Tim Bradstreet

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Rafster.

I am a Greek.

-TL

Sad. Terribly, terribly sad. Ouzo is so...NOT my thing.

On the other hand, my greatest internet nemesis is a Greek. And I both adore and loathe him. Ooof!

Nomad

Mike. We have talked for 67 pages about this film. I think we are all talked out because as you know these pages have been repetitive have they not? I hear ya though on trying to stay on topic but Nomad is a fun lady, let's hear what else she has to say ;)

You know even though I read the script I really hope they fixed the dialouge. If anything fuck the chandelier scene or whatever other stupid action scenes (it's better than what was originally scripted) I take decent dialouge. But the dialouge was cheesy and cliched. I mean

"Billy is dead....Call me Jigsaw."

The teaser sucked, so hopefully the trailer will be a bit better.

I can't wait for a full Trailer.

More people will lose faith in the film and Steve Gainer will return to clean up the mess blaming it on the people that put together the Trailer.

-TL

Oh don't be such a prig, Thomas. Does your mother call you Thomas? I shall, regardless. I have it on VERY good authority that an extended trailer will be previewed at Comic-Con. I'm quite sure it shall appear immediately on the internet, as these things always do. So I have no need to try to capture it for you while I'm there. I simply can't be arsed. I want to enjoy myself. Even YOU can understand that, Thomas, can't you?

I see, Thomas, that you have a difficult time appreciating a talented and ethical artist such as Steve Gainer. Be assured, Thomas, that I shall take up the subject of Steve Gainer with Mr Bradstreet, should he make himself open to such conversations.

Because, Thomas, I feel sure that, in spite of Mr Bradstreet's abject apology to Mr Gainer, he (Bradstreet) has STILL not learned his lesson, as some of his later posts indicate.

Why is it, do you suppose, Thomas, that Mr Bradstreet is appearing with Mr Stevenson at the Marvel booth at Comic-Con? Do you suppose that it is in REPENTENCE for his ill-advised comments? Or, do you think it is as Don Vito says, "... not personal. It's BUSINESS?"

I shall look forward to your ever-so-lucid response to this question.

Nomad

Yes Thomas

When all is said and done, when you and I are in Elysium, and the film is on whatever device exists in fifty or so years, no excuses will be necessary, the film will either rule, or suck. I at least am happy to come here and say I believe that we shot a great Punisher film. I admire you for being a seeker of the truth, and I wish you no ill. Please respect the fact that I am here with open arms to dispell any myth that might be published about our fine film. I really think you're gonna like it. I hope Tim and TJ like it.

Sorry to hear about your ex. I understand. I have a few down the road myself. I'm 45, and now have a family I love and cherish. You're younger, so I'm sure in time you'll find someone that's exactly what you want. It took me a long fucking time.

I think it's great you're coming to Comic-Con. I'll be there, and I have some images I'd love to show you.

I have struggled for many years to reach this point of my career, where I'm working on (for me) big budget features. I nearly fucking froze to death in Montreal. I worked straight through 18 hours a day, when everyone else had the flu, or some other disgusting disease, knowing that this film had to kick major ass. Wait until you see Looney Bin Jim, un fucking believable!!!

Anyway, much respect to you, truth seeker, I understand a bit about where you come from, now let me show you a new, brutal, Punisher.

sg,asc

Because, Thomas, I feel sure that, in spite of Mr Bradstreet's abject apology to Mr Gainer, he (Bradstreet) has STILL not learned his lesson, as some of his later posts indicate.

Why is it, do you suppose, Thomas, that Mr Bradstreet is appearing with Mr Stevenson at the Marvel booth at Comic-Con? Do you suppose that it is in REPENTENCE for his ill-advised comments? Or, do you think it is as Don Vito says, "... not personal. It's BUSINESS?"

Nomad

I don't want to speak for Tim because he can do it for himself, and frankly better than I can. He has a right to his opinion, it's not like he has some amazing power to destroy things with his opinion. Also, it cool to see that Steve here trying to explain the reasonings for how the film looks.

And Tim has said many times in this thread he is as fan of Ray and the character, so why wouldn't he be at the Marvel booth.

Steve,

I gotta admit your post is intriguing.

Street holds you in high esteem so I can assume your taste in films is admirable.

I'm gonna be honest with ya.

When Jane left after 2 years of doing nothing by waiting for a good script, I lost ALL faith in the idea of another Punisher film.

When I heard the studio chose to shoot the script Jane said no to, It made me feel angry and betrayed.

But believe it or not - I was scared (as a strong supporter of T "Castle" Jane) of the possibility that Warzone might be good.

After seeing the Trailer and hearing Lexi's comment on REALITY, I felt relieved.

