TV Schedules for Tom

sidewaysgaze

I'll be posting television schedules for the US, Eastern Standard Time, from what I find online of when Tom's films will be on TV. Feel free to add anything I miss, and post from other countries too! :)

For end September to October 2007:

Deep Blue Sea - Monday, October 1, 6pm EST on FX Channel.

61* - Sun, Sep 30 2007 9:00PM - 11:15PM, CH 301 HBOS

Mon, Oct 1 2007 12:00AM - 2:15AM, CH 308 HSW

Tue, Oct 2 2007 1:45PM - 4:00PM, CH 96 HBO2

Tue, Oct 2 2007 4:45PM - 7:00PM, CH 307 H2W

Jen

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know when his Arrested Development episodes will be back on, Jen?

-JO

I don't know JO...I mean, the series is done, and I don't think it's been picked up at all for syndication. I'm assuming that's the only way it will ever get shown on TV again. I think ya may have to buy the DVDs, but it's probably worth it if you've seen the show and like it in general.

Jen

Ugh. The TV grid I usually look up for info (TV-now.com) has totally changed for the worse since it's alignment with TV Guide, so now it's really difficult to get the info of when Tom is on TV.

I'm going through my cable provider TV grid now, but that's also not easy as pie - like they list channel numbers, but not the name of the TV channel...

Anyway, here's the latest - for mid-October, 2007. All times EST in USA. Check your local listings for any differences:

The G4 channel is repeating the Arrested Development episode with Tom in it (The One Where They Build A House) on Thursday, October 25 at 9:30am EST in USA.

61 Wed, Oct 17 2007 12:00PM, CH 96 (sorry, I don't know what channels these all are; double check in your TV listings. It's probably premium pay channels though, like HBO and SHO, and I don't get those)

61 Wed, Oct 17 2007 3:00PM, CH 307

61 Sat, Oct 20 2007 4:15AM, CH 82

61 Sat, Oct 20 2007 7:15AM, CH 306

61 Sat, Oct 20 2007 4:15AM, CH 750

61 Sat, Oct 20 2007 4:15AM, CH 305

61 Tue, Oct 23 2007 12:05AM, CH 96

61 Tue, Oct 23 2007 3:05AM, CH 307

Stander Fri, Oct 19 2007 11:20PM, CH 351 (who knows what channel this is; all I know is I don't get it)

The Punisher

The Punisher Wed, Oct 24 2007 8:00PM, FX Channel

The Punisher Thu, Oct 25 2007 4:30PM, FX Channel

The Crow: City of Angels

The Crow: City of Angels Fri, Oct 26 2007 4:15AM, TNT

The Crow: City of Angels Fri, Oct 26 2007 4:15AM, CH 737 (some division of TNT)

Jen

Thanks for the info, Jen. You're right about tv-now.com. Ever since they changed it, I don't like the look of it, and it's harder to find things.

Also, wasn't Tom in "Magnolia" with Tom Cruise? I thought he was, but I'm not sure. Anyway, that one is coming on Encore on Friday at 1:20 am, (or thereabouts, check your local listings).

Mediumfan

His screen time in Magnolia is so brief (watched the whole lousy movie and didn't even see him the first time) that it's hardly worth putting on his credits IMHO.

I haven't seen Face/Off before though, so I'm going to try watching that tonight or tomorrow. Can anyone give me an approximation of how much screen time he gets in this one? I have to have something to look forward to if I'm going to put up with Travolta and Cage.

I haven't seen Face/Off before though, so I'm going to try watching that tonight or tomorrow. Can anyone give me an approximation of how much screen time he gets in this one? I have to have something to look forward to if I'm going to put up with Travolta and Cage.

His role in Face/Off is pretty short too - he's in one of the prison scenes, probably the first one, when Nic Cage is in the mess hall (lunch room?) - and you just see Tom's character with bedraggled hair and thick glasses tauntingly eyeing Cage, for a reason that I still don't understand (well, don't remember). Then he cheers on a fight.

I think that's it for his appearance in Face/Off...!

Jen

Actually, in Face/Off, he makes a couple of appearances, though both are very brief. They're near the beginning of the movie and he does have a line or two. It's almost impossible to recognize him, though because his appearance is changed so dramatically.

Also, Jen, about Magnolia, I heard once that his appearance was limited to a brief flash on the tv screen on set, as one of the characters is watching the television. Haven't seen it yet, but that's what I heard.

mediumfan

Actually, in Face/Off, he makes a couple of appearances, though both are very brief. They're near the beginning of the movie and he does have a line or two. It's almost impossible to recognize him, though because his appearance is changed so dramatically.

mediumfan

Eeek! What do you mean, Tom is in 2 different scenes in Face/Off? I've seen that movie a few times, although not recently, and I could've sworn he was only in the prison mess hall scene - sitting at table, eyeing Nic Cage, saying a couple of lines (like you mentioned), and egging on a fight - and that's it...

