The Punisher: WarZone

Tim Bradstreet

This is getting fun now.

Nomad, so glad you came over for a visit. After the smoke from the film clears you should stick around.

Love to speak with you at SD. I'll be at the RAW booth all weekend and as available as the next bloke after hours.

Now I'd like to be clear about a couple things. I apologized to Steve Gainer because I neglected to consider that he'd be the one to grade or tweak colors for the film in post. When I made the comment about "calling Geoff Boyle", I was assuming the film was in the studio's hands and that Steve was finished with his part. I in no way intended to suggest Steve wasn't capable or worthy of handling things. I made a mistake, I apologized. Even so I stood by what I stated about the colors, and I've been very clear about that opinion being just that, my opinion. I've also been clear about the fact that hey, this isn't my film, and that Lexi and Steve made a choice. It's their film, it's their choice, that is understood. But I am still entitled to that opinion. I do not consider those comments to be "ill-advised". I have never stood against this production, in fact I have supported it through my relationship with Gale Anne Hurd and Lion's Gate. Gale's the one who got the ball rolling with my involvement. To publicly mention my thoughts on the colors I saw is not a condemnation of the film. In my opinion it would be cool to tone them down in spots. That's it. As alluded to elsewhere in this thread, I do not consider myself to be the Lord Of Good Taste, or the only voice on the subject. I do not consider my opinion as the only one that counts, that's ridiculous. But don't I get to share my thoughts on Warzone without being branded? What lesson is it I need to learn? What makes you the arbiter of judgement?

When I meet Steve face to face it will be with a clear conscience. I look forward to speaking with him and I'm not for a second going to live in fear of being taken to task over my opinion about color where this film is concerned. I look forward to meeting Lexi face to face as well. And we'll laugh and have a good time talking about you voracious lovely lot ;)

As for signing with Ray, I look forward to that with prodigious anticipation as I am a ROME nut! I'm going to be sitting next to fucking Titus Pullo hisself.

LGF invited me to sign posters and I excepted that invitation. The impetus for doing that would seem obvious. But if it is unclear I will illuminate.

LGF has always treated me with the upmost respect. I'd do practically anything for Tim Palen and company.

I did a teaser image and they would like me to be on hand to sign it. Done.

On top of that, Ray Stevenson will be there. Mega Bonus.

Being there for the fans. Extra-double bonus.

That is my motivation.

Now Tom Jane . . . I've seen a lot of very passionate upheaval concerning some comments he made.

Let me be as clear as I can, and this is the honest truth.

Tom didn't then, and still has no real idea who Ray is.

The comment about having no idea who he is was an honest statement. I'm almost completely positive it was not an intentional jab at Ray.

To be positive we'd have to ask Tom to be candid and tell us for sure.

But I can tell you this. After Ray was cast, Tom and I were talking on the phone. The subject of "who's this guy that got cast" came up.

I told Tom that Ray Stevenson was cast. He said "Who's that?" I went on to talk at length about Rome, among other of Ray's films.

Tom had no idea who I was talking about because he's never seen Rome, though I've raved about it to him before and since.

For a year I tried to get him to watch it. I wanted him to at least see James Purefoy ;)

So I'm wondering if his comment has been blown out of proportion to a large extent.

Make of that what you will.

By the way, TL will not be body-guarding for me at Comicon ;)

In fact, to my knowledge he won't even be there. He's just being silly.

The only body guard I'll have will be my two and a half year old daughter.

One blood curdling scream and the would-be attackers are incapacitated.

I'll be wearing cotton.

Steve - Love your thoughts. Quite eloquent. I never thought anyone could budge TL on his stance.

You may have made him change his footing a little. I'd pay at least $20.00 to see a picture of you two at the premiere.

xoxo - TB

Okay, but make it $2000.00. Let's get him some more financing for his film, eh???

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright Street, you don't need my protection - no problem.

Dave Johnson offered me some bootleg DVDs and gas money, so I'll be bodyguarding him.

-TL

Hey bro, what about me, I'm afraid Mike V might bring that scary fucking axe in his pic and fuck me up for all the yellow.......lol!!!

Good night all, I got two babies that had me up at 5:00 am and it's now 2:40 am, I'm too old for this shit....

Thanks to you all for allowing me to post here-

sg,asc

Nomad, Street is very supportive of Warzone.

The man has never shown any real problem with it.

I'm sure whatever he cooked up with Stevenson's image for a poster is gonna be fuckin cool and it'll be a treat for everyone at the convention.

I just hope Stevenson and Jane stand toe to toe.

I wanna record that moment in High Definition.

"The Punisher and that guy from King Arthur."

-TL

I'm a techno-git, Sugar. So tell me the sort of video camera I need, and I'll do my best to record the moment. Just for YOU. ;) Well, not just YOU. I have a lot of other fanboys waiting to see the memorialisation on video of various moments at Comic-Con.

Nomad

Alright Street, you don't need my protection - no problem.

Dave Johnson offered me some bootleg DVDs and gas money, so I'll be bodyguarding him.

-TL

Now you gotta play the DAVE JOHNSON card . . .

Driving from Fla to SD?

See you next Sunday sucka!

There is a motel in Alabama with your name on it.

- tb

Nomad, just make sure its something cinematic.

Not a Blair Witch kinda moment.

If only the Dolph vs Van Damme incident at Cannes had been shot right...

-TL

*I wanna see Tim "San Diego Champion" Bradstreet go 15 rounds with Dave Johnson. I would walk from Miami to San Diego just to see that.

