Give 'em Hell Malone

Great news with the Facebook group.

Everyone should invite their friends to it. :)

@Syvell: I understand you being skeptical towards facebook and myspace. Too many old so-called friends you hoped you'd never meet again adding you etc. I would guess there are minimum 2.5million Norwegian facebook accounts with just 5ish+ million people in the country, so it's pretty big here. Though for networking/promotion both myspace and FB works great.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Syvell: I understand you being skeptical towards facebook and myspace. Too many old so-called friends you hoped you'd never meet again adding you etc. I would guess there are minimum 2.5million Norwegian facebook accounts with just 5ish+ million people in the country, so it's pretty big here. Though for networking/promotion both myspace and FB works great.

It's cool for the purpose of promoting a film like this particular group is. I signed up to Facebook today, just for that.

But in any other context: I just want to stay away from it.

But that's just me, I don't want to spoil everybody else's fun with Facebook in general....

I guess I'm just too paranoid. :P

I would guess there are minimum 2.5million Norwegian facebook accounts with just 5ish+ million people in the country, so it's pretty big here.

And there's three of us in Malone group already! :P

Completely awesome. This concept looks amazing. Great poster Tim. We need a film like this. We need a movie like this from Thomas. I know he's been around, but it's nice to see Mulcahy go back to basics with a film like this. Everything I've seen up to now shows me Russell Mulcahy has found his stride and swagger again. That makes me smile. I'm supporting you all on Facebook and getting very apprehensive to see this. Congratulations guys.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AdminGuyX

I FINALLY upgraded my OS to leopard so I can watch some damn trailers online!!!!

The new extended reel has made a film I was already dying to see into something I would KILL to see and simply cannot miss. I like it much more than the trailer as it goes a long way into showing us not just more footage, but how the action is staged for longer shots, and that they are not pulling any punches with the violence.

LOVE IT. LOVE IT. LOVE IT.

Rumor has it that a new trailer for Cannes is coming to the web soon. I imagine it'll pop up on Hannibal's website first. But this should be the first official trailer, approved by Russell, and will hopefully have SFX, music from the movie and freakin' DIALOGUE and PLOT (I know, I know, who cares about that? BRING ON THE BIG GUNS!).

And I think the film definitely has a screening position at Cannes, so that'll most likely be the first screening -- though it might just be for distributors and such. I'm not really sure how it works, whether it will be with festival or the market. If it's with the festival it'll probably be a public screening, but if it's with the market it might just be for foreign distributors.

Mark

Rumor has it that a new trailer for Cannes is coming to the web soon. I imagine it'll pop up on Hannibal's website first. But this should be the first official trailer, approved by Russell, and will hopefully have SFX, music from the movie and freakin' DIALOGUE and PLOT (I know, I know, who cares about that? BRING ON THE BIG GUNS!).

I, for one, am looking forward to hearing some dialogue. Definitely can't wait to see the trailer.

I love that look between her and TJ. Is she about to kiss him, slap him or both?

Very very sexy indeed! ;)

Beautiful pics! That look is soooo sexy!! Can't wait to see this! Dare we hope that Thomas will be at Cannes promoting this, and that maybe this will get a wide release and not get screwed like another movie which is frequently talked about here but which shall remain nameless?!! :P

Been a wild week, which is why I haven't been around populating these boards in more than a cursory fashion.

I can't help but feel that when Tom or I find ourselves too busy to contribute, interest wanes on the forum.

Anyway . . . .

A loooooong week plus working on no less than 5 different permutations of the Malone poster concept for Cannes.

A grueling, massive amount of hours spent hunched over my keyboard.

It's funny, this is the first time in my life since getting a computer that I've felt the effects of putting in such inhumane hours.

And it hurts.

I hope to have some extremely good news to share soon. It's been a battle but I think that between Russell Mulcahy and myself we've gotten Hannibal to see the light. The good news is that I believe that Hannibal are going to end up having a major set of balls and do something unexpected with regards to the poster designs I've been slaving over for 10 days. The bad news is that it won't be the ultracool gun motif background design that I've been lobbying for since it was created a few months back. Normally that would be even more disappointing to me if it weren't for the fact that they are contemplating using something I like even better.

The really good news is that I'm 98% sure that we won't be getting that photoshopped heads, standard Hollywood crap machine treatment.

Indeed this cocksucker is anything but.

Cross your fingers and say a few prayers on this film's behalf.

