The Punisher: WarZone

Tim Bradstreet

Guest FADoss
Some of us here have provided opinions that ended up being facts in a very colorful turn of events.

The "talkin down/bickering/ridiculous banter" part I wipe my hands of.

I post here to have serious discussions, NOT to waste time and talk shit.

-TL

THIS IS THE BIGGEST LOT OF BULLSHIT I HAVE EVER SEEN POSTED HERE!

If I can admit to being an ass...you sure as hell can TL. :P

Fred

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but anyone who says they want to see Matt Fraction's Punisher on the big screen is... stupid. Simple as that.

His take on the character is some of the worst stuff I've ever read on The Punisher, and I've read The Zombisher and I've read when Castle joins the mob.

Castle kills innocents. No repercussions that we see. He lets supervillains off the hook. He isn't able to kill a single supervillain of consequence. He lets Jigsaw live over and over again because it helps his self-fucking-esteem?

I'm sorry, but Fraction blows. There are so many better PG-13ish stories of The Punisher that can be adapted than anything Fraction's ever written.

Fred, if I'm full of shit, name ONE thing I've said that's been a lie.

The things I write here aren't "ridiculous banter".

They are simply observations and COMMON SENSE.

And those observations seem to become more true everyday that passes.

What's ironic is that ALL of this is happening because LGF felt Thomas Jane was expendable.

He's no Harrison Ford, but in the Punisher community he was clearly a source of class that nobody in that community recognized.

Look at how that moron Kevin shits all over him.

-TL

Guest FADoss

You wouldn't believe anything I posted anyway so why bother.

BUT, what I was referring to were all the simple "Fuck you" posts that didn't really contribute, or the pictures with obnoxious quotes or any number of other things.

And again, the movie isn't out yet...so we don't know if your Carnac yet.

I think it was VERY easy in light of Jane's decision and all the rumors to become negative. You act like your assessment was earth shattering revelation. TL thinks War Zone is going to suck. How novel...

As for Jane. I too miss him as the Punisher. It was the most depressing part about War Zone and his departure scares me...but I hope against hope still. Which seems to put ME in the minority.

Fred

Guest FADoss
I'm sorry, but anyone who says they want to see Matt Fraction's Punisher on the big screen is... stupid. Simple as that.

His take on the character is some of the worst stuff I've ever read on The Punisher, and I've read The Zombisher and I've read when Castle joins the mob.

Castle kills innocents. No repercussions that we see. He lets supervillains off the hook. He isn't able to kill a single supervillain of consequence. He lets Jigsaw live over and over again because it helps his self-fucking-esteem?

I'm sorry, but Fraction blows. There are so many better PG-13ish stories of The Punisher that can be adapted than anything Fraction's ever written.

Well fuck you too. I JUST SAID I WANTED TO SEE IT...so you call me stupid. Maybe you should start a website with Kevin you little prick.

War Journal is GREAT! I can't believe you called me stupid...punk.

Fred

Well fuck you too. I JUST SAID I WANTED TO SEE IT...so you call me stupid. Maybe you should start a website with Kevin you little prick.

War Journal is GREAT! I can't believe you called me stupid...punk.

Fred

War Journal is just terrible. What makes it so great? I can't believe you consider it great.

Nomad:

WHO prepared for 6 months to play Frank Castle?

WHO tried to FIX Warzone?

WHO turned down MILLIONS because Warzone is such crap?

WHO PREDICTED this movie was gonna go straight to video?

WHO placed this movie in the shitlist that includes Daredevil and Ghost Rider?

THOMAS JANE.

He was the voice of reason when Warzone was conceived and he is the voice of reason now that Warzone has failed miserably.

-TL

According to Kevin, he respected Thomas a lot until he started to make his feelings about the reboot known to the public. The question of class has been raised in Thomas' situation then too. Personally, I'd rather hear him say nothing at all about it and move on but I don't think he loses much credibility for speaking from his own disappointment. Why should he support a film that he wanted no part of even though the former idea has been transformed somewhat? You can hardly blame the guy for feeling betrayed. Who said Thomas should have to support Warzone? I wonder where Kevin's lofty standards would be if it was him in a similar situation. If the pwz truth is any indication my bet is that he'd be trying to give it back in spades. The whole thing just seems to smack of the hypocrite.

I agree with a lot of that but let's put this Kevin thing to bed for the present, shall we?

I'm enjoying this little spat between TL and Doss ;)

Also, whatever you think of Fraction or War Journal, pro or con, lets try and hold our insults either way.

- TB

I agree with a lot of that but let's put this Kevin thing to bed for the present, shall we?

