The Punisher: WarZone

Tim Bradstreet

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsh its not venom.

I am quoting Steve Gainer and Lexi Alexander.

And as I've said before - you will like this film.

You enjoyed Shoot 'Em Up, you're not the least bit concerned about the colors, you like Stevenson.

It will get a good response from ya.

Thing is, some people want a quality film and a movie that does more than just "Transport us into the pages of any MAX issue."

If I wanted MAX - I can just pull out an issue from my collection.

MAX is successful because it is the most REAL comic Marvel has to offer.

The Warzone crew has this misconception that the film should LOOK and FEEL identical to the comic.

It should be a REAL film like A History Of Violence or Eastern Promises.

Jonathan Hensleigh wanted Death Wish which IS outdated to some, but great to others (Me and Jane).

Take The Dark Knight for instance. The entire film is SOOO REAL, you forget you're watching a Batman movie.

If Warner Bros. could concoct a REAL movie where the protagonists are a murdering clown and a man in a cape, why couldn't LGF make a REAL Punisher film?

-TL

*Heath Ledger's Joker scares me! Watch the film and find out why...

I didn’t come here to start shit. I registered here after a series of intemperate posts by Mr. Bradstreet caught my attention. But I’ve been here as a guest for quite some time, now. No matter. Shit was here long before I logged on.

The thing is, when a person musters up a lot of Keyboard Courage and posts shite, that person has to expect that others are going to hold his feet to the fire.

I do NOT believe that all opinions are of equal worth or value. The opinions of SOME people are worth more than others. That’s why Mr. Bradstreet’s ill-advised comments about Punisher: War Zone were so damaging. I have to hand it to him. He recognized he erred and manned up to it. He publicly apologized to Steve Gainer. Mr. Jane has not demonstrated such maturity for his chemically-induced disrespect of other artists.

When questioned about Ray Stevenson, Thomas Jane slurred something like, “Never heard of him.” Do any of you believe that? You wouldn’t, if any of you actually KNEW any actors, and KNEW how tender are their egos. Because you would KNOW that Thomas Jane knew EVERYTHING THERE WAS TO KNOW about Ray Stevenson by the time he was asked that question. It’s only natural that he would make it his business to know. And even if he had NOT, the PROFESSIONAL thing to say would have been, “I’m sure the new actor will do a fine job and I wish him well.”

In point of fact, that is exactly the sort of thing EVERY person connected with Punisher: War Zone, both in front of and behind the camera, has done. A class act, this group is. The “party line” has been something like this; “We mean no disrespect to the previous two Punisher films. They stand alone on their own merits, as will ours.”

There was a time when these sorts of unprofessional comments were confined to Hollywood gossip among insiders. No longer. Now every word, every tic of every facial muscle, is recorded and instantly disseminated across the internet. There have always been those fans who have garnered their self-esteem by identifying with artists of various kinds. But now you have them actually INTERACTING with those artists, setting up a sort of circuit whereby one fragile ego feeds the other.

This would be fine, were the power of that circuit used for something positive rather than to pre-judge and slander the works of OTHER artists; WORKS THAT HAVE NOT EVEN BEEN SEEN.

And what HAVE you seen, exactly? You have been treated to snippets of 1/120th of a film. And that 1/120th was produced WITHOUT the care and sensitivity of ANY of the artists who actually CREATED that film. You DO know, don’t you, that teasers and trailers are often NOT produced by those artists who really UNDERSTAND what it is they have created?

And from THIS, many of you judge the entire film, the work of ALL the artists who worked on it, to be a piece of shit?

Yes, many of you do just that. I don’t for one minute think any of you stupid. No, I’ve read your posts and see many of you as thinking people. Yet, this film is continually pre-judged with VERY little evidence. No. The only explanation that makes sense to me is that some of you are SOOO enamored with a particular celebrity; reasoned discourse with some of you about this film or its artists is not possible.

So I will continue to read this board and to enjoy the daily pony rides around the track of celebrity adulation and think to myself, “ride him hard, Baby, and put him back WET!” But for every unreasoned post, based on undeserved adulation of a movie actor and unreasoned disrespect of a work YOU HAVE NOT EVEN SEEN, the posts of those of you doing so will be of less and less merit.

Nomad

Well, I read a version of the script and I did not like it. Looking at the teaser it appears that most of that script is pretty intact, there are obvious changes, but for the most part the story and the subplots are the same.

I think the cast for this movie is fine, it's everything else and all the stuff I've read about the production that I don't like.

And you know the teaser was bad, maybe if Lexi had been able to cut one together it would have turned out better. Look at the teaser for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, I know it's a different type movie but still in 1 minute it was able to do more for me then the War Zone teaser.

As for Jane's comment, you think maybe he probably hasn't seen Rome? Plenty of people haven't seen that show, just because he's an actor he should know of it? But hey, Tom lurks on these boards from time to time, why don't you just ask him.

