PRINCE OF PERSIA

origin1950

I was actually quite surprised to see the game was being adapted into a film.

I stumbled across these first shots of Jake in costume and asked myself "What movie is this???"

prince3vty2.jpg---> prince2vqe2.jpg

Long time film director Mike Newell (Donnie Brasco, Love In The Time of Cholera) is shooting the first installment of the series named The Sands of Time in Morocco.

Scheduled to duke it out with MARVEL's ultimate Avenger IRON MAN in the Summer of 2010, the film will be an interesting addition to the very typical Summer menu of comic book movies.

*We're also expecting Kenneth Branagh's THOR that Summer.

The script was written by Carlo Bernard, who's Great Raid I have ZERO respect for.

On the other hand, I have great admiration for Jake Gyllenhaal.

Titles like JARHEAD, RENDITION, ZODIAC and Brokeback Mountain provided me with a great deal of respect for the actor.

He's versatile and has the rare ability to transform himself when playing a role (seeds of the Heath Ledger legend).

I'm stoked to see he hit the gym and went the action hero route.

He's anything but average and I think the role of Dastan is a good fit for him.

Ben Kingsley and Alfred Molina, two actors with great highs and incredible lows in their careers co-star.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time opens MAY 28, 2010.

-TL

OK. Seriously, how do ALL of these guys transform themselves without juicing just a little? :blink:

I was actually quite surprised to see the game was being adapted into a film.

I stumbled across these first shots of Jake in costume and asked myself "What movie is this???"

prince3vty2.jpg---> prince2vqe2.jpg

Long time film director Mike Newell (Donnie Brasco, Love In The Time of Cholera) is shooting the first installment of the series named The Sands of Time in Morocco.

Scheduled to duke it out with MARVEL's ultimate Avenger IRON MAN in the Summer of 2010, the film will be an interesting addition to the very typical Summer menu of comic book movies.

*We're also expecting Matthew Vaughn's THOR that Summer.

The script was written by Carlo Bernard, who's Great Raid I have ZERO respect for.

On the other hand, I have great admiration for Jake Gyllenhaal.

Titles like JARHEAD, RENDITION, ZODIAC and Brokeback Mountain provided me with a great deal of respect for the actor.

He's versatile and has the rare ability to transform himself when playing a role (seeds of the Heath Ledger legend).

I'm stoked to see he hit the gym and went the action hero route.

He's anything but average and I think the role of Dastan is a good fit for him.

Ben Kingsley and Alfred Molina, two actors with great highs and incredible lows in their careers co-star.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time opens MAY 28, 2010.

-TL

...helps if you hang with Barry Bonds.

Guest AdminGuyX
OK. Seriously, how do ALL of these guys transform themselves without juicing just a little?

I remember a few years back hearing about some kind of special workout that allowed the stars to bulk up in a very short amount of time.

;)

I had known about the game, but had no idea Jake was the star. I mean, in the game the lead is persian.

I know, a shock right?

I think he's a good actor too, but I have my reservations about him playing a sword wielding acrobatic bad ass.

:P

I think Jake is one of those guys that isn't afraid of any genre, alot like Heath Ledger.

He started out small, doing films that weren't anything special.

Donnie Darko obviously graduated him to "I can carry a film" status and that's all Sam Mendes needed to see to make him the lead in JARHEAD.

Naturally one can assume that same thought applied to Ang Lee's decision to put him in Brokeback Mountain.

Zodiac was the next step and at that point I felt like this guy had been doing films for 20 years.

Rendition has GOT to be his most underrated film since very few people actually saw it.

Gavin Hood is really makin a name for himself when it comes to casting.

Jake plays the opposite of Kiefer Sutherland's Jack Bauer - and that makes the character much more effective.

Naturally it also makes him boring to spoonfed audiences, but who cares?

I think Prince of Persia is the natural next step.

The big blockbuster, the large Summer vehicle, the huge epic that'll display his name front and center in billboards around the country.

I was surprised to learn he was doing this, but never the least bit oposed to it.

I'm fuckin excited to see a Trailer.

-TL

I was pissing myself in the theater when this came out. I was the only one, though! :-) It's humor you either get or you don't. I own it.

Five hundred dolla!

• 1 month later...

Here's a shot of Ben Kingsley from the set of Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time,

may28zc5.png

After seeing Ben in The Wackness and You Kill Me, I've re-established my confidence in his abilities as an actor.

He went through a REALLY bad period of utter crap that peaked with Bloodrayne.

This looks mystically exciting and with Jake leading the platoon, its bound to deliver.

PRINCE OF PERSIA: THE SANDS OF TIME

MAY 28, 2010

-TL

Damnn Jake Gyllenhaal is looking huge...I thought he was wearing a muscle suit or something...I always like to know exactly how much muscle some of these guys put on for these role...this guy looked like he used to weigh 160 at the most now with the added muslce id say about 180.

Archived