• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some comic stores got it Wednesday, but it's on Diamond's official shipping list for next week. Not sure when major book chains will receive it but Bud Plant should have it next week to.

http://budsartbooks.com/prod.cfm/pc/AOJJH/cid/17

So is this book available in stores now? Where is the best place to find it?

Thanks for the tip! It's definitely on my Must List! :P I'll check out that site right away.

Edit: I just ordered my copy. Can't wait to see it! Btw, it says it's on back order. How much of a back-order is it? You got any idea?

Thanks, Tim & Noeland!

The book is officially on Diamond's confirmed shipping list for today so if anyone is looking for it your local comic shop should have it or be able to get it! If you do pick it up, please drop me a line and let me know what you think!

Guest AdminGuyX

Got to see this as well yesterday at the Desperado table. It's HUGE!! And it was front and center on the table too Joe.

I was really impressed with the book, and with all of what Desperado is publishing. Your school ID made me chuckle. You look like a friend of mine in that photo.

Thanks, Noeland! So, did you actually GET a copy? LOL

Got to see this as well yesterday at the Desperado table. It's HUGE!! And it was front and center on the table too Joe.

I was really impressed with the book, and with all of what Desperado is publishing. Your school ID made me chuckle. You look like a friend of mine in that photo.

Guest AdminGuyX

No. I was going to get it on sunday, but my foot was just hurting too badly so I just drove back to Akron. (I hurt my foot and ankle recently, and as it was I had a tough time on it all weekend)

I didn't pick up Age of Desire, or any of the books I wanted from Guy Davis either. Friday I was already lugging around Archetype, and saturday we got there kind of late and the show was over before I knew what was happening.

I suck. But I'll be ordering both books from Desperado directly, and I'm sure I'll run into you at one of these shows for a sig!

:)

yeah, yeah, yeah. :)

No. I was going to get it on sunday, but my foot was just hurting too badly so I just drove back to Akron. (I hurt my foot and ankle recently, and as it was I had a tough time on it all weekend)

I didn't pick up Age of Desire, or any of the books I wanted from Guy Davis either. Friday I was already lugging around Archetype, and saturday we got there kind of late and the show was over before I knew what was happening.

I suck. But I'll be ordering both books from Desperado directly, and I'm sure I'll run into you at one of these shows for a sig!

Here's the Wolverine/ninja piece I was referring to in the WOLVERINE thread. Piece almost friggin" killed me! I was told "no blood" on the cover but I STILL think it needs a flying eyeball! LOL

72WolverineHercules1cover.jpg

It's a beauty! The shredding of the cowl and the slicing of the swords work great as violent replacements for the missing blood and EYEBALL...can't ever go wrong with flying eyeballs though!

Guest AdminGuyX

Damn, the finished painting is cool. Love the deep warm tone it has. Those windows rock!

And I don't know if this will make you feel better Joe, but I am putting off buying the giant hardcover Hellboy collected volumes to pick up your book, and Age of Desire this week.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my copy of the book yesterday and WOW!! Every page is a visual feast! I can't take my eyes off some of them! I really love your use of color. The richness and depth are incredible!

I won't even try to choose one favorite, but right now, that cover piece is blowing my mind!!

Congrats on a phenomenal collection!

Yes, I do. I DO feel better! LOL

Damn, the finished painting is cool. Love the deep warm tone it has. Those windows rock!

And I don't know if this will make you feel better Joe, but I am putting off buying the giant hardcover Hellboy collected volumes to pick up your book, and Age of Desire this week.

THANKS!!! I'm glad that you liked it! I'm really happy with how it turned out, so it's nice to hear such a positive response! :-)

Got my copy of the book yesterday and WOW!! Every page is a visual feast! I can't take my eyes off some of them! I really love your use of color. The richness and depth are incredible!

I won't even try to choose one favorite, but right now, that cover piece is blowing my mind!!

Congrats on a phenomenal collection!

Joe-

I just got my copy of your book. It's gorgeous. There's so much stuff in there that I've never seen before. It's a beautiful book and a great tribute to the work that you've produced thus far. Can't wait for Volume II. Congratulations!

-Brian

THAT'S good to hear! I've seen the stuff forever, but forgot that a lot of people probably hadn't. You have no idea how relieved I am!

Joe-

I just got my copy of your book. It's gorgeous. There's so much stuff in there that I've never seen before. It's a beautiful book and a great tribute to the work that you've produced thus far. Can't wait for Volume II. Congratulations!

-Brian