The Punisher: WarZone

Tim Bradstreet

This is Stevenson without the armor...

raystevenson9ze0.jpg

The stuntguy is twice his size.

How unimpressive.

-TL

Ray looks fine...

a massive build and armor would not work. too bulky, limited movement etc. remember Schwarzenegger as mr. freeze?...crapolla!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to agree that Henry Rollins would make a great Frank Castle. He is the most intense person I've ever seen. But, I have to say that Henry Rollins' sense of humor is my favorite thing about him. He never takes himself TOO seriously, as is evident in some really funny parts he's played like the life coach in Feast, or the prison guard in Lost Highway. Even if you hate his music- the Rollins incarnation of Black Flag (as many Black Flag fans do) or Rollins Band- his many other endeavors are absolutely worth checking out.

As far as i'm concerned, there is no Black Flag without Henry--just like there is no Black Sabbath without Ozzy.

All of Henry's work is great--some very intense, some just a lot of fun. My wife and i saw him live several times, both with the Band and his Spoken Word, got to meet him, and he is just as fucking cool offstage as on.

Oh, and the Henry Rollins Show on IFC--brilliant.

Guest AdminGuyX

Also a fan. I even dig the Rollins Band, but Black Flag was something special from my youth. It just fit for me at a time when shit didn't make any sense, I was pissed off, and all I wanted to do was hurt people.

I've seen his spoken word live, even chatted with him on the phone about 12 years ago about comic books. He was considering getting into comic book publishing.

And yeah, he was the guy in Heat. He was also in The Chase (and was funny as hell) Bad Boys 2, and hell, probably lots of other flicks.

I have some problems picturing him as Frank Castle, honestly. For one reason. He's HENRY ROLLINS. Even when I see him in other flicks, he's always just Henry Rollins. :)

Ya know? That make sense?

Yeah, that makes sense. That's kinda why it was so tough watching him get beat down by Pacino in Heat--i mean, i dig Pacino and everything, but this is HENRY ROLLINS!

But the pink sweats in Feast were fuckin hilarious.

I forgot he was in FEAST. That was a fun little flick.

I still think Chris Meloni (the lead guy on Law & Order:SVU) would make a pretty damn good Frank Castle too.

I have to agree with you on that. He can be one intense mother fucker, and he's got a damn good resume.

Rollins Band - End Of Silence - Near Perfection.

Rollins.jpg

There is no artist I hold in higher esteem.

- TB

Yes sir--that is the greatest album by one of the most powerful, underrated bands of all time. That one is on repeat every day when i work out. Nothing better.

Did they do that Ghost Rider song that's on the crow soundtrack? I should check out some of their cd's. That was a good song, too bad it has no movie to go along with ;).

Anyway, does anyone think Rollins looks like Sam witwer? I think they do, at least in some pics. Tom worked with him on the mist.

No, its not ALL that matters - but it definitely makes a difference.

As far as I'm concerned, Rollins' acting is better than Stevenson's.

Outpost was crap and ROME isn't AMAZING.

Rollins has a larger track record with smaller roles in REAL films.

Plus Jane recommended him, so he must be good.

-TL

I'm not denying Rollins isn't good, it's the fact that you would embrace him without really seeing anything of his work and shit on Stevenson because he isn't well known.

As far as i'm concerned, there is no Black Flag without Henry--just like there is no Black Sabbath without Ozzy.

All of Henry's work is great--some very intense, some just a lot of fun. My wife and i saw him live several times, both with the Band and his Spoken Word, got to meet him, and he is just as fucking cool offstage as on.

Oh, and the Henry Rollins Show on IFC--brilliant.

Saw Sabbath with Gilliam on the Born Again tour. You might want to rethink the Sabbath statement. The fluffy clown shit that Ozzy does wasn't there, and I could finally take them seriously. They also played for close to 3 hours.

Joe

P.S. Ozzy was only good live with Jake E. Lee on guitar anyway. I don't know how Zakk Wylde stands it.

Saw Sabbath with Gilliam on the Born Again tour. You might want to rethink the Sabbath statement. The fluffy clown shit that Ozzy does wasn't there, and I could finally take them seriously. They also played for close to 3 hours.

Joe

P.S. Ozzy was only good live with Jake E. Lee on guitar anyway. I don't know how Zakk Wylde stands it.

While i do realize that Ozzy isn't to everyone's taste, and i haven't listened to everything they've done without him, the stuff i have heard just didn't get it done for me. Ozzy is in no way the only member of the band, but there is something powerful about the four of them together, something that can never be matched.

Archived