Arsh its not venom.

I am quoting Steve Gainer and Lexi Alexander.

And as I've said before - you will like this film.

You enjoyed Shoot 'Em Up, you're not the least bit concerned about the colors, you like Stevenson.

It will get a good response from ya.

Thing is, some people want a quality film and a movie that does more than just "Transport us into the pages of any MAX issue."

If I wanted MAX - I can just pull out an issue from my collection.

MAX is successful because it is the most REAL comic Marvel has to offer.

The Warzone crew has this misconception that the film should LOOK and FEEL identical to the comic.

It should be a REAL film like A History Of Violence or Eastern Promises.

Jonathan Hensleigh wanted Death Wish which IS outdated to some, but great to others (Me and Jane).

Take The Dark Knight for instance. The entire film is SOOO REAL, you forget you're watching a Batman movie.

If Warner Bros. could concoct a REAL movie where the protagonists are a murdering clown and a man in a cape, why couldn't LGF make a REAL Punisher film?

-TL

*Heath Ledger's Joker scares me! Watch the film and find out why...

Well... it's your interpretation it should be a "real" film. There's nothing wrong with some 'hyper-reality'. Batman 89 or Batman Returns (which you said you really enjoyed) is not exactly a "real" film, but it's just a different interpretation then Batman Begins or The Dark Knight (which ARE "real" films).

If you can enjoy two different interpretations of the same character and mythos, what's to say that the same can't happen for The Punisher?

Nomad - you come to the house of Jane and Bradstreet to insult them.

Something you would never do in person.

You come here to fuck with me.

Something you should never do in person.

I'm gonna recommend you forget this Board exists if all you're gonna do is the above.

Arsh, I see your point but that's something I could only accept if the film was being marketed to a broader audience aka PG-13.

This is supposed to be an adult film. BATMAN and Batman Returns were PG-13.

-TL

Hey MAT, there were plenty of us already on the board who have been arguing with TL for sometime about his "opinions". Not to be exclusive, but we really don't need people from over at IMDB firing from the hip and coming over here to RESCUE us from our ignorance.

I think if you go back and read the WHOLE thread you'll find a lot of positive hope for the film.

And also, as this is a forum for fans of Thomas Jane...in a way, expect to see some bias support toward him here (something the imdb thread seems to NOT realize). I don't think TL has eve bothered to go to the Ray Stevenson forum and call them all losers for being his fans.

So, please stay and look around at some of the other threads here. Lots of cool stuff! But if you came here to HELP in the opposition to TL's dislike of War Zone...we're doing fine without ya. You can always rag on him over at the imdb thread.

Fred

Hey Fred. I definitely am not here to rescue anyone. I did read a good chunk of this thread and saw a lot positive in it. I, also, understand that you all are big fans of Tom Jane...that's cool. I like Tom Jane...I thought he did well in Punisher and a few of his other movies...but I am not I die hard fan. I really do enjoy a good debate and the more I have read here the more I see that is what goes on here. We see much more troll action over on IMDB...ya know "THERE COULD NEVER BE ANOTHER PUNISHER BESIDES TOM JANE...THIS MOVIE WILL SUCK DONKEY BALLS!!!!!!" and they have nothing else to say or anything to back up why they think that. That kinda stuff bugs me. Now, if someone has some reasons and wanna share and debate about it...cool.

I don't think her intent was to insult them so much as to point out the foibles in their behaviour.

The second time I came here that was my intent... and I'd still do it in person! :lol:

I'm gonna recommend you forget this Board exists if all you're gonna do is the above.

Arsh, I see your point but that's something I could only accept if the film was being marketed to a broader audience aka PG-13.

And so is Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. From what I've gathered, that is a dark, dark film. But it's rated PG-13 and is marketed to a very broad audience. And, you even mentioned some lady with kids left during the WSS scene.

Thing is, just because this interpretation of the Punisher has a certain style, does not mean that it cannot be the Punisher. There is still Frank Castle punishing the guilty in very gory fashion. We'll see what happens in December. IT'S NOT OVER YET!

-TL

-TL

Nomad's a girl???

And I thought only us guys were immature.

-TL

*Batman Begins is a Looney Tunes movie compared to The Dark Knight.

No colors. No fancy stunts. No evidence of the movie being a comic book movie except for Batman's outfit.

There's nothing wrong with a film embracing it's comic roots. Just because PWZ will look the way it does, does not mean that it will be a bad film. You can't be prejudiced against something without experiencing it in its entirety yourself.

If in December, the film blows, then it blows. If it rocks, then it fucking rocks. Thing is, we don't know yet.

And immaturity is a equal-opportunity quality.

-TL

Oh you think so? That I haven't the cojones to discuss this topic with Bradstreet? We'll see, next week at Comic-Con, should he make himself available for discussion.

