FAST AND FURIOUS

origin1950

What are you lookin forward to seeing next Summer?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your most anticipated Summer 2009 movie

• X-Men Origins: Wolverine
    • Star Trek
    • The DaVinci Code: Angels and Demons
    • Terminator Salvation
    • Fast and Furious
    • Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen
    • Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince
    • G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra

I saw the Trailer this morning and it looks pretty cool...

FAST AND FURIOUS

Even though this is technically the fourth installment, director Justin Lin seems to be treating it like Part II by not getting into all the stuff that happened between this one and the first one.

The biggest mistake the franchise made was expecting these films to survive without Diesel.

Now that he's back, Fast and The Furious films CAN be enjoyable again.

*I still feel Dominic Sena should direct one of these, but he'd be too expensive for Universal.

Its funny how even in the "C" market you have Tom Cruises (I say "C" market cause it feels inferior to the "B" movie market).

The film opens JUNE 12, 2009.

Its among the many Summer vehicles we're getting next year that begin with X-Men Origins: Wolverine (May 1), Star Trek (May 8), The DaVinci Code: Angels and Demons (May 15), Terminator Salvation (May 22), Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen (June 26), Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince (July 17), and G.I. JOE: Rise Of Cobra (August 7).

-TL

Guest AdminGuyX

Yeah, I watched the trailer this morning and found myself not hating it. I was surprised. I'm not a fan of the series.

:)

I really like car movies though, and this has muscle cars in it, not just jet rocket go carts with huge spoilers and big spinning LED wheel things and hot wheelz paintjobs.

That said, I did enjoy the race sequences of Toyko Drift and thought Lucas Black tried admirable to carry an odd, poorly written film.

But I agree, Diesel fits well in these kind of films. I'll see it.

And on the poll, I'm a Harry Potter fan, but Wolverine looks amazing. So as of now, Wolverine is my most anticipated!

Don't see that changing.

Maybe if Fred's character returned for Transformers 2 and kicked the living shit out of Shia, I'd change my mind.

:)

Wolverine is a given for next summer, but Terminator is the one I'm looking forward to most, mainly because I'm eager to see where they're going to take it. I'm not too keen on McG directing, but maybe I'll be surprised. I never did get to see We Are Marshall, but the wife loved the Charlie' s Angels films, so that's all I have to go on.

As for Fast and Furious, really? Do we need another one? I'm not a big fan of the series. Only seeing the first two, neither impressed me much. I guess I went into it with other expectations.

G. I. Joe was one I was going to wait for until DVD, but now that Fred has a part (a speaking one on less :) ) I'm going to go check it out.

I hadda vote for Wolverine as a top choice.

Hugh, the trailer, Wolverine, Hugh, Wolverine, Danny Huston, Liev . . .

had to be Wolverine.

I'm also looking forward to Angels and Demons, Harry Potter, and The Terminator, with great anticipation.

- TB

Alright, I'll carry it over to this thread.

i voted for Potter, I'm a closet Potter junkie...

Dude, some deuchebags selected as many movies as they wanted to and that's why out of 11 people that have voted, 19 selections have been made.

Too bad there's no way for us to know who did it.

-TL

calm down.

Im calling shenanigan's on myself.

on my part, just MINUS 2 from Wolverine, 2 from G.I. Joe and 1 From Terminator.