The Punisher: WarZone

First of all it's LEXI saying everything is OKAY. Did we just MISS that part.

I'm sure some people may find that to be bullshit and keep going on with conspiracy theories. I think most people were aware that she was still working on it after an IGN article said she was.

Second, You don't know the context of the scene. Might not be a regular grenade round for instance. Also, this could be an early Frank mission where he just wants to fucking die. He may be a madman at this point.

I thought the clip was pretty cool AND that comparing it in an inferior light to the CRAP that was Lundgren's film is just retarded to say the least.

Again, I'm still seeing it in December and will be smart enough to withhold final judgment until then.

Fred

The context of the scene is it's the final battle with Jigsaw's army of Gs.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you guys talking about the time Frank sticks his gun through the wall (or door) and fires something really bright? I first thought that was a flash-bang. But would a flash-bang make bad guys fly out windows?

If not, what exactly what was that he fired into the room full of Jigsaw's gang-bangers?

Nomad

No it was some sort grenade, what were talking about is how accurate it was in the film and according to our own gun nut Noeland, it wasn't very accurately done. Not to mention how Frank was acting throughout the scene with the "spray and pray" method of killing.

I thought you've given up on us over here Nomad.

Poor Fred he's virtually alone with his enthusiasm towards the film now.

Also, a lot of people on here (not counting TL) don't think the 2004 film is "a masterpiece". There's a lot that's right with it and a lot that's wrong with it.

You fucking guys!

Let's talk about the clip...

First of all it's LEXI saying everything is OKAY. Did we just MISS that part.

Second, You don't know the context of the scene. Might not be a regular grenade round for instance. Also, this could be an early Frank mission where he just wants to fucking die. He may be a madman at this point.

I thought the clip was pretty cool AND that comparing it in an inferior light to the CRAP that was Lundgren's film is just retarded to say the least.

Again, I'm still seeing it in December and will be smart enough to withhold final judgment until then.

Fred

The fact that you are remotely defending that clip is just absurd.

I can no longer discuss action with you because you enjoy crap.

I'm not insulting you, I'm simply dismissing any action based opinion you have from now on.

I had a feeling you were gonna be exactly the way you're being right now after reading our reactions.

But honestly, I expected more out of you Fred.

The last thing I expected was for you to say you actually enjoyed that generic garbage.

Now I know.

Poor Fred he's virtually alone with his enthusiasm towards the film now.

Yes he is.

-TL

I was watching the video and the editing is kinda weird, it's off. One seconded he's pointing and it looks like he's prepared to use the big gun and the next he's running down the hall sprayin' and prayin' the handguns.

Guest AdminGuyX

Fred, if you dig the clip, OK, but don't come after me for having the opinion I do. Explain why you LIKE IT, not why you think I'm wrong for feeling how I do.

That's obviously going to lead to arguing, and I'll just delete the argument.

Going at each other is what we need to avoid here guys.

I had a feeling you'd like it Fred. Tell us why without referencing other opinions if possible, like if you hadn't ever read any of the other comments, ya know?

Make sense?

Njc---------------

Fred, if you dig the clip, OK, but don't come after me for having the opinion I do. Explain why you LIKE IT, not why you think I'm wrong for feeling how I do.

That's obviously going to lead to arguing, and I'll just delete the argument.

Going at each other is what we need to avoid here guys.

I had a feeling you'd like it Fred. Tell us why without referencing other opinions if possible, like if you hadn't ever read any of the other comments, ya know?

Make sense?

Njc---------------

I like this idea.

-TL

Damn, you guys are really ambitious. i haven't watched any of the trailers for this thing since the original one; guess i'll have to go check this one out, mostly out of pure curiosity. Did try to check out the revamped website though, but it was taking too long to open and i just didn't have the patience.

The Goldblatt Punisher gunfights seem more rehearsed and Dolph was just a whole lot better at handling the weapons.