But now, hearing you advocate for this film by standing up to its ultimate enemy (myself) I wonder if it may just be watchable.

You have done well by making me wonder again.

So now I gotta ask you - if in fact you are allowed to answer my question,

Is this film better than Hensleigh's Punisher?

-TL

*Appreciate the thoughts on exes, I was nuts about that last one. She loves film as much as I do and that's a tough find these days.

Yes Thomas

When all is said and done, when you and I are in Elysium, and the film is on whatever device exists in fifty or so years, no excuses will be necessary, the film will either rule, or suck. I at least am happy to come here and say I believe that we shot a great Punisher film. I admire you for being a seeker of the truth, and I wish you no ill. Please respect the fact that I am here with open arms to dispell any myth that might be published about our fine film. I really think you're gonna like it. I hope Tim and TJ like it.

Sorry to hear about your ex. I understand. I have a few dozen down the road. I'm 45, and now have a family I love and cherish. You're younger, so I'm sure in time you'll find someone that's exactly what you want. It took me a long fucking time.

I think it's great you're coming to Comic-Con. I'll be there, and I have some images I'd love to show you.

I have struggled for many years to reach this point of my career, where I'm working on (for me) big budget features. I nearly fucking froze to death in Montreal. I worked straight through 18 hours a day, when everyone else had the flu, or some other disgusting disease, knowing that this film had to kick major ass. Wait until you see Looney Bin Jim, un fucking believable!!!

Anyway, much respect to you, truth seeker, I understand a bit about where you come from, now let me show you a new, brutal, Punisher.

sg,asc

Mr. Gainer! How VERY lovely that you will be at Comic-Con! And how thoughtless of them NOT to publicise that fact! Who, other than YOU and the director, was present for EVERY scene of PWZ?

I shall be there, Sir, admiring your talent from afar. I recently screened your "Mysterious Skin," was WHOLLY impressed with the way in which your work was every bit as importent as any character in that film, and am just about to screen another of yours. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

Nomad

Steve,

I gotta admit your post is intriguing.

Street holds you in high esteem so I can assume your taste in films is admirable.

I'm gonna be honest with ya.

When Jane left after 2 years of doing nothing by waiting for a good script, I lost ALL faith in the idea of another Punisher film.

When I heard the studio chose to shoot the script Jane said no to, It made me feel angry and betrayed.

But believe it or not - I was scared (as a strong supporter of T "Castle" Jane) of the possibility that Warzone might be good.

After seeing the Trailer and hearing Lexi's comment on REALITY, I felt relieved.

But now, hearing you advocate for this film by standing up to its ultimate enemy (myself) I wonder if it may just be watchable.

You have done well by making me wonder again.

So now I gotta ask you - if in fact you are allowed to answer my question,

Is this film better than Hensleigh's Punisher?

-TL

*Appreciate the thoughts on exes, I was nuts about that last one. She loves film as much as I do and that's a tough find these days.

Okay, I don't want to sound cryptic, that's not why I came here. But honestly and with all due respect to all makers of fine cinema, that is a very subjective question.

Hmmm, well, I personally have mad respect for the '04 film. It is essentially where I started. I saw it before I saw the Dolph film. I watched it several times to try and understand where Frank existed on celluloid. I think TJ is a great actor, "The Mist" is fantastic, and while he has made a few derogatory comments about our film, who hasn't in a moment of passion, said things we might not have in a diferent situation??? I know I have.

What I didn't totally get about that film was the daylight. In response to your earlier statement about the diference in budgets, to shoot at night is WAY more expensive than day. I had a fucking Punisher Army crew. Seventy fucking warriors on first unit, and forty on second. They all loved the nightmare. It was brutal! It was fucking fantastic!

One thing I love about all of the Death Wish films is the fact that they are mostly night. The darkness is the veil of evil, and that is where the Punisher fucking thrives. So for our film, we were vampires. Yeah, I used lots of lights, and some colors, that weren't used in the last film, but honestly, without the same actor/director combination, it would be silly to try and re-do the same thing. So we hung our nuts out, (okay, Lexi doesn't have them, but I hung them out for the both of us) and tried to take it somewhere else.

Is it better? I really want you to tell me. You have my personal invitation to come with me to the premiere, as my guest, and if it sucks, you can kill me on the red carpet.

Fair enough?

sg,asc

Nomad, Street is very supportive of Warzone.

The man has never shown any real problem with it.

I'm sure whatever he cooked up with Stevenson's image for a poster is gonna be fuckin cool and it'll be a treat for everyone at the convention.

I just hope Stevenson and Jane stand toe to toe.

I wanna record that moment in High Definition.

"The Punisher and that guy from King Arthur."

