The Punisher: WarZone

Tim Bradstreet

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the soundtrack in WalMart today. I've got to say I'm glad that we are getting a score and not just some Nu-metal soundtrack.

The Sonic Fuel score for the Punisher game is still my favorite for the character, and I'm really digging what I'm hearing from Michael.

Agreed. Sonic Fuel has the best Punisher score. It can only fit the Punisher. Michael has done a great job so far though and just because I don't like his Punisher score the best doesn't mean that his score can't kick ass too!

-Raf

First reviews are in:

Nomad's mini-review on the imdb:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0450314/board/nest/124213822

followed by the first online review so far:

Punisher: War Zone Review

This entry was posted on Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008 at 2:54 am.

Categories: Reviews | By John

So earlier tonight I had just walked out of the screening of Punisher: War Zone and was standing around in the foyer of the theater… and Ray Stevenson (star of Punisher) comes walking up to me and asks me “So what did you think?” I paused for just a second, looked him right in the eyes and said:

“You know something Ray, I’m one of the guys who has been predicting that this movie was going to suck. I’m also one of the guys who has been saying that you were the wrong guy to cast as the Punisher. No offense against you, but I’m a Thomas Jane fan. But now I have to go home tonight and eat my words… caused I really liked it, and dude… you were pretty much perfect as Frank Castle”

And that’s the total truth. Don’t get me wrong, I never gave up ALL hope for this flick… there is always SOME hope, but my hope was SLIM. Very slim. Almost non-existent slim. But despite all of the weaknesses (and trust me, there is a lot wrong with this movie), by the time the credits rolled I had a great experience at the movie theater.

Full review here: http://www.themovieblog.com/2008/12/punisher-war-zone-review

Sounds pretty darn good to me, I'm just pissed I have to wait for months still!

Theres a snippet of a review in from CHUD.COM, its only an update on some guy going under the banner Devin's Advocate about attending the films meet and greet before the preview itself.

I loved it. Finally, someone made a Punisher movie that is fun to sit through. The movie is brutal and silly and strange and funny and packed with action and madness and more than a little bit of that contemptuous Garth Ennis black humor. A parkour guy gets blown up mid-leap by a rocket.

I have no idea who the guy is, but sounds like he likes it for all the reasons I wanted to see it in the first place... Looking good!

Just walked in the door back home from the Warzone premiere.

Sleep beckons. Just wanted to pop in and mention a few people that made the night special -

Gale Anne Hurd - Thanks for the invite. Hope you feel better soon darlin'.

Ray Stevenson - Super Gentleman of the highest degree (Thanks for introducing me to Kevin McKidd!)

Lexi Alexander - My sincere gratitude.

Steve Gainer - Dude, you rock. I cannot thank you enough for thinking of me with that prop you've been carrying around for a YEAR! Gonna drop a scan on here later today ;)

Andrew Neskoromny - Loved your designs, you are a talented fucker, and I appreciate all the good will brother.

Michael Wandmacher - Home run pal. Great to hang with you. Thanks for the score!

Ari Arad - Always a pleasure mon frere.

Doug Hutchinson - Saluté Daddy, can't wait to see you in Give E'm Hell Malone. Bless you for remembering the times on Green Mile.

Keram Malicki-Sánchez - Yoo crazy, yer a Prince, so glad to meetcha.

TJ Storm - Photo Shoot forthcoming Mijo ;)

Nomad - Hope you had a ball. Nice hanging out with you.

Punisher '04 - You have to post that Nomad marquis pic you shot, and post the other shots you took as well! Good to meet ya.

Oh, and Kevin McKidd! Whotta great guy. Thanks for the face time and thanks for the straight dope on Journeyman and Thor. Incredibly cool.

EDIT - Shit, I forgot Jeff Wolfe! Ray's stunt double. Mucho respect compadre.

Also thanks to Brian McQuery who came with me, and Tom and John Jane for dropping me off in style in that magnificent Maserati Quattroporte.

Bizarre - Tom and I went comics hunting at Golden Apple today only to find out Ray had been there not a half hour earlier doing a big signing.

It was like Punisher day at the Apple. All we needed was Dolph Lundgren.

By the way, I'm lobbying for that 3-way Punisher con appearance, hopefully in Dallas next year ;)

Sleep tight!

- TB

Punisher three-way? WHOA!

If it's in Dallas I am SO IN!!!

