• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Enaira said:

... hate Volkswagen right now! They manipulate their CO2 values during testing, then claim to solve the problem with a software update, this same software puts more effort onto a specific valve deep down into the motor and after 18 months it breaks down.

It takes 2 days in the repair shop to change it and costs 1.400€! They have no available spot on short notice and we have an appointment only in January ==> we have to rent a car to leave on holiday tomorrow 😪 we'll have to bring and pick up the kids with a taxi after the holidays! 

Ah sorry. Luxury problems. But it's good to let it out.

Oh, that's miserable, Ariane - I am so sorry you're having to deal with all of that. No need to apologise - we friends support each other, after all! 2k€ is a very ouchy amount of money to have to spend out, especially at this time of year. Will you be able to claim any of it back on your insurance? I know it's not eco-friendly but could you fly to Paris instead? Really hope you get things sorted out.

8 hours ago, Gail said:

...... count myself lucky I haven’t woken up with a black eye today.  Frosty step and not grippy soles led to me face planting the driveway yesterday morning so now have a very puffy right eye and a massively grazed cheek.  Could have been so much worse though.  Feel very silly........🤕

Oh, buggery bollocks... you poor thing. You're right, it could have been much worse but that doesn't invalidate the fact that you've taken a tumble, and hurt yourself. As someone who regularly has dizzy spells, and is still in pain from my last fall, back in the summer, you have my sympathies. And virtual hugs. Gentle ones, of course! 🤗 (Apparently that is a hug emoji!)

8 hours ago, Gail said:

...... count myself lucky I haven’t woken up with a black eye today.  Frosty step and not grippy soles led to me face planting the driveway yesterday morning so now have a very puffy right eye and a massively grazed cheek.  Could have been so much worse though.  Feel very silly........🤕

Gail, I wish I could cheer you up! Having an accident isn't a good idea right now: you would miss the Q&A! I do hope the Santa video was a bit fun...

Have a good evening and stop doing silly walks on icy steps 😉

Thank you lovely ladies - your virtual hugs and thoughts have made me feel a bit better, still feel like a massive idiot though! 😔

Ariane, what’s happening with your car - is anyone contributing to your car hire costs or cost of repairs?  After 30 years in the motor industry I can tell you that I would be making a lot of noise until VW offered some assistance, after all it’s their upgrade that caused the problem and it’s not your fault the garage can’t fit you in for weeks.  Somebody needs to take some responsibility and help you out!  Good luck! 🤞

2 hours ago, Gail said:

Thank you lovely ladies - your virtual hugs and thoughts have made me feel a bit better, still feel like a massive idiot though! 😔

I do know how you feel; when I took a tumble in the summer, I was just so thankful it was 7.30am, and there was no one around to see my shopping go flying across the pavement (I don't even want to think about what me hitting the ground looked like)! 

Hope you're feeling better today, chica. xx

2 hours ago, Gail said:

Ariane, what’s happening with your car - is anyone contributing to your car hire costs or cost of repairs?  After 30 years in the motor industry I can tell you that I would be making a lot of noise until VW offered some assistance, after all it’s their upgrade that caused the problem and it’s not your fault the garage can’t fit you in for weeks.  Somebody needs to take some responsibility and help you out!  Good luck! 🤞

Ariane, have you asked them if they could supply a loan car instead? Perhaps they'll help out? xx

34 minutes ago, Nicole said:

Hope you're feeling better today, chica. xx

Thanks N, still a bit sore and the swelling is working it’s way around my eye - trés attractive!!  Got some lovely bruises making an appearance as well 😔

34 minutes ago, Nicole said:

Ariane, have you asked them if they could supply a loan car instead? Perhaps they'll help out? xx

Gotta be worth asking the question - if they’re anything like us they’ll probably only have a limited number of loan cars available but I’d hope they’d be able (and willing) to do something to help you out.

2 minutes ago, Gail said:

Thanks N, still a bit sore and the swelling is working it’s way around my eye - trés attractive!!  Got some lovely bruises making an appearance as well 😔

Well, I hope that you'll be telling completely outrageous lies as to how you got the bruising. Several rounds with The Punisher, mayhap?! 😋

4 minutes ago, Gail said:

Gotta be worth asking the question - if they’re anything like us they’ll probably only have a limited number of loan cars available but I’d hope they’d be able (and willing) to do something to help you out.