-TL

Steve,

I'm actually more stoked about hearing the stuff that went on behind the scenes than what I've seen on-screen so far (Trailer).

Sounds like a very guerilla-ish shoot and sometimes that can be a good thing.

I'm doing a 29 day $12,000 budget action film in Portland this Fall with a crew of 6. Believe or not, except for the lack of grade A cameras, I expect the film to be pretty good.

About that invitation,

Can my buddy Dolph Lundgren come?

-TL

If I may ask Steve, what were some of the other ideas in regards to the lighting before you decided upon going to the route of trying to replicate the color scheme from the comic panels?

Actually, in the beginning, I took frames from the MAX series, (the only one I really had read before getting the film) and digitally put photos I had taken of Ray in them. Lexi came to my studio, and was explaining to me her vision of the film, and my heart started to beat out of my chest. She essentially wanted to see the MAX comic brought to life. I showed her the frames I'd created, and she said "you get it". I almost died right there. Believe me, there were lots of nay sayers that didn't think I could shoot this film. But Lexi believed. Gale believed. The president of Lions Gate believed. I shot the mother fucker. Now many believe. Funny huh?

I think a bit too much has been made of the color, It won't take you out of the film. You will notice, if you watch closely, my nod to Tim in as much as there is plenty of toplight, with dark eye sockets, in shots of Frank. I did study Tim's work, (I'd be a fool not to) but in the end, we chose to go with the interior, rather than the cover look. Frankly, Conrad Hall, Jr. did a great job of covering that look in the '04 film, and like I said to Thomas, there was no reason to duplicate that in our film.

sg,asc

Steve,

I'm actually more stoked about hearing the stuff that went on behind the scenes than what I've seen on-screen so far (Trailer).

Sounds like a very guerilla-ish shoot and sometimes that can be a good thing.

I'm doing a 29 day $12,000 budget action film in Portland this Fall with a crew of 6. Believe or not, except for the lack of grade A cameras, I expect the film to be pretty good.

About that invitation,

Can my buddy Dolph Lundgren come?

-TL

What the fuck, the more the merrier, eh??

sg,asc

BTW: I own several cameras, pm me....

Actually, in the beginning, I took frames from the MAX series,(the only one I really had read before getting the film) and digitally put Ray in them. Lexi came to my studio, and was explaining to me her vision of the film, and my heart started to beat out of my chest. She essentially wanted to see the MAX comic brought to life. I showed her the frames I'd created, and she said "you get it". I almost died right there. Believe me, there were lots of nay sayers that didn't think I could shoot this film. But Lexi believed. Gale believed. The president of Lions Gate believed. I shot the mother fucker. Now many believe. Funny huh?

I think a bit too much has been made of the color, It won't take you out of the film. You will notice, if you watch closely, my nod to Tim in as much as there is plenty of toplight, with dark eye sockets, in shots of Frank. I did study Tim's work, (I'd be a fool not to) but in the end, we chose to go with the interior, rather than the cover look. Frankly, Conrad Hall, Jr. did a great job of covering that look in the '04 film, and like I said to Thomas, there was no reason to duplicate that in our film.

sg,asc

Really it's the sulfur (or is it sodium?) yellow that's been bugging me, for some reason I just don't like it. But I am glad to here that it is not the predominant color in the film.

Well after I went to the gym for 2 fuckin hours I come back and see another 2 pages added to this board and see a new member or two.

Nomad in particular stands out. Quite a character you are darlin. What would you be interested in talking to Bradstreet about at the Comic Con? Or do we have to wait until that conversation with him is over? I was ready to leave a long ass and rather ill tempered message until I just found out myself your a female. Well it wasn't gonna be that ill tempered but I should I say something in opposition to your post. No point though, it's the same shit I been saying.

Tim - My good buddy, I have a feeling that you are gonna be approached a lot by IMDB and RAW people while at the Comic Con.

Is anyone here going to the Comic Con? When the fuck are you guys gonna have one in Detroit that has guys like Bradstreet and Jane instead of the Motor City Comic Con that has D-list characters, aside from Billy Dee Williams cause he's too fuckin "cool"

-Raffi

Oh? You hold back just coz I don't have a cock? I always appreciate men who understand just where the power lies, and most of ALL, men who are strong enough not to be threatened by that fact of life.

I won't approach Tim, unless it seems to happen naturally. Will I identify myself as Nomad? I dunno. If it appears to be in my interests, I may. Or not. My choice, neh?

Nomad

Really it's the sulfur (or is it sodium?) yellow that's been bugging me, for some reason I just don't like it. But I am glad to here that it is not the predominant color in the film.

Yeah, that is just an exaggeration(sp?) of the real color of sodium lighting. Nasty shit. I wish we still had tungsten lighting in our streets. It is however important to be green, so they had to go. I do hope you like green though? Hee hee!!!!