I CERTAINLY don't come here to fuck with you. Why would anyone bother? What? Are you so threatening you would frighten me into submission? Not EVEN! :lol:

I come to this board because I'm a PUNISHER fan, not a Jane fan. Perhaps that's my mistake. :P

Nomad

Oh you think so? That I haven't the cojones to discuss this topic with Bradstreet? We'll see, next week at Comic-Con, should he make himself available for discussion.

I CERTAINLY don't come here to fuck with you. Why would anyone bother? What? Are you so threatening you would frighten me into submission? Not EVEN! :lol:

I come to this board because I'm a PUNISHER fan, not a Jane fan. Perhaps that's my mistake. :P

Nomad

Oh, snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap.

Oh yeah, Nomad's gonna be at Comic-Con. Tim vs. Nomad. Duel to the death.

We need to sell tickets to this shit.

Nomad, I wrote that before learning you were a woman.

See, Thomas Logan is very nice to women, but a mean motherfucker to dicks that cross him.

I'm intrigued by a woman who decides to come to a Board just to pick a fight with people that feel Warzone is crap, or people that in some way suggest it.

I would expect that from guys - after all the internet is their only way of feeling strong when in person they're weak and crushable.

So tell me, why do all this?

Why not just stay at IMDB?

Why sink to the level your moron [guy] friends sink to?

-TL

See, Thomas Logan is very nice to women, but a mean motherfucker to dicks that cross him.

So wait, what do you do to women that cross you??

I'm intrigued by a woman who decides to come to a Board just to pick a fight with people that feel Warzone is crap, or people that in some way suggest it.

I would expect that from guys - after all the internet is their only way of feeling strong when in person they're weak and crushable.

You're a guy. What does that say about you? I pick fights cause I find it innately hilarious, no matter where I am.

-TL

-TL

What can I say, Sugar? Irrationality just gets my dander up. And you are sooo fucking irrational! Needy, even. It almost makes me hot! Also, I may be one of Lexi Alexander's "sick fucks." The sort she counts on being in the theatre on opening day during holiday season, when everybody else is Christmas shopping for mum and granny.

In spite of all your posts, TL, I KNOW you're going to be RIGHT THERE, maybe even next to me, on opening day. ;) That's okay, Baby. I won't tell. Honest! *snigger*

Nomad

Arsh, the last woman that crossed me (my ex) I sent to hell in front of her folks.

She proceeded to act mature by throwing her drink in my face.

Isn't life interesting?

I've noticed most guys that join forums to start shit are the kinda guys that are physically incapable of starting shit in person.

I have the bad habit of hitting assholes at bars. The same bad habit that landed me in 4 detention cells over a course of 2 years and banned from my favorite Pub. I don't drink anymore, so fuck that place. Sober 7 months!!!

If I was 5'2" and 100 lbs I'm sure I'd be a fuckin saint.

Maybe in the next life.

-TL

Arsh, the last woman that crossed me (my ex) I sent to hell in front of her folks.

You... killed her?

She proceeded to act mature by throwing her drink in my face.

Isn't life interesting?

Life is absurd. It's just hilarious.

I've noticed most guys that join forums to start shit are the kinda guys that are physically incapable of starting shit in person.

Oh, I'm physically capable. I just have a bad habit of running my mouth off... a lot. I'm pretty sure it's a serious psychological problem at this point. Unfortunately, that same problem somehow translates online, over the phone, in e-mails... I have no idea how it happens.

I have the bad habit of hitting assholes at bars. The same bad habit that landed me in 4 detention cells over a course of 2 years and banned from my favorite Pub. I don't drink anymore, so fuck that place. Sober 7 months!!!

Congrats on the seven months.

If I was 5'2" and 100 lbs I'm sure I'd be a fuckin saint.

Midget saint, maybe.

Maybe in the next life.

-TL

Well after I went to the gym for 2 fuckin hours I come back and see another 2 pages added to this board and see a new member or two.

Nomad in particular stands out. Quite a character you are darlin. What would you be interested in talking to Bradstreet about at the Comic Con? Or do we have to wait until that conversation with him is over? I was ready to leave a long ass and rather ill tempered message until I just found out myself your a female. Well it wasn't gonna be that ill tempered but I should I say something in opposition to your post. No point though, it's the same shit I been saying.

Tim - My good buddy, I have a feeling that you are gonna be approached a lot by IMDB and RAW people while at the Comic Con.

Is anyone here going to the Comic Con? When the fuck are you guys gonna have one in Detroit that has guys like Bradstreet and Jane instead of the Motor City Comic Con that has D-list characters, aside from Billy Dee Williams cause he's too fuckin "cool"

-Raffi

Arsh, ironically my days of hard liquor (mainly rum) ended when I dumped that same ex.

You'd think it would be the other way around.

-TL

Your problem, Sugar, was in your choice of poison. EVERYbody knows single malt is the wiser choice. Are you not of the faith? By that, I mean of Irish or Scottish descent?

Nomad