The Punisher: WarZone

No, there was a thing where one of them said she liked it. She's a producer on The Spirit so... That needs to be taken with a big 'ol grain of salt.

There's another reason for you not to believe her...she's a friend of Lexi's. She produced Green Street Hooligans. Just trying to help you guys out.

Nomad

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nomad, I completely agree with you.

Deborah Del Prete was Lexi's first Hollywood producer, and the last thing she is gonna do is badmouth Warzone.

Same goes for Steve Gainer.

You don't bash something you worked on or people you're gonna work with.

-TL

It's like you know, I didn't have to see Tim Story's other films to know he wasn't the right choice for the Fantastic Four films. As for Alexander I have seen her short film and it's pretty OK, and I don't think much of Green Street Hooligans. I'm gonna guess she was hired because she was cheap and John Dahl passed on it.

I think I have found the Youtube mention FINALLY in this thread.

Came across an interview with Alexander. Gotta wonder what thing was so close to the 2004 film.

Can't help but wonder what the book is she'd like to see on-screen. Maybe Year One, where where Frank is a depressed, suicidal alcoholic; or maybe from Welcome Back Frank, there was a cool scene where he fought this big hitman called 'The Russian', who wore this ridiculous red and white striped shirt and practically handed Frank's ass to him--

Oh wait...

There's another reason for you not to believe her...she's a friend of Lexi's. She produced Green Street Hooligans. Just trying to help you guys out.

Nomad

Heheh, Don't give up Nomad! Though it seems like most of the rest of the supporters have given up trying to argue with the haters and the tweeners.

I also think we're in that lull, that grey area where we've turned it all over six ways to Sunday and there isn't a whole lot that hasn't been covered, pro and con.

Unless the studio releases something new for us to pick apart ;) it looks like a waiting game until December, when I'm sure everyone will have lots more to say.

I just saw Gainer in the lobby.

Steve - Don't let the venom get you down hoss (I know you won't).

But reading this kind of negativity can certainly be disheartening if not downright depressing.

Just utter a chuckle and relax in the knowledge that you're proud of a job well done.

Until December!

- TB

Heheh, Don't give up Nomad! Though it seems like most of the rest of the supporters have given up trying to argue with the haters and the tweeners.

I also think we're in that lull, that grey area where we've turned it all over six ways to Sunday and there isn't a whole lot that hasn't been covered, pro and con.

Unless the studio releases something new for us to pick apart ;) it looks like a waiting game until December, when I'm sure everyone will have lots more to say.

I just saw Gainer in the lobby.

But reading this kind of negativity can certainly be disheartening if not downright depressing.

Just utter a chuckle and relax in the knowledge that you're proud of a job well done.

Until December!

- TB

I don't know about the others, but I missed your words of wisdom lately, Tim. :P

Well thanks alot!

Nice of you to say.

Also - Just wanted to thank you all, pro and con, for your interest in the Warzone thread topic.

It's the first RAW thread to break the vaunted 100,000 views plateau.

Thanks for contributing!

- TB

Also - Just wanted to thank you all, pro and con, for your interest in the Warzone thread topic.

It's the first RAW thread to break the vaunted 100,000 views plateau.

Thanks for contributing!

- TB

Great stuff to hear. Do we get paid for that? :lol:

As for the latest clip, I liked it. There seemed to be a lot of stuff cut out from it though, so it didn't flow very well. And the part with the grenade through the door was pretty lame. I was hoping for something different.

Guest AdminGuyX
As for the latest clip, I liked it.

Apologies if I missed a previous post (just point me toward her, or quote from that post) but I'd be very interested to know why you like it, and chat about the good points folks see in the footage.

I know my own reasons for having issues with it are way out of the ordinary, but I posted my honest gut reactions to the footage.

If my posts are coming off as venom at Steve, I apologize. I certainly don't HATE any one involved in the film, but my feelings are pretty strong about what I'm seeing.

Steve doesn't have anything to be disheartened about IMHO. I suspect his career is only going uphill from here, and I think he did his job and gave his director what she wanted.

I basically just like Frank killing everyone, though it's not very tactical. From what I hear, there is a reason he is in such a rush, and is being that careless. I like when he gets hit by the door and shot, at least he reacts quick enough. If he is this careless through the rest of the movie, I probably won't like it that much. :(

And like I said before, the grenade through the door is pretty stupid. "Hey guys, the punisher's out there, and he's here to kill us. Let's just stand here, and not shoot through the obviously flimsy door" :P

If my posts are coming off as venom at Steve, I apologize. I certainly don't HATE any one involved in the film, but my feelings are pretty strong about what I'm seeing.

Steve doesn't have anything to be disheartened about IMHO. I suspect his career is only going uphill from here, and I think he did his job and gave his director what she wanted.

Yer fine Noeland ;)

From a Cinematography perspective, no, Steve has nothing to be disheartened about. But as a member of a team (supportive of the entire sum), and a guy who cares (as he's shown) about public reaction, this thread hasn't been exactly supportive ;) I think there have been a lot of constructive comments but also a lot of what some people might term "hatred" for this project. Perhaps it's more negativity than outright hatred, coupled with a whole lot of leeriness. The folks here who are supportive just haven't been speaking up as much lately. Arguing a point can get old. It appears that most of the contingent are in "wait and see" mode.

Fair enough all the way around, I'm just offering up a "don't let it get you down". Not that he needs it.

Great stuff to hear. Do we get paid for that? :lol:

Shit, I wish! If this board did anything but cost us money I'd love to share the wealth.

Wanna chip in on the expenses? ;) ;)

- TB

Shit, I wish! If this board did anything but cost us money I'd love to share the wealth.

Wanna chip in on the expenses? ;) ;)

- TB

I'd pay for the whole fucking thing if I got to be sole moderator. ;)

Nomad

I know my own reasons for having issues with it are way out of the ordinary, but I posted my honest gut reactions to the footage.

They're not out of the ordinary.

I judged the footage as a regular viewer, not as a gun aficionado.

It was terrible.

And alot of other people are agreeing with this that know nothing about RAW.

RAW isn't the only place where Warzone is being regarded as crap :)

-TL

They're not out of the ordinary.

I judged the footage as a regular viewer, not as a gun aficionado.

It was terrible.

And alot of other people are agreeing with this that know nothing about RAW.

RAW isn't the only place where Warzone is being regarded as crap :)

-TL

Funny...I think most everywhere else is being rather objective about the whole thing...

Fred

Edited