21 hours ago, Gail said:

It’s quite crazy that you go through all that upheaval to probably see less of them than you did before!  Thank God for all the technology we have available though, can you imagine how hard it would have been if this had happened even ten years ago?  Glad you’re enjoying the twitching - we have a few feeders and are currently spending as much on bird food as ‘us’ food!  Playing host to a wide variety of birds from coal tits up to wood pigeons and even a woodpecker and the occasional sparrow hawk!  Plus a couple of squirrels that have worked out where the easy meals are 🙄 I’m attempting to dissuade the magpies though to avoid them nest raiding come breeding season as I think a number of ‘our’ birds nest either in our trees or nearby ones.

Currently I’m taking things quite steady as I had a small operation yesterday so very achy today - painkillers rock!  😉🙃

It is crazy, isn't it?! Still, it won't be forever.

Next door has squirrels but I think they get far more grub from there than they'd find in our garden, so they seem to be keeping away from the food we put out. I am so thankful we don't have sparrow hawks here - we'd have no passerines left! A couple wiped out all the small birds from K's sister's garden. Even the dog didn't deter them! Still, beautiful animals though!

How are you feeling today? What was the op for? When K finally had his hernia surgery at the end of November, he was groggy for several days, and completely exhausted, so I hope you're getting plenty of rest, and having your every need taken care of! Wishing you a very speedy recovery, sésata! 😘

12 hours ago, CJ Mitchell said:

Her younger one (24) is pregnant with her first child. The older one has two kids as well so its all having to keep to their own places.  

When is the baby due? Must be very hard, and quite worrying, to be pregnant during a pandemic. I saw a comment from someone on Twitter the other day, saying that had she realised at the beginning of last year how bad things would be, she would never have got pregnant. 

12 hours ago, CJ Mitchell said:

I feel sorry for other people who live away from family and don't get to see friends.  I miss not seeing some of my friends and going to the local pub to listen to them playing music. 

We're so fortunate in that a) we have each other, and b) are used to being away from our people for long periods, so the pandemic hasn't come as a great shock. TBH, we've not been hugely affected by it (although I would dearly love to be able to go to the hairdresser!). Must be incredibly hard for some people who are alone, and winter makes it seem so much worse, doesn't it?

13 hours ago, CJ Mitchell said:

I'm meant to be doing the RSPB thing this weekend too but its been pouring it down with rain here so not exactly birdwatching weather either.  

Been doing the usual playing MMORPGS and watching some stuff on Amazon inbetween, all caught up on Season 5 so having to wait for each episode to drop. 

Have you managed to record much bird life yet? Yesterday was a bit of a non-event but it's dry today, so fingers crossed!

What MMO are you playing at the moment?

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Glad to hear people are still doing well in general despite everything. Please all contiune to keep safe. Xx

Thank you Geoff, and you too. How are you all? 

23 hours ago, CJ Mitchell said:

Ouchy, hope you feel better soon. 😘 

Thanks CJ xx

20 hours ago, Enaira said:

Wishing you a speedy recovery! Thinking about you 😘

Merci mon ami 😘

10 hours ago, Nicole said:

Next door has squirrels but I think they get far more grub from there than they'd find in our garden, so they seem to be keeping away from the food we put out. I am so thankful we don't have sparrow hawks here - we'd have no passerines left! A couple wiped out all the small birds from K's sister's garden. Even the dog didn't deter them! Still, beautiful animals though!

How are you feeling today? What was the op for? When K finally had his hernia surgery at the end of November, he was groggy for several days, and completely exhausted, so I hope you're getting plenty of rest, and having your every need taken care of! Wishing you a very speedy recovery, sésata! 😘

To be honest we thought the squirrels were cute at first........ now we think they're a bloody nuisance since they're burying sunflower seeds all over our lawns 😡. A new feeding station has been purchased since even the recommended cayenne pepper in the feeder didn't deter them, the little blighters.  We had a sparrow hawk in the garden a couple of weeks ago - all the small birds dived into the middle of the hawthorn tree and just sat and watched it's frustrated efforts to get at them, predictably it gave up after a short while ☺️

Following a bout of excruciating pain at work a few months ago I was carted off up to our local A & E where it was eventually determined that I had gallstones, so the op was to relieve me of my gall bladder.  It seems that it's the only way to 100% ensure the pain will never come back, and since it's happened several times since, I was more than happy to have the surgery.  Quite a quick op (about an hour under anaesthetic) and home the same day, now got two weeks of recovery time before I can go back to work.  It's uncomfortable, but still not as painful as the stones were 😣. Beloved is being very attentive and is doing the dishes as I type!  Thanks for your good wishes Nicole, and I hope K is feeling much better now xxx

11 hours ago, Geoff said:

Glad to hear people are still doing well in general despite everything. Please all contiune to keep safe. Xx

Just about hanging in there G!  You look after yourself too xx

On 1/31/2021 at 8:42 AM, Nicole said:

Have you managed to record much bird life yet? Yesterday was a bit of a non-event but it's dry today, so fingers crossed!

What MMO are you playing at the moment?

It was dry for a short time but then wet again so all I managed to spot was a wood pigeon. 

I'm playing Lord of the Rings Online and Star Wars: The Old Republic.  On LOTRO I've been making a lot of songs and playing music with other talented musicians, using midi files and turning them into abc files. Its been fun and about as close as I can get to seeing live bands playing, other than you tube of course. 

My niece is due in June. She wasn't really sure if she could get pregnant or what one of the doctors told her at least she suffers with Endometriosis. But she's in a very stable relationship with a job etc.