-TL

All the fights in the movie were rehearsed and choreographed by the actors themselves for the film so that it can have a sense of realism. Not sure if I see it as real these days but as a kid I thought it fucking rockeddddddd!

But then again, how hard is it to please a child with a movie? Not very. I don't think I disliked a movie when I was a child. Now when I watch 3/4 of them I think they're stupid but I still buy them and watch them cause they still have a place in my heart. Anyone else feel that way?

-Raffi

Guest AdminGuyX

Well, most actions films and cowboy films, etc. have a gun coach. Someone that's only duty is to make sure the actors look credible with the weapons, and they work with them from scene to scene. Not all flicks have this, but some of our favorites on this board have used a fellow named THELL REED ( http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0715715/ )

Last Man Standing, for instance, he was the gun coach and was the one who suggested the rig Willis wore, the style of handguns he used, and was also the "hand double" for the two at once reloading sequences. He suggested that there be a shot of Willis sitting at a table loading a crazy amount of extra mags, etc.

The gun coach is in many ways the unsung hero of action films. If you get a good one, things can look very good with your leads handling weapons. If you get a bad one, or don't use a gun coach, well, you get all manner of bad habits being shown on screen.

I'd be very interested to learn who was used on PWZ, if a gun coach was, and if he was able to have some input in the gunplay on screen.

I was watching the video and the editing is kinda weird, it's off. One seconded he's pointing and it looks like he's prepared to use the big gun and the next he's running down the hall sprayin' and prayin' the handguns.

The thought did occur to me that this clip is just a butchered montage of things, and that it doesn't reflect the final cut of the scene in the film itself.

Part of me hopes that's the case, because this clip is painful for me. Kidney stone painful.

I'll say what I did like about the clip.

The single shot of the hallway with no one in it was actually pretty cool.

Ray has obvious screen presence. Anything that works here works because he's holding it up.

I don't feel this style of film is for him though. I do like him as an actor very much.

But honestly, this clip drove home something else for me too.

He reminds me, more than ever, of Seagal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljC9F8sKCz8...feature=related

;)

I'm only half kidding.

Part of me hopes that's the case, because this clip is painful for me. Kidney stone painful.

For me watching that clip was like falling off a bike and landing on both knees.

Once you get up from the ground, the bleeding starts and it stings like a motherfucker.

-TL

Guest AdminGuyX

Yeah, you know I think Steve had good intentions here, and my issues with the film have moved way past anything he was involved with. The lighting and the visuals being what they are, I grew to accept the reasoning and understood they were not going for reality. OK.

And HEY, maybe that should be enough for me to forgive the poorly staged action sequence in the clip. Maybe I should go into this with my brain turned off like I did with CRANK. Mind you, I still despised that flick, so . . .

One day, we're going to get the Punisher film we all want, but it's going to a long while.

:(

I really don't like the idea of this film bearing the MARVEL signature.

Even though LGF is responsible, the people that know little about production companies are gonna see this as a MARVEL film.

I feel that it is unfair and completely damaging of the image MARVEL has established with IRON MAN and The Incredible Hulk.

This cartoon epic is a step back in the direction comic book movies have gone since Singer's X-MEN.

Sure, Daredevil was crap and Elektra was double crap with cheese, but now The Punisher will be regarded as crap.

*The Hensleigh film got heat from moron fans, but those with a broader spectrum (as myself) were able to embrace the message it was sending.

Warzone will leave a bitter taste in the mouths of those that enjoyed the great year of comic book movies that was 2008.

I still don't understand WHAT Lexi Alexander was thinking when she did this.

-TL

The biggest problem the 2004 film had was it adhered a little too close to the structure of those '60s/'70s films. Same thing happened with Tarantino on Death Proof. More action is what the film was missing, and I still hate that they cut out the bank robbery scene from it.

This movie on the other hand is the complete antithesis of the 2004 version. More action, not much of a story, choosing to go digital where the 2004 film was analog, etc....

Alexander was thinking Frank Castle can't work in a gritty realistic crime film.