The Punisher: WarZone

Tim Bradstreet

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nomad

Just curious.

Is your purpose here as a member of the Raw forums only to act as a mole for the things Thomas says? I was just alerted to a post you made on imdb's message boards.

It appears to me your actions would be just as reprehensible as what you presume of Thomas'. We're not blind here, and I'm no fan of a wolf in sheep's clothing.

That's fine, take everything Thomas says personally. Fashion your own spin. Enjoy swimming in the drama you perpetuate.

To put on a face here and then report back on safe ground to the "real fans" of this movie is kinda low darlin. And a little needy.

I do have to give you credit for not sharing those feelings with us directly. But maybe that would have been a better idea.

Trudell

Naw. I tried discussing that here and was told I shouldn't. I swear to you, though, I really would MUCH rather respect the man, admire him. I try, I really do! Then he makes that "no comment" comment about Lexi Alexander. That's just low, and unprofessional. But hey, he can say whatever he wants, neh? As can I.

Nomad

My cat just deleted my post, Argh!

Here it is again.

Nomad

Just curious.

Is your purpose here as a member of the Raw forums only to act as a mole for the things Thomas says? I was just alerted to a post you made on imdb's message boards.

It appears to me your actions would be just as reprehensible as what you presume of Thomas'. We're not blind here, and I'm no fan of a wolf in sheep's clothing.

That's fine, take everything Thomas says personally. Fashion your own spin. Enjoy swimming in the drama you perpetuate.

To put on a face here and then report back on safe ground to the "real fans" of this movie is kinda low darlin. And a little needy.

I do have to give you credit for not sharing those feelings with us directly. But maybe that would have been a better idea.

Trudell

Naw. I tried discussing that here and was told I shouldn't. I swear to you, though, I really would MUCH rather respect the man, admire him. I try, I really do! Then he makes that "no comment" comment about Lexi Alexander. That's just low, and unprofessional. But hey, he can say whatever he wants, neh? As can I.

Nomad

Well you did voice your dissatisfaction with Thomas earlier in this thread.

You were bothered by something he said and you voiced your opinion. That worked out pretty well.

When I read your words I felt more than a little bit betrayed that you went there to discuss it.

It has the appearance of creating a mob mentality against someone I care about.

Trudell

I think I'll expand on this just a bit. This post won't last here too long but maybe long enough for you to see it (sorry, forgot your name already).

In the beginning, my outrage was personal. Being a huge fan of Ray Stevenson's, I was VERY unhappy to see what could be his breakthrough film dissed...and by a fellow ACTOR, no less! Reprehensible, that was. But as time went on and Jane's comments finally had less and less effect on PWZ, the thing I became fascinated with was watching a person repeatedly shoot themselves in the foot and FOR NO APPARENT ADVANTAGE other than to vent. Very curious!

Hollywood is one of those places where personal relationships really count. So it's very unusual to see something like what Jane keeps doing, at least it's unusual to see it happening publicly. I have to tell you I'm utterly fascinated by it!

Here's a relatively talented guy (not Lord Oliver, Sean Penn or even Tom Hanks, but a relatively talented guy) with a future, supposedly, in Hollywood yet whenever he can, he snipes at other PROFESSIONALS who really had nothing to do with whatever his issue was in the first place. And I'm not saying he had no issue coz he certainly DID have one. But he's aiming his arrows at the wrong targets, damaging himself for the most part. Other than to the half a dozen guys on this board who really give a shit, a lot of the reaction "out there" is that Jane is a whiner. Does he want that? Does he even realise that? I don't think so, in either case. So consider I'm doing him a favor by bringing it to his attention.

Anyhow, right now, I'm here for the human drama of it. But if you can tell where another actor is continually self-destructing his own reputation, and in public, I'll be happy to go there and watch THAT guy. I don't think you can think of one though, can you?

Edited to say: After just reading your post above, Trudell, I think you can understand my initial issue. Jane was hurting somebody *I* cared about, which is what brought Jane to my attention in the first place. That doesn't really matter much, just thought it interesting.

