CRANK 2: HIGH VOLTAGE

I really enjoyed the first film.

It was refreshing seeing Statham completely unleashed in an "R" film.

My first thought when I heard this movie was being shot was "How the fuck?"

crank2on4.jpg

Surprisingly, I'm not bothered by the absurd concept of bringin him back.

This kinda film doesn't require fuckin meditation or deep thought.

Its just explosive action.

Its just Jason Statham.

I'm happy to hear Amy Smart and Dwight Yoakam are back, and I'm interested in seeing Corey Haim's return to Hollywood.

I'm guessing he'll play the funny guy sidekick.

Bai Ling is also in this, so High Voltage is a pretty fuckin suitable subtitle.

It hits APRIL 17, 2009

-TL

So "Crank" was good, but "War Zone" will be crap...

I'm confused. I liked "Crank" too, but how can this be fine and you be SO MUCH against "War Zone"...

Fred

You're chasing your tail amigo.

CRANK was what it was, there's no downfall here.

Warzone is about 100 steps down from the first film and an unspeakable number of steps down from the film Jane and Hensleigh wanted Punisher II to be.

-TL

Guest FADoss
You're chasing your tail amigo.

CRANK was what it was, there's no downfall here.

Warzone is about 100 steps down from the first film and an unspeakable number of steps down from the film Jane and Hensleigh wanted Punisher II to be.

-TL

That is some pretty crative BULLSHIT. :)

Guest FADoss
It is kinda hypocritical, but Crank knew what kind of movie it was. War Zone: Punisher seems to want to take itself seriously even though it looks pretty ridiculous.

WAIT A SECOND. Lexi is getting beat up for saying that it was a COMIC BOOK film. LGF is being beaten up for adding a NU METAL soundtrack. West is being beaten up for saying he played it as a comedy.

WHERE THE FUCK HAVE THEY TAKEN IT TOO SERIOUSLY!?

I think TL has taken it too seriously! Doesn't seem like that was ever a problem with anyone else...

:D

Fred

The fact that LGF has never had a single issue with this film yet a billion issues with Warzone is reason enough to dismiss Fred's comparison.

This film will do its job.

Warzone will slop its way to December and end up who knows where.

-TL

Guest FADoss
The fact that LGF has never had a single issue with this film yet a billion issues with Warzone is reason enough to dismiss Fred's comparison.

This film will do its job.

Warzone will slop its way to December and end up who knows where.

-TL

The ISSUES with this film have been with it's differing from the source material. What, exactly, would the source material be for CRANK?!

And Mike, the problem has been that EVERYONE else is taking the film seriously...

Again I ask you to SHOW me where folks at LGF have said anything like "we're trying to make the next Dark Knight".

ALSO, and VERY funny, is the quote where TOM JANE says that he wanted to make a serious comic film and sites Dark Knight as a success story. What? Not the 04 film? Not Hensleigh's "masterpiece"?

My first post on the War Zone thread referenced flaws in the 04 film and stating that if War Zone failed it would be more of the same.

Sorry to hijack this thread...but really...a discussion over Crank 2?

Fred

The ISSUES with this film have been with it's differing from the source material. What, exactly, would the source material be for CRANK?!

And Mike, the problem has been that EVERYONE else is taking the film seriously...

Again I ask you to SHOW me where folks at LGF have said anything like "we're trying to make the next Dark Knight".

ALSO, and VERY funny, is the quote where TOM JANE says that he wanted to make a serious comic film and sites Dark Knight as a success story. What? Not the 04 film? Not Hensleigh's "masterpiece"?

My first post on the War Zone thread referenced flaws in the 04 film and stating that if War Zone failed it would be more of the same.

Sorry to hijack this thread...but really...a discussion over Crank 2?

Fred

Having the film be serious is not the problem.

It's the fact that it looks like a cartoon and cheesy and it looks like it wants, I say again wants to take itself seriously. Are you just not getting what I'm saying?

Guest FADoss
Fred, are you suggesting Warzone will be somehow equivalent to Hensleigh's Punisher?

Cause if you are, shit man.

That just makes your taste in films poor.

-TL

NO...DAMMIT!

Christ...could you READ what I write?

I'm saying that the 04 film is not the Golden Egg, end all, be all you claim it to be.

As for Mike,

NO I don't understand. Where are you getting that it wants to be taken seriously if EVERYTHING is pointed at it not being so? Where is the statement by anyone? I sited several where folks DIRECTLY linked to production stated that they did NOT play it serious...

Fred

The best example is Ray Stevenson.

He keeps talkin about this being the greatest Punisher film of all with all this emotion, when in fact its very light and ridiculous.

*He also claimed the character was around since the 60s...

There goes his credibility.

-TL

You've seen Steven Seagal movies and other cheesy pieces of shit. Movies that are utterly ridiculous but they take themselves seriously.

It looks ridiculous and cheesy but played for serious drama*, that's what I'm getting at with War Zone: Punisher.

*Except Dominic West.

• 4 months later...

yeah...

it is awesome

This is one film I cant wait for. Looks pretty epic.

Epic? Epic? King Kong Lives was epic compared to this.. this.. stinking looking piece of shit.

That trailer really rubbed me the wrong way.

Am I angry - hell yeah. I'm still recovering from Sukiyaki Western Django and now this.

Andrew

Yeah, definitely not my kind of entertainment.

But then I'm not as open minded anymore when it comes to this style of short attention span entertainment.

I'm just not a fan of straight candy anymore. I need a nice apéritif and a good main course before I move on to dessert.

This looks like a heaping helping of death by chocolate.

- tb