Oh? You hold back just coz I don't have a cock? I always appreciate men who understand just where the power lies, and most of ALL, men who are strong enough not to be threatened by that fact of life.

Nomad

I happen to have respect for females is the bottom line. If I have to hold something back in this case, I will. That's not to say I won't ever argue with a female. It depends on the situation. It's not important enough for me to argue over it. I won't lose sleep over this so I let it be. Whatever opinion anyone has I respect as long as it can appropriately be backed up. Just cause I hold back because you are cockless doesn't determine where exactly the power lies. I was raised to show the highest respect for females and I do. It's a rare thing this day and age.

-Raffi

I see, Thomas, that you have a difficult time appreciating a talented and ethical artist such as Steve Gainer. Be assured, Thomas, that I shall take up the subject of Steve Gainer with Mr Bradstreet, should he make himself open to such conversations.

I shall look forward to your ever-so-lucid response to this question.

Nomad

This is getting fun now.

Nomad, so glad you came over for a visit. After the smoke from the film clears you should stick around.

Love to speak with you at SD. I'll be at the RAW booth all weekend and as available as the next bloke after hours.

Now I'd like to be clear about a couple things. I apologized to Steve Gainer because I neglected to consider that he'd be the one to grade or tweak colors for the film in post. When I made the comment about "calling Geoff Boyle", I was assuming the film was in the studio's hands and that Steve was finished with his part. I in no way intended to suggest Steve wasn't capable or worthy of handling things. I made a mistake, I apologized. Even so I stood by what I stated about the colors, and I've been very clear about that opinion being just that, my opinion. I've also been clear about the fact that hey, this isn't my film, and that Lexi and Steve made a choice. It's their film, it's their choice, that is understood. But I am still entitled to that opinion. I do not consider those comments to be "ill-advised". I have never stood against this production, in fact I have supported it through my relationship with Gale Anne Hurd and Lion's Gate. Gale's the one who got the ball rolling with my involvement. To publicly mention my thoughts on the colors I saw is not a condemnation of the film. In my opinion it would be cool to tone them down in spots. That's it. As alluded to elsewhere in this thread, I do not consider myself to be the Lord Of Good Taste, or the only voice on the subject. I do not consider my opinion as the only one that counts, that's ridiculous. But don't I get to share my thoughts on Warzone without being branded? What lesson is it I need to learn? What makes you the arbiter of judgement?

When I meet Steve face to face it will be with a clear conscience. I look forward to speaking with him and I'm not for a second going to live in fear of being taken to task over my opinion about color where this film is concerned. I look forward to meeting Lexi face to face as well. And we'll laugh and have a good time talking about you voracious lovely lot ;)

As for signing with Ray, I look forward to that with prodigious anticipation as I am a ROME nut! I'm going to be sitting next to fucking Titus Pullo hisself.

LGF invited me to sign posters and I excepted that invitation. The impetus for doing that would seem obvious. But if it is unclear I will illuminate.

LGF has always treated me with the upmost respect. I'd do practically anything for Tim Palen and company.

I did a teaser image and they would like me to be on hand to sign it. Done.

On top of that, Ray Stevenson will be there. Mega Bonus.

Being there for the fans. Extra-double bonus.

That is my motivation.

Now Tom Jane . . . I've seen a lot of very passionate upheaval concerning some comments he made.

Let me be as clear as I can, and this is the honest truth.

Tom didn't then, and still has no real idea who Ray is.

The comment about having no idea who he is was an honest statement. I'm almost completely positive it was not an intentional jab at Ray.

To be positive we'd have to ask Tom to be candid and tell us for sure.

But I can tell you this. After Ray was cast, Tom and I were talking on the phone. The subject of "who's this guy that got cast" came up.

I told Tom that Ray Stevenson was cast. He said "Who's that?" I went on to talk at length about Rome, among other of Ray's films.

Tom had no idea who I was talking about because he's never seen Rome, though I've raved about it to him before and since.

For a year I tried to get him to watch it. I wanted him to at least see James Purefoy ;)

So I'm wondering if his comment has been blown out of proportion to a large extent.

Make of that what you will.

By the way, TL will not be body-guarding for me at Comicon ;)

In fact, to my knowledge he won't even be there. He's just being silly.

The only body guard I'll have will be my two and a half year old daughter.

One blood curdling scream and the would-be attackers are incapacitated.

I'll be wearing cotton.

Steve - Love your thoughts. Quite eloquent. I never thought anyone could budge TL on his stance.

You may have made him change his footing a little. I'd pay at least $20.00 to see a picture of you two at the premiere.

xoxo - TB