The 3rd act alone is reason enough to see the movie. It's a body count Rambo would be proud of. And the fight scene between Jigsaw and Punisher? Let's just say even the the toughest good guy would try and show some form of mercy. This Punisher isn't that guy.

These reviews are getting me all hot and bothered

even the one on movie blog that has some negative aspects makes sure to let you know that this movie gets in your face, then blows your face off, then rebuilds you face, then lights it on fire and throws it off a cliff while shooting a thermonuclear bomb at it. Or something like that

i so excited!!!!

TIM WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS! PLEASE!

The 3rd act alone is reason enough to see the movie. It's a body count Rambo would be proud of. And the fight scene between Jigsaw and Punisher? Let's just say even the the toughest good guy would try and show some form of mercy. This Punisher isn't that guy.

Where's that review from??

Guest AdminGuyX

Sure seems if you're just in this for the body count you'll be happy.

But, to be fair, the review doesn't say this is a good movie. In fact, it says it isn't.

OVERALL

There is a lot wrong with Punisher: War Zone. Bad dialog, some terrible performances and some disjointed and poorly composed scenes. But at the same time it’s a film that knows what its audience was looking for, and delivered loads of it. High intensity action, brutal violence and some world class machismo served by a dark and complicated character like Frank Castle. This is not a “good” movie per se… but it is entertaining and I had a good time. Over all I give Punisher: War Zone a 7 out of 10.

Just the fact that the reviewer used the word "machismo" makes me cringe.

Looking forward to friday though so I can finally decide for myself.

But, to be fair, the review doesn't say this is a good movie. In fact, it says it isn't.

im not in it for body count alone, though I truly enjoy a GREAT gorefest I want ray to be good, I want originality, and I want it to stand on its own visually

wanting everything to be perfect is simply unrealistic

plus thats a different review than the one I quoted from

other review

im not in it for body count alone, though I truly enjoy a GREAT gorefest I want ray to be good, I want originality, and I want it to stand on its own visually

wanting everything to be perfect is simply unrealistic

Reviewed by: George 'El Guapo' Roush - 12.01.08

Holy *beep* He just shot that dude in the face!!!

****DISCLAIMER**** This review is for entertainment purposes only. As long as I'm being punished in a good way, then you can continue. If not, then please untie me, because these ropes hurt.

I'm not sure why The Punisher has been such a hard character for studios to bring to life. While I've already admitted to having a soft spot for the Dolph version of the character, it's still a pretty weak movie. The Thomas Jane Punisher, though not his fault at all, was just a bad script and really not what The Punisher is supposed to be. It looks like the third time is finally the charm with Ray Stevenson taking on the role of the vigilante to end all vigilantes.

Straying from the clichéd formula of making audiences suffer through 30 minutes of origin *beep* War Zone starts with The Punisher character already established as a New York crime family killer the cops have been trying to catch for years. Frank is now after another crime family led by Billy Russoti, who later becomes Jigsaw. But how? It's actually a scene reminiscent of Jack Nicolson's transformation into The Joker. During a one man raid in a warehouse, (really, where else would a bunch of bad guys be?) Frank shoves Billy inside of giant bottle breaking machine that looks like an enormous meat grinder. Instead of just shooting him like he did everyone else, he turns the machine on with Billy inside of it screaming in pain. The machine leaves Billy close to death and transforms him from a clean cut gangster into the psychopath known as Jigsaw. Frank now has to deal with Jigsaw and his crazy brother Looney Bin Jim (Doug Hutchinson). He also must deal with is own guilt, when he realizes he shot and killed an undercover agent during the raid.

What this Punisher movie does right that the others did wrong is this is a brutal Punisher. This is not a nice person and not someone who bargains with criminals or makes deals with them to further his agenda. If they're in his way, he will kill them. That's it. This Punisher is so hardcore, that I lost count of the people he killed by the third act. Heads getting blown off, bodies exploding, (one scene with a bad guy jumping from a roof and meeting an unexpected demise is awesome) and faces getting punched in so hard they explode, this is the most grotesque Punisher I have ever seen. And you know what? It's about *beep* time. If you have doubts, there is one scene where Frank and two police officers rush into the house of the now widowed (Frank's accidental shooting of her husband) Angela Donatelli (Julie Benz) and her daughter. Jigsaw and his men went there to kill her, but Frank and the others managed to stop them. One of Jigsaw's main guys is handcuffed to a chair in the kitchen when one of the cops tells him he's under arrest. I guess Frank wasn't waiting around for the courts, because he delivers his own brand of justice while holding the daughter in his arms. It's one of the best scenes I think I've ever seen in superhero cinema.