I'm enjoying this little spat between TL and Doss ;)

Also, whatever you think of Fraction or War Journal, pro or con, lets try and hold our insults either way.

- TB

Fine... Fred, I apologize for calling you stupid.

But War Journal still sucks.

Holy smokes, I go away and shoot some kids stuff for Disney, and the whole world is a different color when I return. Again I appear here to dispel rumors. Please believe:

Lexi is not off the film

Lexi is still involved in the edit process

The film is not (nor could it ever be) PG-13

Today I saw a cut that ran 91 minutes

Lexi did in fact get married

Lexi is an incredibly talented director, and this film kicks major ass, as will be proven when it is released IN THEATRES DECEMBER 5th

The film is most certainly not all exploding heads, but will reveal a great deal of Franks personna and pain

This film has been difficult from the begining, from a bitter Canadian winter, to endless nights, to rampant sickness, Lexi has fought to make a killer Punisher film for fans and non fans alike.

Initially we were to release in September, but for whatever reason (not the quality of the film or edit IMHO) it was decided to release in December. That extra time has given everyone a chance to put their two cents worth in, but rest assured, Lexi is still stearing the boat, and she is a great captain.

When I hear vicious unfounded troll rumors like the "film was unwatchable" or "a total mess" it makes my blood boil. I want to punish the corrupt. People sit on their fat asses trolling the internet, people that have never even looked through a motion picture camera, and make judgements on a work of art that they've never seen, it's like saying a baby will be ugly before it is born, I can't freaking wait for this film to come out and prove the nay-sayers wrong.

Sorry for the rant, I just love something wonderful you have yet to see-

sg,asc

Holy smokes, I go away and shoot some kids stuff for Disney, and the whole world is a different color when I return. Again I appear here to dispel rumors. Please believe:

Lexi is not off the film

Lexi is still involved in the edit process

The film is not (nor could it ever be) PG-13

Today I saw a cut that ran 91 minutes

Lexi did in fact get married

Lexi is an incredibly talented director, and this film kicks major ass, as will be proven when it is released IN THEATRES DECEMBER 5th

The film is most certainly not all exploding heads, but will reveal a great deal of Franks personna and pain

This film has been difficult from the begining, from a bitter Canadian winter, to endless nights, to rampant sickness, Lexi has fought to make a killer Punisher film for fans and non fans alike.

Initially we were to release in September, but for whatever reason (not the quality of the film or edit IMHO) it was decided to release in December. That extra time has given everyone a chance to put their two cents worth in, but rest assured, Lexi is still stearing the boat, and she is a great captain.

When I hear vicious unfounded troll rumors like the "film was unwatchable" or "a total mess" it makes my blood boil. I want to punish the corrupt. People sit on their fat asses trolling the internet, people that have never even looked through a motion picture camera, and make judgements on a work of art that they've never seen, it's like saying a baby will be ugly before it is born, I can't freaking wait for this film to come out and prove the nay-sayers wrong.

Sorry for the rant, I just love something wonderful you have yet to see-

sg,asc

Big cheers Steve.

We value your viewpoint extremely.

REALLY missed you at SDCC.

Ray literally showered you with praise.

I am envious (in the best possibly meaning of the word) that you got to work with him.

Good to know that the creative forces of this film are still in place.

Thanks for bringing some light (at least a 20K) to the last few days (weeks) of insanity.

- TB

Nomad:

WHO prepared for 6 months to play Frank Castle?

WHO tried to FIX Warzone?

WHO turned down MILLIONS because Warzone is such crap?

WHO PREDICTED this movie was gonna go straight to video?

WHO placed this movie in the shitlist that includes Daredevil and Ghost Rider?

THOMAS JANE.

He was the voice of reason when Warzone was conceived and he is the voice of reason now that Warzone has failed miserably.

-TL

Well, Thomas, I would not agree with most of your statements above. But regardless of whether you have all your facts straight or not, the main point is this: what do ANY of those statements have to do with THIS one you made, which is the one I answered with a :blink:

"What's ironic is that ALL of this is happening because LGF felt Thomas Jane was expendable."

IF you had your facts straight, you would KNOW that the film Thomas Jane was associated with has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Punisher: War Zone. Lion's Gate and some producers are in common with the film Jane was negotiating to do, but the actors, the writers, the story, the director, EVERYTHING germain to the film changed after Jane left. Here it is again, Thomas, coz I know it's hard for you...it is not the same film at all.

IF this film turns out poorly, that would make Thomas Jane's prediction correct BY ACCIDENT as it reflects only his bitter schadenfreude, and not his business nor artistic acumen, and certainly NOT his knowledge, because, Thomas (BOTH of you), here it is again: it is not the same film that Jane walked out on.

