The Punisher: WarZone

Tim Bradstreet

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Kevin Feige was considering Stevenson for Emil Blonsky in The Incredible Hulk...

The point is if MARVEL gets a crack at Castle, they will REBOOT him to fit the PG-13 standard.

That means new actor and new take on the character.

Its also safe to say that MARVEL will get a recognized actor.

-TL

Or they'll make it with a studio that gives a shit about the character.

"…today, it would be very hard for us to partner with another studio, unless it was an R-rated film, and then I think that's pretty self-obvious because we are not interested in making R-rated films [at Marvel Studios]."

Guest AdminGuyX

Seems like Tom mentioned - earlier in the thread - asking Garth about it, but he was otherwise in the middle of working on other things and couldn't do it or something.

Am I crazy?

When was Keanu EVER an "Academy Award" actor???

The guy hasn't even been Nominated.

-TL

That's because he's considered a pretty mediocre actor. Keanu Reeves is to acting what Barry Manilow is to music. Yeah, both have their fans, but way more people snigger when hearing their names.

Nomad

I know Kevin Feige was considering Stevenson for Emil Blonsky in The Incredible Hulk...

The point is if MARVEL gets a crack at Castle, they will REBOOT him to fit the PG-13 standard.

That means new actor and new take on the character.

Its also safe to say that MARVEL will get a recognized actor.

-TL

Oh God, that's a scary thought. A PG-13 Punisher, with a "recognized" actor. That's like a PG-13 version of Saw, it just isn't going to work. Iron Man, fine, The Incredible Hulk, ok, but there's no way in hell The Punisher would be even remotely good with a PG-13 rating. Bring back Thomas Jane, well, seems like everything he's in is gold, so he'd be the real reason to see it.

I agree, the thought is terrifying.

A PG-13 Punisher movie.

Shit.

The same goes for the idea of a Punisher movie without Thomas Jane.

That thought is just pathetic.

The problem is MARVEL won't follow up in the footsteps of 3 "R" rated Punisher movies that failed in many levels.

At least to their eyes.

Dolph's Punisher went straight to video.

Jane's Punisher didn't make MARVEL numbers ($100+ Million).

Lexi's Punisher is just ridiculous.

MARVEL will go in the direction that MIGHT just work - the kid friendly direction.

The Punisher: War Journal direction.

The CIVIL WAR Frank Castle direction.

As far as I'm concerned, the character's only chance was a franchise led by Jonathan Hensleigh and Thomas Jane.

That chance is long gone.

-TL

Oh God, that's a scary thought. A PG-13 Punisher, with a "recognized" actor. That's like a PG-13 version of Saw, it just isn't going to work. Iron Man, fine, The Incredible Hulk, ok, but there's no way in hell The Punisher would be even remotely good with a PG-13 rating. Bring back Thomas Jane, well, seems like everything he's in is gold, so he'd be the real reason to see it.

No, it could work. It's not preferable, but it is possible.

Seems like Tom mentioned - earlier in the thread - asking Garth about it, but he was otherwise in the middle of working on other things and couldn't do it or something.

Am I crazy?

I think he mentioned Garth did a script treatment, but that probably didn't work with what the studio wanted.

I didnt know he wrote a script for the movie, I would think getting Ennis to write one would be the smartest thing they could do...I do know he wrote the story for the video game though..maybe that's what people are thinking about, I could be totally wrong though.

I don't think it was a complete script, more likely just a couple page treatment or summary of what the film would be.

Also, I was leafing through the newest Punisher comic at the shop today, and it rectifies what happened in the last issue. So I'm happy about that, though it was dumb to make him seem so jumpy.

I don't think it was a complete script, more likely just a couple page treatment or summary of what the film would be.

Also, I was leafing through the newest Punisher comic at the shop today, and it rectifies what happened in the last issue. So I'm happy about that, though it was dumb to make him seem so jumpy.

How did they set things right in the new issue? I haven't started to read this arc yet, but I'm just curious. I'll probably wait for it to be released in a volume.