I know there have been a lot of rumors swirling around the net about director Lexi Alexander's supposed firing from the project, (something she herself has denied over and over again.) but I think this has more to do with Lexi wanting to preserve her violent cut of the film. If this movie had been toned down at all, it wouldn't have worked. This is an extremely violent movie. So much so, that I can see why a studio would get a bit scared. But it's this level of violence that works in the movie's favor. You end up wondering just how far this guy will go to punish the corrupt, and he doesn't disappoint. The 3rd act alone is reason enough to see the movie. It's a body count Rambo would be proud of. And the fight scene between Jigsaw and Punisher? Let's just say even the the toughest good guy would try and show some form of mercy. This Punisher isn't that guy.

Another thing that stood out was the lighting. Each scene seemed to have its own color scheme to it, and it kept the movie from having a dull look. I don't mind when a director does something different and since this is based off of a comic book, I actually enjoyed that she took a different approach in regards to the movie's overall appearance. She's also not a stranger to directing action, having done the fantastic Green Street Hooligans. The fight scenes were well put together and easy to follow. Shootouts were fast paced but I could see the action. Something today's film school graduate virgin action directors fail to do. And you know what else I liked? When his guns were empty, he kept them instead of throwing them away. Finally, a guy who uses guns and realizes he may need them again in the future.

There are some things I had problems with. I didn't like the relationship Frank had with the cops. I thought most of the police stuff should have been cut out. I didn't want a side story about the cops wanting to take him in, only to realize they actually need someone like him to get the job done. For me, it wasn't necessary. I also thought the relationship between Frank and the widow and her daughter could have been fleshed out a bit more. I also didn't like some of Jigsaw's scenes that came across as too campy, especially when he's giving a recruiting speech for more soldiers in front of the American flag. Stuff like that takes away from the serious tone of the movie, and I need my villain to be as hardcore and as tough as my protagonist. This isn't to say Jigsaw was done wrong. He wasn't. He's actually a pretty violent guy who also kills in the blink of an eye. I just wanted to see a more serious tone between him and his maniacal brother in most of their scenes together. We also see more Italians portrayed as poor man Soprano knockoffs, but Hollywood hasn't been able to portray us *beep* right anyway, so who cares. We're all a bunch of pasta eatin' goofy asses to begin with, so why not make us look like goofy asses on screen? Doesn't bother me.

Look, this isn't the best movie ever made, but it is the best Punisher movie ever made. And that's what's important here. The violence may turn off some people, but they shouldn't be seeing this if they're afraid of a little blood and guts. Comic book fans worried about another Punisher fiasco can rest easy. This Punisher does what he should be doing. And that's shooting first and asking questions later. Much, much later.

It sounds like War Zone will be what I thought it would be. A vengeance film that realizes its based in a comic. It doesn't take itself too seriously and is a very popcorn fun flick. No oscars for best actor...nor best picture...but the kind of flick you put in when you just want to see shit torn up. Which is EXACTLY what the Punisher should be and pretty much HAS been forever.

So I was lucky enough to be Tim Bradstreet’s guest at the PUNISHER WAR ZONE premiere. Let me tell you, short of having made the movie that’s premiering, there’s no better way to attend your first Hollywood premiere.

I was lucky enough to go with Tim to my first real San Diego Comic-Con back in 1996. I had been to the Expo the previous year as a vendor and stuck around for one day of the show, but I didn’t really experience the show until the next year when I roomed with Tim and colorist extraordinare Grant Goleash. Experiencing the show from that perspective, as the friend of such a talented artist, was unforgettable.

Tim and I arrived pretty early at the theater last night and it was dead. Little did we know that it was only the calm before the storm. Gale Anne Hurd was the first one to run into us. This is the second time I’ve met Gale through Tim and while most people wouldn’t know who she is on sight, I’ve been starstruck both times, immediately thinking back to the work that she did with James Cameron. She seems really sweet and doesn't carry herself with a big ego, considering that she is one of the most successful producers in Hollywood. Unfortunately, she wasn’t feeling well last night and didn’t stick around long.

