The Punisher: WarZone

Tim Bradstreet

-A script which is almost EXACTLY the same as the script that made Thomas Jane walk last May.

Mod edit -

The truth is that, whatever Jane wanted, Lions's Gate DIDN'T LIKE HIM ENOUGH TO KEEP HIM AROUND. So they let him go and REPLACED HIM IN A NEW YORK MINUTE.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The truth is that, whatever Jane wanted, Lions's Gate DIDN'T LIKE HIM ENOUGH TO KEEP HIM AROUND. So they let him go and REPLACED HIM IN A NEW YORK MINUTE.

Yeah, he wanted Walter Hill to write and direct, Lions Gate were retards and said no.

Recently edited. I cooled off, and was a little too offensive. My apologies to anyone offended. Logan, you can be very unreasonable, but you have good taste too. Like Dirty Harry. I love those films.

Mod Hijack - Most appreciated M27!

I don't like a few things in the trailer, like the upside down spinning shit, but from what I read, that will basically be the only really bad scene in the film. I may be wrong, and the movie may suck, but I'm going to see it no matter what, so why don't you disappear, stop wasting your time on these boards. You said what you needed to over and over again. Every one seen that, most people don't care.

"Remember...opinions are like @$$holes...everyone has one; and just because it's not the same as yours does not mean you have to act like one."

This is my first and final warning ---> Don't walk into a Board you've never posted in before and suggest I'm an asshole.

You wanna talk to me, watch what you write.

-TL

Reading that he wasn't calling you an asshole, just settle down a bit.

You've never heard that saying before?

Mod Hijack - Actually Mike, I have to disagree. The very statement itself does infer it. Made even more clear by what was added on - "just because it's not the same as yours does not mean you have to act like one."

Attacked? I didn't attack anyone at all. You attacked me for having an opinion the same way it seems you attack everyone who is anticipating WarZone. I also didn't come here to "start shit".

Where has Kurt Sutter said the script was shit and that's why he removed his name from the credits? Here is what I have read from Kurt, and this is in his own words:

"I took my name off the movie for a few reasons. The obvious reason is because I didn't deserve credit. There was very little of my draft that stayed in the shooting script. The one big one they kept, was the set piece where we see how Russo becomes Jigsaw. It's pretty brutal. Glad they kept that."

"Let me say, also for the record, the Punisher: Warzone script is not a bad script, in fact, I think it's a very tight script."

In that picture you posted Stevenson is very clearly a small and very minuscule man.

Not really, they all pretty much stated that they enjoyed the '04 movie. But once you started attacking them for saying what they thought did it go to shit.

Mike V - Yeah...that pretty much is the case.

Tom Logan, regarding the script...Kurt Sutter himself said it was pretty much a page one re-write from the script that was in place when Tom Jane walked. I didn't hate the '04 film...it was ok. I do believe it can be done much better though.

The photo you keep showing of Ray Stevenson to say "Look how tiny he is" is a poor representation of what the final product probably is; have you seen pics of Tom Jane before the '04 movie? Now he was tiny. Tom Jane did bulk up a decent amount and I'm sure Ray Stevenson did too...for all we know that photo of Ray Stevenson was from the beginning of his training. Not too mention he is not flexing and it is a shot from the very front of his arm.

Oh, by the way. I have just as much right to be here as you. I love Tim Bradstreet's art and not just the Punisher stuff...the stuff he did of Blade was awesome.

Everyone here has a right to speak their opinions.

But please visit our short list of rules.

Specifically rule 2 and rule 3.

If Thomas' opinion doesn't matter then why should anyone be offended by it?

He is entitled to give it, pro or con. He may at times speak shortly with other members but in this case the people involved know each other to a degree and it's simply not the same thing as stepping in out of the blue to launch a personal attack against someone you disagree with.

We welcome you if you keep the conduct wired to the few basic rules. Hell, we ALL disagree on a regular basis, just look elsewhere in the forum ;)

But if you are only here to rip into someone whose opinion or tastes differ from your own then you won't last long.

The RAW forums are like any fucked-up family. We have morons ;) young folks, the older and wiser, we got bullies, softies, fringe-dwellers, and freaks.

We argue, we bitch, we sometimes act like two year olds. But there is also a bond.

And at the end of the day the hope is that even if you cannot agree with someone you can at least respect their right to voice it.

That goes for everyone.

If you sometimes slip and let your passion get the better of you it can be tolerated to a point.

It's human nature. But let us not begin that way.

Any further cranking up of the personal flaming, or continued personal attack will result in you being disowned by the family.

Let's speak our minds, argue until we're blue in the fingertips if need be. Just treat each other with a little respect.

- TB

Oh, by the way. I have just as much right to be here as you. I love Tim Bradstreet's art and not just the Punisher stuff...the stuff he did of Blade was awesome.

I'm a huge fan of Bradstreet, as well. I fell in love with his art from his work on V:TM.

I can't get over how easy it is to communicate with people from the comics industry here on the net. Tim Truman, Steve Niles, and now Tim Bradstreet.

It's crazy.

I also love Tim's work. He was the first reason I started reading the Mk and Max punisher. I even picked up issues off Hellraiser he did, which are also awesome, though I never even got the chance to read them yet. Keep up the good work Tim, you will be missed when you leave The Punisher series.

Tim I'm wondering if you could explain this. The first photo is from Lexi Alexander's blog, and the second one is a scan from the comic. When I saw this comparison I went to check my own issues and there wasn't that yellow tint to it. So what is the deal with the coloring?

punisher2ow3.png

thepunisherv522upisdownqc1.jpg

Appreciate the sentiments folks, truly.

As for the rest, let's keep it from getting too personal as I mention above.

TL is a valued member. He has a mean-on about Warzone but he's got a right to voice his displeasure.

If it drives you nuts, if it makes you so mad you want to spit, just remember that you have the same privilege of voice.

Use that privilege to speak your own opinion. Attacking another board member is just bad form.

And keep this in mind, some of the people on here who have become great friends started out as vehement enemies.

Once you get to know someone a little bit more than from a single thread disagreement it often turns out we have a lot more in common.

Cheers - TB

Guest AdminGuyX

To anyone who is new to the boards, I just want to say welcome, and we hope you enjoy yourselves.

If anybody did sign in just to jump in here and argue, I'd ask you to reconsider that idea and look around the boards first. There is some cool shit going on, and some interesting discussions. Jump on in.

Lots more to offer than a warzone.

har har.

:P

I know, I know . . .

If any newcomers have questions, concerns, issues, needs to vent, or just feels like chatting, don't hesitate to PM the staff.

And by staff I mean me.

;)

MIKE - GOOD EYE. I wondered about that myself.

I've wondered if someone sent her those panels already graded, told her that was how the book looked, and she's never cracked open an actual issue before to see for herself. Or perhaps someone in the production did that to show her how they wanted the film to look, and she just doesn't know any better.