Nomad

IF you had your facts straight, you would KNOW that the film Thomas Jane was associated with has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Punisher: War Zone. Lion's Gate and some producers are in common with the film Jane was negotiating to do, but the actors, the writers, the story, the director, EVERYTHING germain to the film changed after Jane left. Here it is again, Thomas, coz I know it's hard for you...it is not the same film at all.

IF this film turns out poorly, that would make Thomas Jane's prediction correct BY ACCIDENT as it reflects only his bitter schadenfreude, and not his business nor artistic acumen, and certainly NOT his knowledge, because, Thomas (BOTH of you), here it is again: it is not the same film that Jane walked out on.

Nomad

I thought they went back to an older script that was originally scraped for the Sutter rewrite. If that's the case it would be the movie he technically did walk out on.

Also, a question for Steve if he knows anything.

What's currently the deal with the music? Is there a new composer yet?

I had this in my mailbox this morning. I've asked this blogger to cite his sources, and if/when he does I'll post them here. But here's the story. This isn't a fan site, so it has some chance of being true.

Michael Wandmacher: Punisher - War Zone

Punisher: War Zone, Lions Gate's follow-up to the 2004 Marvel action adventure The Punisher, gets an original score composed by Michael Wandmacher, whose previous credits include Never Back Down, Cry Wolf and The Killing Floor. Lexi Alexander (Green Street Hooligans) directs Punisher: War Zone, which features Ray Stevenson in the title role with supporting cast members including Dominic West and Julie Benz. Film is scheduled to premiere on December 5. Among Wandmacher's other upcoming films are My Bloody Valentine 3-D and Train.

Written by Mikael Carlsson at 11:54 PM

http://upcomingfilmscores.blogspot.com/200...wandmacher-punisher-war-zone.html ://http://upcomingfilmscores.blogspot....-war-zone.html

And, for whatever it's worth, on IMDB, someone named LaLaLandLovechild (hey, that's the name!) posted this:

I know his assistant. A big reason he got hired on this film is because he's a Punisher freak and wants the score to do the character some justice.

Nomad

I had this in my mailbox this morning. I've asked this blogger to cite his sources, and if/when he does I'll post them here. But here's the story. This isn't a fan site, so it has some chance of being true.

Michael Wandmacher: Punisher - War Zone

Punisher: War Zone, Lions Gate's follow-up to the 2004 Marvel action adventure The Punisher, gets an original score composed by Michael Wandmacher, whose previous credits include Never Back Down, Cry Wolf and The Killing Floor. Lexi Alexander (Green Street Hooligans) directs Punisher: War Zone, which features Ray Stevenson in the title role with supporting cast members including Dominic West and Julie Benz. Film is scheduled to premiere on December 5. Among Wandmacher's other upcoming films are My Bloody Valentine 3-D and Train.

Written by Mikael Carlsson at 11:54 PM

http://upcomingfilmscores.blogspot.com/200...wandmacher-punisher-war-zone.html ://http://upcomingfilmscores.blogspot....-war-zone.html ://http://upcomingfilmscores.blogspot....-war-zone.html ://http://upcomingfilmscores.blogspot....-war-zone.html ://http://upcomingfilmscores.blogspot....-war-zone.html

And, for whatever it's worth, on IMDB, someone named LaLaLandLovechild (hey, that's the name!) posted this:

I know his assistant. A big reason he got hired on this film is because he's a Punisher freak and wants the score to do the character some justice.

Nomad

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with Michael's work, though I'm happy to hear he's also scored or is scoring MBV for Patrick Lussier.

Sounds like LGF is high on him. As for "LaLaLandLovechild", this sounds somewhat legit as La La Land Records released Carlo Siliotto's score for the '04 Punisher film. I hope someone releases Franke's rejected score. MBV is (I'm hearing) set for a January opening so perhaps Wandmacher's first priority is Warzone. Now I'm going to have to go sample at Itunes.

Thanks for the tip Nomad.

- TB

Michael Wandmacher's stuff is mostly electronic.

The vibe I felt was not unlike Bear McCreary's Battlestar Galactica work.

Samples are a bitch though, 30 seconds is so little and I'm not in a purchasing mood.

A lot of what I listened to sounded like underscore for the most part. I checked out Cry Wolf and The Killing Floor.

Still, samples never tell the whole story. There definitely seems to be some nice stuff in there though.

I'm not picking up a lot of bombastic tracks, it's more moody and atmospheric, which is good too.

The Punisher may bring the Tiger out of him.

- TB