Things really started to heat up after that as cast members started to show up and the pseudo red carpet got busy. (It wasn’t actually red.) Tim got to chat it up with the film’s composer, Michael Wandmacher. Then he and I were people watching and spotted Ray Stevenson. He was of course swarmed by many people. Then Ray saw Tim, stopped what he was doing, and walked right over to Tim to say hi. Pretty freakin’ cool! He was pulled back by his people and put to work, but he made sure that he would see Tim at the after party first. I joked with Tim about whether or not Vorenus would be there. ROME fans know I’m talking about Kevin McKidd. We were both excited about the prospect, but didn’t think it would happen.

Gale pulled Tim into his own red carpet duties and after being photographed and interviewed, he got to chat it up with some of the cast. I headed to our seats and when Tim joined me, I pointed out Vorenus himself, Kevin McKidd, sitting with Ray’s party. We got pretty excited. I also spotted director Louis Leterrier, but we didn’t get a chance to speak with him.

At the after party, we were surprised to see a neon sign from the “Brad Street Hotel”. But through my best efforts, I was unable to sneak it out the back door for Tim. I even asked Ray to create a diversion and he was down for it, but I never came up with a suitable plan. In other words, I blew it.

The reverence for Tim continued. While he chatted it up with Ray at the bar, I met DP Steve Gainer and Production Designer Andrew Neskoromny, both of whom were looking for Tim. Steve joined Tim and Ray at the bar and Andrew asked me to point out Tim. Andrew told me how much he was inspired by Tim’s work and how he was really looking forward to meeting him. I tried to get the neon sign from Andrew, but apparently it wasn’t an actual prop, so he couldn’t help me. Andrew and I went to the bar and he met Tim and I met Ray.

Then Tim tells Ray he wants to meet Kevin McKidd. Ray looks around, but doesn’t see him. So Ray says, “I’ll go find him and bring him here. It’ll be easier that way.” Off Ray went. Then I cracked, “Tim, is there anyone else you want Ray to bring over here?” For those of you who don’t know Tim, the man is not about ego. He is a very talented, but humble man. Which makes it even cooler to see how much the filmmakers of PUNISHER WAR ZONE respect and admire him.

Ray delivered and Tim and I got to meet Kevin McKidd. What a great guy! I have some friends who PA’d on JOURNEYMAN and they said the same thing about him. We got to talk about ROME and DOG SOLDIERS and THOR. So cool.

We got to chat with some other cast members, Keram Malicki-Sanchez, T.J. Storm, and the amazing Doug Hutchison. Doug and Tim met way back on THE GREEN MILE. Very cool guy. Unfortunately, we got chased out of the party at that point as it was midnight. But we got to spend a few minutes with Doug. I love his work in THE GREEN MILE and the little seen and short lived TV series, KIDNAPPED.

Tim and I went to grab a bite and decompress at Mel’s Diner afterwards. It was a great night! Thank you, Tim. Much appreciated.

This is so cool. Thanks for making us feel like we were right there Brian. Much appreciated!

http://chud.com/articles/articles/17245/1/...ZONE/Page1.html

It's not often that I get to trot out this little critical bon mot, but here goes: Punisher: War Zone kicks ass. A lean, mean mayhem machine, this movie gives you almost everything you could want in a movie that is essentially Death Wish on steroids. It took three tries, but they finally got The Punisher right.

Director Lexi Alexander leans heavily on Garth Ennis' Max run on The Punisher. She just about nails that tone perfectly - a black humor based on carnage that edges on cartoonish and simpering, idiotic mawkishness masquerading as character development. I could never tell if Ennis was serious about 'serious' bits in his Punisher run or if that was all part of his tongue in cheek contempt for pretty much everything, and I felt the same way here. Is The Punisher waving at a little girl supposed to be funny or touching? Hard to say. But I do know how I feel about The Punisher holding a little girl in his arms while he shoots a handcuffed guy in the face with a shotgun at close range. I feel good about that.

Alexander's film is drenched in neons and pastels (and blood). While other comic book movies race for realism or gritty noir posturing, Punisher: War Zone takes its own route. Surprisingly the film is often lovely to look at; Frank Castle sits in a neon church, hashing out his moral issues with a priest while in the background multi-colored candles flicker just out of focus. And then, in case this scene was getting too introspective or looking too arty, Castle says 'Sometimes I'd like to get my hands on God...' and everybody laughs. Mazel Tov!