Yeah, chances are they won't have anything but it's worth a try. And if they don't maybe they'll contribute to the cost of hiring one. Good luck, Ariane!

Ah you two are too sweet! Thanks for taking part. I lost a day dealing with my repair shop around the corner and with VW on the phone. For the local shop, it's too much work and too risky to do the job and take the whole motor apart. On VW side, they are not willing to help because we didn't do the yearly checks in their shop...

We're on the highway to hell, oh no sorry, highway northbound now with the rental car.

Funny things happened in the meantime: our rental car for today got cancelled. We received the information yesterday late afternoon. Luckily we still had time to find another car 30 minutes drive away from home.

Since 4 days the orange motor signal is on. We've been minimalizing our trips to bare necessity. Except during the drive back from the rental shop! 🤣 then the signal was off again! go figure...

But now... enough about silly problems. I'm so looking forward to the Q&A! 

24 minutes ago, Gail said:

You've been writing *a lot* in French lately! I like that! 

25 minutes ago, Enaira said:

You've been writing *a lot* in French lately! I like that! 

Don’t get too excited - I think I’ve reached my limit now!! 😉

Hope everyone is well, figured I'd check out the bar. Full of cold today still as caught it yesterday 🤧. This week has been rubbish as fell down the stairs on Tuesday as well, loose carpet. 😖 Just going to sit in the corner with a hot drink and people watch.  I'm not normally this useless.

Oh my God CJ - not you as well??!  There must be something going on with the gravity this week!  Hope you’re okay  🤞

Poor CJ! I wish you a quick recovery. Take care!

Gail: funny comment considering The Expanse S4 just got released 😉

39 minutes ago, Gail said:

Oh my God CJ - not you as well??!  There must be something going on with the gravity this week!  Hope you’re okay  🤞

I can at least sit down better today :) slid down on my backside. 

18 minutes ago, Enaira said:

Poor CJ! I wish you a quick recovery. Take care!

Gail: funny comment considering The Expanse S4 just got released 😉

Thanks, and yeah haha.  

• 1 month later...

......noticed I've topped 1,000 comments here 🎉  - may I take this opportunity to apologise for all the nonsense I've inflicted on you good people!! 😉

(And as a confirmed arachnophobe, I'm a bit conflicted over my new status!)

• 4 weeks later...

......remembered about your recent car problems Ariane - how did everything work out in the end?  Did VW offer any help or did they keep quiet and hope you went away?  I hope for your sake everything got sorted out, I know just how infuriating these things can be (from both sides, as a customer and a repairing garage). Believe me, the manufacturers drive us crazy too sometimes! 😡

1 hour ago, Gail said:

......remembered about your recent car problems Ariane - how did everything work out in the end?  Did VW offer any help or did they keep quiet and hope you went away?  I hope for your sake everything got sorted out, I know just how infuriating these things can be (from both sides, as a customer and a repairing garage). Believe me, the manufacturers drive us crazy too sometimes! 😡

It's funny you ask Gail, I am just coming back from Paris where we enjoyed our Xmas with the family. The "real" Xmas was so ****ed up, that we decided to shift everything by 2 months. VW has demanded the full repair price, largely above 1k€. It has been done early January. So now, it's all sorted out, we're mobile again 😉

Well I'm glad you're mobile but it sucks that you've had to stump up so much cash - I hope VW are pleased with themselves 😠

Hope you all enjoyed your belated Xmas! 🎄🎁

Thanks Gail ! It was great to have a few days off for sure. Children and grandparents were happy ==> I'm happy! 

• 2 weeks later...

....realised that today is my one year RAW-versary!  I honestly struggle to remember a time when I didn’t know this place, so I’d just like to say a massive thanks to all RAWarriors for making it such a fun, informative and relaxed hangout (not to mention the opportunities to interact with Thomas), I love you all and look forward to sharing the future with you!  😘❤️

7 minutes ago, Gail said:

....realised that today is my one year RAW-versary!  I honestly struggle to remember a time when I didn’t know this place, so I’d just like to say a massive thanks to all RAWarriors for making it such a fun, informative and relaxed hangout (not to mention the opportunities to interact with Thomas), I love you all and look forward to sharing the future with you!  😘❤️

Eeeeeee! Congratulations, Gail! 🥂 ❤️