Nomad

I think I'll expand on this just a bit. This post won't last here too long but maybe long enough for you to see it (sorry, forgot your name already).

In the beginning, my outrage was personal. Being a huge fan of Ray Stevenson's, I was VERY unhappy to see what could be his breakthrough film dissed...and by a fellow ACTOR, no less! Reprehensible, that was. But as time went on and Jane's comments finally had less and less effect on PWZ, the thing I became fascinated with was watching a person repeatedly shoot themselves in the foot and FOR NO APPARENT ADVANTAGE other than to vent. Very curious!

Hollywood is one of those places where personal relationships really count. So it's very unusual to see something like what Jane keeps doing, at least it's unusual to see it happening publicly. I have to tell you I'm utterly fascinated by it!

Here's a relatively talented guy (not Lord Oliver, Sean Penn or even Tom Hanks, but a relatively talented guy) with a future, supposedly, in Hollywood yet whenever he can, he snipes at other PROFESSIONALS who really had nothing to do with whatever his issue was in the first place. And I'm not saying he had no issue coz he certainly DID have one. But he's aiming his arrows at the wrong targets, damaging himself for the most part. Other than to the half a dozen guys on this board who really give a shit, a lot of the reaction "out there" is that Jane is a whiner. Does he want that? Does he even realise that? I don't think so, in either case. So consider I'm doing him a favor by bringing it to his attention.

Anyhow, right now, I'm here for the human drama of it. But if you can tell where another actor is continually self-destructing his own reputation, and in public, I'll be happy to go there and watch THAT guy. I don't think you can think of one though, can you?

Edited to say: After just reading your post above, Trudell, I think you can understand my initial issue. Jane was hurting somebody *I* cared about, which is what brought Jane to my attention in the first place. That doesn't really matter much, just thought it interesting.

Nomad

How exactly?

Thomas Jane has THE BALLS to stand up for himself here and everywhere else.

I commend the guy for that.

Warzone represents everything Jane was trying to SAVE Castle from ---> Mindless generic crap.

EVERYONE involved in the MAKING of Warzone is part of the problem.

A problem that began with Lexi Alexander's COMPLETELY absurd method of approach to the Frank Castle character.

-TL

Shit now people over at the GPA boards are making a big deal out of Tom Jane's comments or lack thereof...I really hate the people on that forum sometimes.

I just think it's interesting that anyone can come in here as a guest and read anything they want, but at GPA you have to register or forget it.

All this arguing is pointless.

I don't get all the fuss over two words...What the guy can't express his opinion? Because he's a celebrity he can't discuss whether or not he thinks Lexi is the right director for a Punisher movie? I didn't even take it as a direct attack on Lexi at all when I first read it, maybe he just thinks her style just wouldnt be right...On top of that this is his and Tim Bradstreet's forum, if he should be allowed to express his opinion anywhere it should be here...At least he doesnt go to some Ray Stevenson or Lexi Alexander forum just to rag on them like some people do.

I don't get all the fuss over two words...What the guy can't express his opinion? Because he's a celebrity he can't discuss whether or not he thinks Lexi is the right director for a Punisher movie? I didn't even take it as a direct attack on Lexi at all when I first read it, maybe he just thinks her style just wouldnt be right...On top of that this is his and Tim Bradstreet's forum, if he should be allowed to express his opinion anywhere it should be here...At least he doesnt go to some Ray Stevenson or Lexi Alexander forum just to rag on them like some people do.

Well, he's apparently a very powerful man in Hollyweird (see what I did there). And on a whim he can destroy careers with two words on his own forum.

Mark Wahlberg didn't begin his career as a leading man with a garbage movie like Warzone.

That's what Stevenson is doing.

*Haven't seen MAX PAYNE yet, will post a review tomorrow night in the thread.

If you've done some good on-screen, Hollywood can forget some bad.

Mickey Rourke is the best example of that.

-TL

I personally dont think his career will be hurt too bad by this movie...I don't expect many people to watch the film either...Looking forward to that review TL...I just hope MP is as good as Death Sentence or The Brave One as far as revenge movies are concerned.