The look of the film actually makes it stand out in that it looks like a comic book. In fact, walking out of the theater the best comparison I could draw was if Lorenzo Semple Jr created the 60s Batman TV show today while binging on some really aggressive meth. Lexi Alexander said that Lionsgate was worried that the film would look like Dick Tracy, and it sort of does, but that's in no way a bad thing. This Punisher lives in a heightened reality where a guy comes at you with a chair and you put one of its legs through his eye. This is - thank the lord - not realism, but something much, much more fun. And wetter.

Ray Stevenson's Punisher is certainly closest to what I would like a big screen version of that character to be. His look doesn't quite work for me - he just looks like a grown up soccer hooligan - but everything else is perfect. Stevenson plays Frank Castle as a shark, a guy who just keeps going. He's invulnerable in the best, most fun way. You're not watching a Punisher movie to see The Punisher struggling with bad guys, you're watching it to see him annihilate them with ridiculous ease, and in inventive ways. Stevenson gets a couple of actorly moments - pain about Frank Castle's slain family, self-doubt when he kills an undercover Fed - but he's mostly business here, and his business is blowing motherfuckers away. What's especially nice is that The Punisher doesn't get a lot of catchphrases or cute lines, so Stevenson just plays the ironic little moments silently. It works amazingly well.

The key performance in Punisher: War Zone, though, is Dominic West as Jigsaw. This performance is the one that will either key you in to what kind of movie you're watching or will completely alienate you. West is a great actor, and his accent work is amazing - check out The Wire and you'll see why I didn't guess he was British until I saw him in 300. Armed with that knowledge, his work as Jigsaw is all the more delightful. His accent is so over the top as to be in the stratosphere. You can see him savoring each distended, overblown vowel as it comes out of his mouth. The level of his performance is legendary - bigger than life doesn't even begin to cover it. Ham is just not enough. Throw in every other pork product and you'll maybe begin to grasp it. And it's wonderful. West is playing in the same sandbox as Cesar Romero and Frank Gorshin and he's making them proud. It's a fun performance, filled with maniacal life and glee. I loved every second of it.

All of this is not to say that Punisher: War Zone is a perfect film. There's a perfunctory second act where the gunfire dies down some, and much of that is dull. To her credit, Lexi Alexander seems to understand that characterization and dialogue are for chumps, and she keeps things steaming ahead at full speed for most of the film's 80 minute runtime. For those fretting about Frank's relationship with a widow and her young daughter, don't worry too much - they exist mainly as bait for the final, epic shoot out. There's too much stuff with cops in the film, but again Lexi doesn't let the movie get too bogged down. These scenes feel more like breathcatchers than filler.

Lionsgate has bookended 2008 with two amazing films, both surprising in their quality and shocking in their violence and both starring Julie Benz. Rambo is a much more serious film than Punisher: War Zone, and probably 'better' on some subjective scale of movie quality, but I had a lot more fun with Punisher. It's possible that Rambo is even more violent, but Punisher: War Zone spreads its violence out like jam on an English muffin, hitting almost every nook and cranny with bloodshed and pain. I leave it to a more ambitious person to catalogue every bit of brutality visited upon the human form in this film, but if you're the person who laughs and applauds at the sight of an old lady's head being turned into a smoking, meaty crater, you're going to fucking love Punisher: War Zone.

8.5 out of 10

Nomad

El Guapo at Latino Review weighs in:

Reviewed by: George 'El Guapo' Roush - 12.01.08

Holy shit. He just shot that dude in the face!!!

****DISCLAIMER**** This review is for entertainment purposes only. As long as I'm being punished in a good way, then you can continue. If not, then please untie me, because these ropes hurt.

I'm not sure why The Punisher has been such a hard character for studios to bring to life. While I've already admitted to having a soft spot for the Dolph version of the character, it's still a pretty weak movie. The Thomas Jane Punisher, though not his fault at all, was just a bad script and really not what The Punisher is supposed to be. It looks like the third time is finally the charm with Ray Stevenson taking on the role of the vigilante to end all vigilantes.