What other scene is Tom in? Great, now I'm all flustered because I might've missed part of his short role in Face/Off... :P

Jen

Also, Jen, about Magnolia, I heard once that his appearance was limited to a brief flash on the tv screen on set, as one of the characters is watching the television. Haven't seen it yet, but that's what I heard.

mediumfan

Yes, from what I remember, there's some short scene where a character looks at a TV screen and *suppposedly* Tom is on it, acting like a preacher, with arms raised, head to sky (maybe he is playing a preacher; I forget now) - and I could NOT tell it was him!!

I did take a couple pix of that scene, and they're somewhere in my Yahoo Groups on Tom, but it's not particularly worth it or thrilling to see him in that itty-bitty role. :lol:

Jen

In Magnolia he's wearing the gown that professors wear to college graduations. To make the game show host that he portrays look scholarly, I guess. Do not bother to rent this movie if you just want to see Thomas Jane. Run away! Run away!

Also, I watched Face/Off the other night long enough to see him in the prison scene. I really couldn't take any more of the movie after that. So if he shows up again later, oh well. Nic Cage walking around without a face was more than I could stand. Like, wouldn't his eyeballs dry up without eyelids? Can a person talk without lips? Please don't ask me to believe something in a movie that requires me to reduce my IQ to 30. It was stupid enough before then.

Sorry this is so off topic. I just had to vent.

Yeah, Jen . In the first scene at the beginning, he's glaring Nic Cage (which is kind of ironic considering that Nic was married to Patricia at the time, who is now married to Thomas) and in the breakout scene, you can see him very briefly when the riot breaks out in the mess hall. Just a flash though.

As for the movie, while it's not one of my favorite movies, I didn't find it all that bad. I guess it depends on how far you're willing to go to suspend your disbelief. I don't usually believe the things that I see in many movies, so I guess it's that not that hard for me to overlook those things. Yeah, the plot was Reeeeaally far-fetched, but I thought as an actioner, it was okay, and the subtleties of seeing Nic Cage and Travolta trying to play each other were interesting to me.

As for Magnolia, if his part is that small, I may not even watch it. I heard it was really depressing anyway.

mediumfan

• 3 months later...

I'm resurrecting this thread for a bit, although I still can't figure out any of the pay cable channels, because I don't get premium cable! :lol:

In the U.S., East Standard Time (check your local listings for differences):

Oxygen Channel, just in time for Valentine's Day, is showing The Sweetest Thing tomorrow, Thursday, February 14 at 7pm, and again at 9pm. Ah, a double-dose of Tom as a nice 'n' sweet guy - can we stand it? ;)

FX Channel is airing The Punisher, possibly the extended cut one, due to length of run-time, on Saturday, February 23 at 7:30pm to 11pm, and again on Sunday, February 24 at 4:30pm to 8pm.

Unknown premium cable channels (at least uknown to me) are airing The Crow: City Of Angels for the next two weeks, so check your listings. I would report the TV channels if I could make sense of the listing I get...sorry!

Jen

• 2 weeks later...

All times are EST; order is channel, date, time and movie:

FX is FX (regular cable channel)

IFC is Independent Film Channel (part of digital plus package)

OXYGN is Oxygen (part of digital plus package)

SHOe is Showtime (for Showtime it is multiple channels, premium cable package)

TMCe is The Movie Channel (for TMC it is multiple channels, premium cable package)

February

FX Sun, Feb 24, 4:30 PM The Punisher

OXYGN Wed, Feb 27, 7:00 PM The Sweetest Thing

OXYGN Wed, Feb 27, 9:00 PM The Sweetest Thing

IFC Thu, Feb 28, 9:00 PM The Thin Red Line

IFC Fri, Feb 29, 4:15 AM The Thin Red Line

March

SHOe Sat, Mar 1, 12:30 AM The Crow: City of Angels

IFC Sat, Mar 1, 9:00 PM Boogie Nights

IFC Sun, Mar 2, 3:15 AM Boogie Nights

IFC Thu, Mar 6, 9:00 PM Boogie Nights

TMCe Fri, Mar 7, 12:00 AM The Crow: City of Angels

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the previous info Tiara. :D

I also just noticed that Lifetime TV will at least be airing the first episode of two-parter, Four Dreams, with Tom in a guest-starring role, on Sunday, March 9 at 12am EST in USA.

Check your local listings for schedule differences.

Jen

PS Not sure when they're airing the 2nd part...

LIFE Mon, Mar 10, 12:00 AM Medium

IFC Wed, Mar 12, 9:00 PM Boogie Nights

IFC Thu, Mar 13, 1:35 AM Boogie Nights

HBOSGe Fri, Mar 14, 12:45 AM 61*

TMCe Sat, Mar 15, 12:00 AM The Crow: City of Angels

OXYGN Sat, Mar 15, 6:00 PM The Sweetest Thing

OXYGN Sun, Mar 16, 12:00 AM The Sweetest Thing

USA Sun, Mar 16, 5:00 PM Face/Off

LIFE Mon, Mar 17, 12:00 AM Medium

USA Mon, Mar 17, 1:00 PM Face/Off

OK programming ready to go for 3/9 at midnight on Lifetime!

You do mean 3/10 at midnight, don't you? Medium comes on Sundays at midnight, not Saturday.

Just didn't want you to miss it.

Mediumfan

yepp; i understand... :lol:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.