Ok not really.

*I wanna see Tim "San Diego Champion" Bradstreet go 15 rounds with Dave Johnson. I would walk from Miami to San Diego just to see that.

Ok not really.

It'd be over in less than 3 rounds.

My strength betrays me when I'm in close proximity to The good Reverend Dave Johnson.

Did you know that I inked Dave on a cover to his mini series Chain Gang War, back in the day?

It's a scream. Dave's awesome.

- TB

Hmm. Currently, I'm obssessed with Preacher. I know I'm about 10 years behind the times, but Preacher is...fucking PROFOUND, and on MANY levels.

Given my taste for the preverse and the blasphemous, what new I should read?

Nomad

It's #8

chain-gang-war_super.jpg

Jeezus that was a long time ago.

- tb

Were you ever a chef, Tim? Or perhaps a butcher? That fellow with his body parts all segmented and descriptively labeled looks much like my Julia Child description of the parts of a cow. Or is the proper term, "beef?" I'm not really sure! :unsure:

Hmmm. I suppose all creatures are food of one sort or another, neh? Even US? Perhaps ESPECIALLY us? I first realised this when i disected two humans. Oh! Not to worry, Darling! They were already dead! I swear they were! ;)

Nomad

Guest FADoss

Wow...this has all gotten straight crazy.

Hey and not to be a dick, but is anyone 100% positive this is Steve Gainer on here? So far most of what he's posted can be taken straight off the imdb page for him and there ain't much there. His sudden appearance and ability to "quell the arguments" here is amazingly cool, but also alarmingly coincidental.

Really hope it's not a "Hey I know how we can fuck with the RAW folks."

Hopefully I'm wrong and in that case welcome to the fold Steve. I'll be working as an actor on TL's film so anything you could toss our way to help would be amazing.

Fred

Hey and not to be a dick, but is anyone 100% positive this is Steve Gainer on here? So far most of what he's posted can be taken straight off the imdb page for him and there ain't much there. His sudden appearance and ability to "quell the arguments" here is amazingly cool, but also alarmingly coincidental.

Hopefully I'm wrong and in that case welcome to the fold Steve. I'll be working as an actor on TL's film so anything you could toss our way to help would be amazing.

Fred

I'm pretty sure it's Gainer... cause it's Gainer. Why would anyone fake it? And if it weren't Steve, Tim would know, no?

Man, now I wanna go to SDCC. All the cool people are gonna be there, and I'm stuck here.

Damn. It.

Guest AdminGuyX

Uh . . . what the fuck just happened? Man, I missed the party.

A guy goes to sleep and wakes up in a whole different world . . .

Obviouly I'm going to have to quit my job so I can be on the boards all night.

Steve, I'm really happy you decided to post. Hope you stick around and share your new projects with us, and keep us up in the loop. I have no doubt that no matter how we feel about the colors that the film will lead to many great and interesting projects for you.

At least I hope so.

Anybody that can soften TL's outlook on this film is someone we need to have around here.

;)

is anyone 100% positive this is Steve Gainer on here?

I'll vouch for him. It's really him. If it's not I'll eat my shoe.

Nomad, nice to see you here as well, also hope to see you discussing the finer points of all things RAW around the boards.

What he said.

Wow.

PS- I was a HUGE fan of that Chain Gang War comic, and of Dave Johnson. Still am. He never disappoints. I still have all my copies of CGW and re-read them from time to time. Including that one.

Got up this morning and read through all of this. Some interesting stuff. But of everything I read, this is what really bothered me -

When questioned about Ray Stevenson, Thomas Jane slurred something like, “Never heard of him.” Do any of you believe that? You wouldn’t, if any of you actually KNEW any actors, and KNEW how tender are their egos. Because you would KNOW that Thomas Jane knew EVERYTHING THERE WAS TO KNOW about Ray Stevenson by the time he was asked that question.

Apparently, a lot was KNOWN that wasn't really KNOWN. And I think the whole "tender ego" thing is way off base. Everybody has a tender ego to one extent or another, but if an actor has such an incredibly tender ego, then they are in the wrong business. They're basically treated like commodities. I don't see how anyone could be all that delicate of ego and survive long in LA. JMHO

All the posts about color were very interesting to read. That was fun.

k-skye

Fred

Hi Fred, and thanks, I'm glad to be here. I just felt the thing that was pissing everyone off was the lack of accurate information. Whether you love or hate PWZ, mis information is the enemy. I of course have to be extremely careful to not reveal any top secret info, as I'd really like to keep working, and shit like that can ruin a career in a heartbeat.

I'm really amazed how the Punisher character affects people. Ray came to my house for drinks (actually a few too many for me) a couple of weeks ago, and since then, my three year old has been running around the house with a squirt gun yelling "I'm the Punisher!" and then squirting ME

I didn't even know I was corrupt........

As for TL's film, I am always eager to help other film makers with whatever I have to give. You guys should send me a wish list of things (cinematography related) and I'll check my resources to see if I can help.

sg,asc

I'd like to apologize for taking part in the mess that happened earlier. It wasn't my intention to attack anyone. Sure, I'm from the IMDb forums, but you can even read over there how I said I'm coming over here to say "my two cents" not to "troll their forums". There are few of us over at the IMDb forums who stick up for Jane and the '04 Punisher film, and I'm one of the ones who do. But still, I will continue to be optimistic about WarZone until I actually walk into the theater and watch the film.