Straying from the clichéd formula of making audiences suffer through 30 minutes of origin bullshit, War Zone starts with The Punisher character already established as a New York crime family killer the cops have been trying to catch for years. Frank is now after another crime family led by Billy Russoti, who later becomes Jigsaw. But how? It's actually a scene reminiscent of Jack Nicolson's transformation into The Joker. During a one man raid in a warehouse, (really, where else would a bunch of bad guys be?) Frank shoves Billy inside of giant bottle breaking machine that looks like an enormous meat grinder. Instead of just shooting him like he did everyone else, he turns the machine on with Billy inside of it screaming in pain. The machine leaves Billy close to death and transforms him from a clean cut gangster into the psychopath known as Jigsaw. Frank now has to deal with Jigsaw and his crazy brother Looney Bin Jim (Doug Hutchinson). He also must deal with is own guilt, when he realizes he shot and killed an undercover agent during the raid.

What this Punisher movie does right that the others did wrong is this is a brutal Punisher. This is not a nice person and not someone who bargains with criminals or makes deals with them to further his agenda. If they're in his way, he will kill them. That's it. This Punisher is so hardcore, that I lost count of the people he killed by the third act. Heads getting blown off, bodies exploding, (one scene with a bad guy jumping from a roof and meeting an unexpected demise is awesome) and faces getting punched in so hard they explode, this is the most grotesque Punisher I have ever seen. And you know what? It's about fucking time. If you have doubts, there is one scene where Frank and two police officers rush into the house of the now widowed (Frank's accidental shooting of her husband) Angela Donatelli (Julie Benz) and her daughter. Jigsaw and his men went there to kill her, but Frank and the others managed to stop them. One of Jigsaw's main guys is handcuffed to a chair in the kitchen when one of the cops tells him he's under arrest. I guess Frank wasn't waiting around for the courts, because he delivers his own brand of justice while holding the daughter in his arms. It's one of the best scenes I think I've ever seen in superhero cinema.

I know there have been a lot of rumors swirling around the net about director Lexi Alexander's supposed firing from the project, (something she herself has denied over and over again.) but I think this has more to do with Lexi wanting to preserve her violent cut of the film. If this movie had been toned down at all, it wouldn't have worked. This is an extremely violent movie. So much so, that I can see why a studio would get a bit scared. But it's this level of violence that works in the movie's favor. You end up wondering just how far this guy will go to punish the corrupt, and he doesn't disappoint. The 3rd act alone is reason enough to see the movie. It's a body count Rambo would be proud of. And the fight scene between Jigsaw and Punisher? Let's just say even the the toughest good guy would try and show some form of mercy. This Punisher isn't that guy.

Another thing that stood out was the lighting. Each scene seemed to have its own color scheme to it, and it kept the movie from having a dull look. I don't mind when a director does something different and since this is based off of a comic book, I actually enjoyed that she took a different approach in regards to the movie's overall appearance. She's also not a stranger to directing action, having done the fantastic Green Street Hooligans. The fight scenes were well put together and easy to follow. Shootouts were fast paced but I could see the action. Something today's film school graduate virgin action directors fail to do. And you know what else I liked? When his guns were empty, he kept them instead of throwing them away. Finally, a guy who uses guns and realizes he may need them again in the future.

There are some things I had problems with. I didn't like the relationship Frank had with the cops. I thought most of the police stuff should have been cut out. I didn't want a side story about the cops wanting to take him in, only to realize they actually need someone like him to get the job done. For me, it wasn't necessary. I also thought the relationship between Frank and the widow and her daughter could have been fleshed out a bit more. I also didn't like some of Jigsaw's scenes that came across as too campy, especially when he's giving a recruiting speech for more soldiers in front of the American flag. Stuff like that takes away from the serious tone of the movie, and I need my villain to be as hardcore and as tough as my protagonist. This isn't to say Jigsaw was done wrong. He wasn't. He's actually a pretty violent guy who also kills in the blink of an eye. I just wanted to see a more serious tone between him and his maniacal brother in most of their scenes together. We also see more Italians portrayed as poor man Soprano knockoffs, but Hollywood hasn't been able to portray us dago's right anyway, so who cares. We're all a bunch of pasta eatin' goofy asses to begin with, so why not make us look like goofy asses on screen? Doesn't bother me.

Look, this isn't the best movie ever made, but it is the best Punisher movie ever made. And that's what's important here. The violence may turn off some people, but they shouldn't be seeing this if they're afraid of a little blood and guts. Comic book fans worried about another Punisher fiasco can rest easy. This Punisher does what he should be doing. And that's shooting first and asking questions later. Much, much later.

Make sure there's a bullet in the chamber when you e-mail: george@latinoreview.com or punish yourself when you follow his updates at Twitter.

Nomad