Gerard Butler's - Law Abiding Citizen

• 2 months later...

Fahrenheit has been in hold up mode for a while, even after Frank got Hanks involved.

Not sure if it will happen or not.

Those guys flapping anti-Darabont inane bullshit through their spattering sphincter mouths on AICN should slide under a gas truck and taste their own blood.

Technology gave mindless retards a voice. Ain't it a shame.

- TB

Still, what does that say?

They can't get it off the ground with Gibson or Hanks, and Darabont.

I think it says a lot about the current state of Hollywood and Hollywood business $ over substance and art, or even just worthwhile product.

Why not just change the name to Executivewood?

These are some ill-suited and ball-less chumps making serious calls. Too scared to take a risk, to say nothing of backing something that might be different and original.

I can tell you right now almost assuredly that Darabont most likely dropped out of LAC because some suit who had to get his hand in the creative cookie jar, hired his "pal" to do some needless rewrite on the eve of production, thereby fucking up something that didn't need the tinkering. All so he could take some real credit.

You would be shocked at how often this happens. Or maybe you wouldn't be ;)

- TB

That is why I am in awe of Mel Gibson's power as a producer.

The man literally became his own island of film-making and he's proven more successful than 70 year old studios.

The Passion of The Christ brought in more money than any other film Gibson's name was ever attached to that was studio financed.

Apocalypto was 1 of the 4 best movies I saw in 2006, and its evidence that Mel made the right decision in distancing himself from Executivewood politics.

NO studio exec WOULD HAVE EVER approved that film.

*Maybe Mel should get his hands on the rights for Fahrenheit and direct it himself with Hanks starring...

THAT film would own the Academy Awards that year.

-TL

I just hope doesn't go back to the Stephen King well in light of this, as much as I would love to see him do The Long Walk. I'd prefer something different.

You know I don't care much for Gibson as a director.

• 2 weeks later...

Beginning to see why Darabont quit:

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/role...ing-citizen.php

To be honest I'm not sure the Darabont's heart was really in this from the beginning.

The start again stop again with production is frustrating. Probably gave Frank a chance to reconsider his priorities.

Hopefully that priority is directing his own scripts, which is something friends of Frank's have heard him talk about at length.

Directing this film kind of came out of left field. I think he was just getting antsy to work and this sounded very attractive at first.

I'm sure he could be a wonderful "work for hire" director if he wanted to pursue that path.

But it's hard to spend a year of your life or more working on something you don't love completely.

For Frank, that starts with the script, and then nurturing it through the process.

- TB

This thread needs a title change now that Darabont is history.

*F. Gary Gray, who directed the EPICALLY terrible Be Cool and A Man Apart will be shooting this now.

-TL

i have to admit, i kinda liked A Man Apart. Not great, really a pretty average flick, but there was one scene...the part when Vin beat the guy to death with his bare hands, then fell to his knees cleaning the blood off his wedding ring--very powerful, i felt.

That movie had alot of potential back when the script was called El Diablo and the writing team hadn't URBANIZED it.

Larenz Tate just added to the overall destruction of the movie.

Diesel was on fire at that time, so I was pretty annoyed after I saw this.

Bad dialogue, bad story, bad cinematography, bad...

-TL

Vin needs to tap into his Italian roots more often, they always work wonders for him.

Find Me Guilty, Knockaround Guys, The Fast and The Furious...

This is why I'll be watching Fast and Furious on opening day, June 12.

The man can be one BADASS Italian.

-TL

This does seem to put an interesting twist on the vigilante theme, and i'm sure he has potential--but i have to say (and i know this is part of another thread) at least they're not letting him try to play Snake.