen to notice who our DP is going to be? David Eggby shot a little film in 1979 called Mad Max. Among his other excellent credits are The Blood Of Heroes and Quigley Down Under. Yeah, I'm excited. And the Morricone's involved? Good God. I'm sitting here listening to Andrea's work now and am beside myself with anticipation at what he and his father, the Maestro, will create for us.

More soon.

- TB

Too early in the process for us to officially announce the cast we have on tap so far.

Once the production begins I'm sure that will all come to light.

As for the second question, the answer is an ecstatic and very big "Yes".

- TB

Pretty cool.

And you got two Morricones doing the score, that is awesome.

Quick question Tim, did you use Tom as the model for the poster? It kinda looks like him to me at least.

Just to take second and introduce the other principle people involved -

I hope folks take special notice of Sergio Donati's involvement.

For the uninitiated, Donati wrote For a Few Dollars More (though was uncredited), Once Upon A Time In The West, and A Fistful Of Dynamite (aka - Duck, You Sucker). Along with the Morricone's, this is a pretty special situation to have creative forces, artists who were progenitors of the works that inspire us, aligned with this production. I'd say it's fairly unprecedented in some ways.

And who's this Mark Ordesky guy?

Mark was the Executive Producer of The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy.

I'm fairly sure everyone knows who Richard Taylor and WETA are ;)

Gotta run, back to work.

xo - TB

Guest FADoss
Too early in the process for us to officially announce the cast we have on tap so far.

Once the production begins I'm sure that will all come to light.

As for the second question, the answer is an ecstatic and very big "Yes".

- TB

:(

Andrew, you where right. This was well worth the wait. Just to synopsis alone has me excited, but to see everyone that is involved behind the camera and Tim's teaser poster, it's just too much :D

Can't wait to see this when it hits the big screen. Good luck and God speed.

Guest AdminGuyX

OK, well . . . Tim that poster is fucking terrible.

I'm not sure who told you that was good, but that needs to change. Really that's just . . .

What?

;)

Fuck you and your talents and your awesome new film project.

Bastards. You're both bastards, you and that McKenzie guy.

I mean that in the best possible of ways though.

OK, in all seriousness, that poster left badass in the dust, beaten with it's pants down. It's powerful imagery.

I couldn't be happier, or more excited for you guys. The talent involved in this is just staggering, and I agree Tim, this is so special, and so fucking cool, the words I type can't do it justice.

So I'll stop trying.

OK, well . . . Tim that poster is fucking terrible.

I'm not sure who told you that was good, but that needs to change. Really that's just . . .

What?

;)

Fuck you and your talents and your awesome new film project.

Bastards. You're both bastards, you and that McKenzie guy.

I mean that in the best possible of ways though.

OK, in all seriousness, that poster left badass in the dust, beaten with it's pants down. It's powerful imagery.

I couldn't be happier, or more excited for you guys. The talent involved in this is just staggering, and I agree Tim, this is so special, and so fucking cool, the words I type can't do it justice.

So I'll stop trying.

I compleatly agree with you. Tim, your teaster is jaw dropping. You'll have one-sheets available, right ;)

I'd love to see that teaser haning next to my Once Upon A Time In The West and my Fistfull Of Dollars posters. This thing has been seared into my mind.

Just to take second and introduce the other principle people involved -

I hope folks take special notice of Sergio Donati's involvement.

For the uninitiated, Donati wrote For a Few Dollars More (though was uncredited), Once Upon A Time In The West, and A Fistful Of Dynamite (aka - Duck, You Sucker). Along with the Morricone's, this is a pretty special situation to have creative forces, artists who were progenitors of the works that inspire us, aligned with this production. I'd say it's fairly unprecedented in some ways.

xo - TB

Sergio Donati was also involved (uncredited) on The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. The big thing that people are not aware of with Sergio is that every subtle element of Once Upon a Time in the West was written by Donati right down to the water droplets on Woody Strode's head.

Also Tim Prebble is an amazing Sound Designer based in Wellington. He designed the soundscape for 30 Days of Night.

Andrew

Archived