The Punisher: WarZone

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe he shoulda stuck to the lawyering.

Jonathan Hensleigh is a MAJOR Hollywood player with very influencial friends in the business.

He's married to one of the biggest producers in LA and wrote what is perhaps the BIGGEST action movie ever shot in NYC.

Have some respect.

-TL

Guest FADoss
Oh God these purists...

Guys, in the end its a matter of getting personal and whether or not that can make things bloodier.

I'll use the best example:

DC's BATMAN: A random mugger kills Bruce's parents.

Burton's BATMAN: Jack Napier kills Bruce's parents.

I prefer the second concept.

MARVEL's PUNISHER: Castle's family is killed at random.

Hensleigh's PUNISHER: Castle's family is targeted for murder by Howard Saint.

If any REAL human being, not just some 2D comic book character, was going to become a vigilante - which origin would really fuel his quest?

We come to another example:

Death Wish: Paul Kersey is hunting criminals at random.

Hensleigh's Punisher: Frank Castle is going on a kamikaze mission to kill the man responsible for his anguish.

*The key element here is - In Hensleigh's story, Castle WANTS to die aka TAXI DRIVER.

Travis Bickle was also on a kamikaze mission to kill the man responsible for Iris' life as a whore and WANTS to die.

You guys make Hensleigh out to be a complete idiot sometimes.

The man went to law school for 10 years.

He wrote DIE HARD: WITH A VENGEANCE, one of the highest grossing movies of 1995.

John McTiernan thinks he's an amazing writer.

The Punisher community thinks he's shit = WHO CARES???

-TL

TL, I know plenty of smart people who couldn't write a screen play to save their lives.

The highest grossing movie of 1995 is like saying she's the prettiest girl in the whole bar...though I did like DH3.

As for all your ideas on those changes making the film better than the comic. I disagree. I don't think those changes make it a bad film....or a bad script. I just don't like them when trying to tell the story of The Punisher. It's like doing the Passion of Christ with Schwartzenegger...I mean sure it's cool, but it really ain't Jesus. :)

Fred

I have to agree with the origin thing. Yes, of course he would want revenge on the bastards for murdering his family, but I just don't see the guy going on, after he killed the men responsible. Then again, I guess it would be possible for him to go on and kill. I just like the idea of him and his family being completely helpless and innocent.

Personally, I think NOIR is an important aspect of The Punisher, visually speaking. Many of Tim's cover illustrations invoke a certain noir vibe for me.

It could be one of the things that makes a well put together Punisher film great. A hardR crime story told with noir visuals would be quite welcome in my DVD collection.

Imagine Alex Proyas doing a new Punisher flick shot like Dark City or The Crow.

I'd love it.

Dude that's a great Ideal:)if Lexi don't come back for sequel.I will welcome Alex in with open arms B)

There's not gonna be a sequel, optimist of the year.

Lexi got kicked off and the CEO of LGF is considering Straight to Video release.

The last thing that's gonna happen is a sequel to Warzone.

*Looks like the Japs aren't too familiar with the film's current situation and are still under the impression alotta people were under before Comicon...

raystevensonbustwm2.jpg

Hey at least if Warzone goes Straight to Video, it'll be the first DVD movie to have a Kotobukiya Bust made for it.

-TL

There's not gonna be a sequel, optimist of the year.

Lexi got kicked off and the CEO of LGF is considering Straight to Video release.

The last thing that's gonna happen is a sequel to Warzone.

-TL

Those are just rumors and lies ;) Why do you hate this film so much?I mean I like the 04 film too,but dude it's time to move on.And I'm not going to make you like this,like you can't make me dislike it.Talking and arguing about is it going to suck or not.Is just a waste of time,because we both have different opinons.But there is one thing we can agree on that we both love the Punisher.

Rumors and lies?

Where have you been this last month???

Did you miss the monkeys in Lexi's site?

Did you not notice Hurd called Lexi's booting a honeymoon?

Did you fail to realize 80s cheese is not well perceived this day in age?

-TL

A:The monkeys can mean anythingB:Lexi did get marryC:The people (like me)love a smart action movie,but sometimes you want to sit back and enjoy a nice eyecandy action film:)

Rumors and lies?

Where have you been this last month???

Did you miss the monkeys in Lexi's site?

Did you not notice Hurd called Lexi's booting a honeymoon?

Did you fail to realize 80s cheese is not well perceived this day in age?

-TL

I'll trust Mr. Gainer's word over the hearsay posted on sites like AICN and LatinoReview.

I'll trust Mr. Gainer's word over the hearsay posted on sites like AICN and LatinoReview.

I trust him too:)And why in the hell are people listening to no name insiders(aka troll,haters,nerd,no lifes).Instead of somebody who is working on the film?

Ok, let's put aside all the rumors from sites.

There's still 3 things Steve can't cover for:

-Lexi deleted all Warzone related content on her site and then made a new blog about something completely different with seeds of fury against LGF.

-Hurd claimed the honeymoon was the reason she was absent from Comicon - it clearly wasn't because those monkeys appeared the day after.

-Warzone looks ULTRA cheesy and wreaks of Straight to Video typecasting - so its not a surprise that LGF would reconsider what they were gonna release.

-TL

Those are just rumors and lies ;) Why do you hate this film so much?I mean I like the 04 film too,but dude it's time to move on.And I'm not going to make you like this,like you can't make me dislike it.Talking and arguing about is it going to suck or not.Is just a waste of time,because we both have different opinons.But there is one thing we can agree on that we both love the Punisher.

Thomas hates PWZ so much coz neither Thomas Jane nor Jonathan Hensleigh are involved. He'll deny that, but he's just blowin' smoke. Read the history of his posts for the real picture. :P

George at Latino Review essentially recanted the story they wrote. He's a good ethical guy, and there aren't many like him with film websites on the net. Vic at Screenrant is another good one. We need more like them, and not so many who are nothing but whores for the studios.

Nomad

Thomas hates PWZ so much coz neither Thomas Jane nor Jonathan Hensleigh are involved. He'll deny that, but he's just blowin' smoke. Read the history of his posts for the real picture. :P

George at Latino Review essentially recanted the story they wrote. He's a good ethical guy, and there aren't many like him with film websites on the net. Vic at Screenrant is another good one. We need more like them, and not so many who are nothing but whores for the studios.

Nomad

Oh I see now, thanks Nomad ;):) And don't he know that Jackie Chan do the samething on his website.When Jackie gets done with a movie,he takes everything down about that movie B)