Chow to Direct and Star in Green Hornet

If Chow is directing, I can only expect good things. "Shaolin Soccer" was okay, but "Kung Fu Hustle" was BRILLIANCE!

If he's on board to direct and star, then I'm on board to blow my cash at the theater!!!

Fred

Rogan is a terrible choice to play Green Hornet.

Though I am biased by the fact that I can't stand the guy.

:)

I'm agreeing with you on this. Rogan does not bother me too much, but I can't see him as the Hornet. I wonder if Kevin Smith gave him any pointers on the shoot of Zac and Miri?

If they were doing a dead serious version of the Hornet ala Batman Begins, I'd have to say Rogan is a HORRIBLE choice, but with Chow at the helm it will obviously have a comic slant to it, while retaining a significant level of action. I think Rogan may just work. Especially if they play off the fact that Kato did all the work anyway. :P

Fred

Here's the Rogen quote:

"It's a very intense action movie and the relationship between Green Hornet and Kato, a lot of comedy comes from that. At first actually, we weren't even sure going in we could be more of a Jet Li type guy who maybe isn't the funniest guy in the world, but he's physically very impressive, or whether it would be more of a Stephen Chow type guy who can do martial arts, but clearly has a sense of humor. In the version that we've made it seems like a Stephen Chow type guy would be more suitable for the role. Again, until they officially greenlight it, it's hard to make any of those decisions."

Guest AdminGuyX
I'm inclined to give him a chance. He's apparently getting into shape for it, so at least the movie isn't going to be the fat version.

:) I understand. I know people like Rogan, I just wish he'd go away. I think he's unfunny, annoying, and well, I don't understand his stardom.

I don't really care if he's in shape or they entirely reconstruct him like the bionic man.

Unless the trailers and promo for the film are beyond amazing, I will likely pass.

I am also not a fan of Chow's over the top style. I know, flame away if you must, but I don't appreciate his films much. They are just too manic for me.

:)

I was hoping for a film closer to the classic Green Hornet. I'm a little disappointed in this direction.

I am also not a fan of Chow's over the top style. I know, flame away if you must, but I don't appreciate his films much. They are just too manic for me.

I'm not mad at you, just really disappointed.

• 4 weeks later...

Shit...I love Chow, I never get tired of him...cept maybe now...

I'm not sure a Green Hornet movie was a good idea to begin with? But I was more than willing to see it out of love for the TV show.

But this is going to stink all over the place...dare I say worse than Starsky and Hutch or the abomination of I SPY?

Chow's specialty is humor, action, so I'm sidin' with TL here, this will be a mocking film. It may work and be very funny. But in order for that to happen they will have to go WAY OVER THE TOP and almost make a parody film...shit, I'd hate to see that happen with this character...what a damned shame.

See it a parody film would mean it's a "mocking film", and I just don't see them going that route honestly. Chow's specialty is humor and action, and that's what he's doing, putting more humor in a script that was apparently more serious.

Pineapple Express was able to have comedy and serious action in it and pull it off. I think the same could apply with The Green Hornet.

See it a parody film would mean it's a "mocking film", and I just don't see them going that route honestly. Chow's specialty is humor and action, and that's what he's doing, putting more humor in a script that was apparently more serious.

Pineapple Express was able to have comedy and serious action in it and pull it off. I think the same could apply with The Green Hornet.

Well, I'll be more than pleased if you are right. I still can't picture Rogen as GH...it just doesn't seem to work for me.

• 1 month later...

wrong thread - deleted my post

sorry

He's playing the title role of the Green Hornet, he hasn't shot one foot of film yet, and he's still working out communications problems with the director, but Seth Rogen told SCI FI Wire that he hopes to have something available to show fans at Comic-Con next summer.

"Comic-Con is my favorite event of the year," Rogen said. "It's more fun to me than the movie premieres, than anything. I love Comic-Con. All of our friends come down for it, and we just have a really good time, and it's always a lot of fun. I would love nothing more than to be able to show something at Comic-Con."

Continue reading:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?c...=3&id=62691