I'll spill the results when I get official word which should be by Tuesday if not sooner.

My thanks - TB

Been a wild week, which is why I haven't been around populating these boards in more than a cursory fashion.

I can't help but feel that when Tom or I find ourselves too busy to contribute, interest wanes on the forum.

Anyway . . . .

A loooooong week plus working on no less than 5 different permutations of the Malone poster concept for Cannes.

A grueling, massive amount of hours spent hunched over my keyboard.

It's funny, this is the first time in my life since getting a computer that I've felt the effects of putting in such inhumane hours.

And it hurts.

I hope to have some extremely good news to share soon. It's been a battle but I think that between Russell Mulcahy and myself we've gotten Hannibal to see the light. The good news is that I believe that Hannibal are going to end up having a major set of balls and do something unexpected with regards to the poster designs I've been slaving over for 10 days. The bad news is that it won't be the ultracool gun motif background design that I've been lobbying for since it was created a few months back. Normally that would be even more disappointing to me if it weren't for the fact that they are contemplating using something I like even better.

The really good news is that I'm 98% sure that we won't be getting that photoshopped heads, standard Hollywood crap machine treatment.

Indeed this cocksucker is anything but.

Cross your fingers and say a few prayers on this film's behalf.

I'll spill the results when I get official word which should be by Tuesday if not sooner.

My thanks - TB

Hey Tim;

I love your art work! Are you doing the story boards for either of these movies?

I was just wondering what's the story about Evil Seek? Directed/written by Wayne Kramer; what part is Tom playing? And who is directing In the Blood?

Anyway . . . .

Tim, I can't wait to see the poster works, I am certain they will amaze and send us fan boys to the ER to have our dropped jaws repaired!

I check the forums 3 or 4 times a day, but don't always see posts that interest me. I think we are in a bit of a lull, right now...at least in my case here in Michigan, spring has finally hit and I have a shit load of...well, SHIT to do outside, keeps me from spending time posting new stuff I'd like to discuss.

So this film is definitely going to premiere at Cannes then, Tim? I wondered since I didn't see it on the list of films slated to air during the festival. That's great news then. Maybe that'll build some really great interest and generate enough buzz for a big release.

Anyway . . . .

Don't feel that way, Tim. I'm sure, like me, everyone at least checks in on the boards every day, even if they don't say anything. I always make it a point to, if I have time, to at least see what's going on here.

Heh, sorry folks, was feeling a bit morose last night -

I'm not even speaking of our regular contributors (you know who you are), but more the other 500 bastards who've joined this board ;)

And I mean bastards in the nicest possible way, as a friend ribbing a friend.

Yeah, it just seems like since Warzone came and went we've had a lot less traffic populating the halls.

Of course if there was a big project imminent that would help too. But I guess things are slow all over.

Lot of cool stuff coming up so hopefully we can engage a larger community of friends in the not too distant.

Malone should help with that.

Now to business. Nothing has been decided yet. We have two candidates for the poster and they want to see a few more adjustments to both.

One of them is absolutely out of hand cool, but it would still take a very brave decision to for us to see that one win the day.

It's a hard thing for a studio to throw caution into the wind, their livelihoods depend on the buzz this stuff creates, the interest it stirs.

So it's no easy decision. That's why many studios play it safe.

The other design is pretty cool but to me it's not even close which design would be more successful.

Unfortunately I don't make the decisions or this would have been over a while ago ;)

Will keep you posted.

I'm also pretty sure that Mark Hosack (who also makes a side living editing trailers) has all the materials and is making a run at a new edit for an official trailer. I spoke with him the other day and he told me he had to wrap it up and deliver it by Friday.

So I'm not certain if Malone will actually PLAY at Cannes or not. I actually want to say that the film isn't quite ready.

I think the idea is to premiere the official trailer at Cannes with the actual film premiere occurring at the Toronto International Film Festival in September. Based on the performance in Toronto we should soon know it's fate. A fall release is very likely.

After the current poster design is completed we'll be getting back into this all in August for some additional 'character only' posters to go along with the official poster we're creating for Cannes. So I'm 99% positive that Toronto will be the film's actual world premiere.

more soon - tb

It is funny, though, because I've just been thinking the other day that things have been a bit quiet around here.

That said, I only joined not so long ago.... ;)

I keep checking out this forum frequently every day, I'm quite addicted.

Can't wait to see any of your posters for this movie , Tim :-)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.