One Of My Supercool Ancestors

I'll have to do some research and find some of the buildings mentioned. I'm only a few hours away and visit Minneapolis any chance I get.

Speaking of, Minnapolis/St.Paul has a small con and I see you where listed as a past guest. I know it's tiny, but any chace you'd swing by again? I'd love to meet you in person.

Loved that show but it's been many many years since I was invited out.

It used to take place at the THUNDERBIRD Hotel, across from the Mall Of the Americas.

I'm pretty sure it was located in Bloomington Minnesota

I lived in Bloomington Illinois at the time and used to drive up. I don't know if they have the grease to do plane tickets and what not.

But if they ever invited me back and paid my way out I'd be all too happy.

- TB

Ah, the old Thunderbird, but I think the location has changed. If memory serves me correctly, I think a parking lot and and a new over pass is residing there. If you do get an invite, I'd love to hear about it. Seems like a week after the fact is when I find out about these things. You should start an appearances thread when you and/or Tom are out and about.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AdminGuyX

How did I miss this?

The first thing that grabbed me was the photo, and how it looks like a photo you'd light and draw.

;)

This made me smile:

For nearly forty years Bradstreet, a New Englander by birth, devoted his talents and artistic vision to his adopted city of Minneapolis, a bustling frontier outpost still in the awkward stages of metropolitan adolescence.

That would have been SUCH an exciting time to be alive.

Thanks for the link Tim, I'm a history nut, I love this kind of stuff.

If I may so say, looks like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

• 2 years later...

It's funny to read these old posts from you guys back when the site first opened...All of you are talking so polite to each other and look at'cha now...always cracking jokes with each other and talking like you've known each other all your lives...how sweet. LOL :P

It's funny to read these old posts from you guys back when the site first opened...All of you are talking so polite to each other and look at'cha now...always cracking jokes with each other and talking like you've known each other all your lives...how sweet. LOL :P

Yeah, it's all sugar then spice ;)