The Punisher: WarZone

Tim Bradstreet

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These posts are no better. This is old and boring and we've already tread this ground too many damn times.

After today, I'm removing any further posts that don't discuss the film, actors, comics, or merchandise in some capacity, or that have pointed and disrespectful comments of other members opinions.

If you want to argue, just go back and reread what you've already posted, because you guys have had this argument about 3 or 4 times now.

We're almost up to page 200 here, and how much of this thread is actually about Punisher War Zone?

DISCUSS THE FILM.

Not only will the arguments be removed, the ever present personal attacks will stop as well.

They will stop here and now. Last chance. This is the final warning.

Your membership privileges are at serious risk.

Go ahead, test me.

So as not to derail the topic further .. Any questions, comments, or concerns with respect to this statement can be addressed in the following thread link.

http://rawstudios.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=689

Back to Warzone!

Trudell

Guest FADoss
Not only will the arguments be removed, the ever present personal attacks will stop as well.

They will stop here and now. Last chance. This is the final warning.

Your membership privileges are at serious risk.

Go ahead, test me.

Trudell

I love you.

What do you base that on?

HOW do you know this?

-TL

How are you 100% sure the movie will suck if you haven't watched it yet? I base his acting on what I've seen. The series, Rome, and on Outpost. The movie wasn't great, but the acting was pretty good, especially from Ray. Like Tom, Ray wasn't familiar with the character before he was hired, but after getting to know him, has a deep respect for the punisher and wants to do him justice.

How do you know the movie will suck 100%?

-Bad script

-Poor cast

-Questionable Director

-Bad artistic choices (cartoony)

-Bad overall tone (caters to young adults)

-Bad special effects (Reminiscent of Troma movies)

-Overdose of graphic violence

*Behind the scenes drama involving the director getting fired, the film getting trimmed and the revelation by Thomas Jane of what the film could have been.

-TL

The cast is alright, sure they aren't movie stars and are primarily from TV or unknown, but I think they're good. Though Alexander seems to have cocked it up with West, he actually has a chance to be as bad as Travolta. Where Travolta reigned it in a bit, West looks like he's in full on scenery chewing mode. You don't fuck with Jimmy McNulty.

The original teaser was kinda cool (and had one killer line--'Sometimes I'd like to get my hands on god...'--one of the greatest lines ever).

A lot of people seem to like that line. It's been mentioned before. I find it to be totally stupid. It's one thing to say, "God's gonna sit this one out," like Frank said in the '04 flick. It's something completely different to say, "I'd like to get my hands on God." I'd be sorta interested to know the context of his remark. I'm just not interested enough to watch the movie.

A lot of people seem to like that line. It's been mentioned before. I find it to be totally stupid. It's one thing to say, "God's gonna sit this one out," like Frank said in the '04 flick. It's something completely different to say, "I'd like to get my hands on God." I'd be sorta interested to know the context of his remark. I'm just not interested enough to watch the movie.

He's moved on from claiming to be outside God's jurisdiction to deicide.

All of this is subject to whim and taste.

Not that the question was addressed towards me but when I see this - -

and he will do the character justice with what he is given, just like Tom did.

What do you base that on?

HOW do you know this?

-TL

- - I have to logically conclude that justaguy is putting his hopes forward in the form of a statement that he, himself believes.

He seems to see something worth liking and he's projecting. I think it's rather obvious that he doesn't actually know any of this for a fact.

He's basing the statement on how he feels, which is something you can't measure. There is no right or wrong.

Some may say the cast sucks, others would disagree. Is anyone right or wrong?

No, because it all comes down to personal taste.

I like Carrots but my best friend hates them.

Should that bring my taste or her taste into question?

Might as well argue over the merits of Blond VS Brunette.

Trudell

From my own experience, the line has incredible relevance. If there is such a thing as a "god", i need to know why--why this happened, why it happened to me. i can completely envision Frank grabbing 'him' by the lapels and shaking him--"Why, you motherfucker?! WHY?! She was innocent and pure and good--the only good thing in my life--and you stole her from me!" It seems perfectly natural to place blame at what people tend to think of as infallible, and potentially respond with violence.

Makes sense to me.

-Bad script

-Poor cast

-Questionable Director

-Bad artistic choices (cartoony)

-Bad overall tone (caters to young adults)

-Bad special effects (Reminiscent of Troma movies)

-Overdose of graphic violence

*Behind the scenes drama involving the director getting fired, the film getting trimmed and the revelation by Thomas Jane of what the film could have been.

-TL

from what i've seen, trailer and the movie posters + stills, don't know how you came to all selected above?

script is fine, not like Im joefuckingOscarscriptwriter or anything...

cast is hot

director, Lexi, trumps heinsleighn when it comes to street cred...plus she's megahawt

cartoony? not from what the posters scream.

cater to young adults...I love the youth...

bad special effects...well that should be judged on the final release, not from the shady looking comicon trailer

violence is good.

from what i've seen, trailer and the movie posters + stills, don't know how you came to all selected above?

script is fine, not like Im joefuckingOscarscriptwriter or anything...

cast is hot

director, Lexi, trumps heinsleighn when it comes to street cred...plus she's megahawt

cartoony? not from what the posters scream.

cater to young adults...I love the youth...

bad special effects...well that should be judged on the final release, not from the shady looking comicon trailer

violence is good.

The script stunk.

Alexander directed one short film that was OK, and a full length film that was pretty bad. Hensleigh may not have directed anything but he did have The Rock and Die Hard: With a Vengeance on his resume, that alone gave him the benefit of the doubt. Hensleigh has a mustache, becasue she's good looking and used to be kickboxer don't mean shit.

It's cartoony regarding the violence, you can't fix rubber heads/bodies in post.

The script stunk.

Alexander directed one short film that was OK, and a full length film that was pretty bad. Hensleigh may not have directed anything but he did have The Rock and Die Hard: With a Vengeance on his resume, that alone gave him the benefit of the doubt. Hensleigh has a mustache, becasue she's good looking and used to be kickboxer don't mean shit.

It's cartoony regarding the violence, you can't fix rubber heads/bodies in post.

We are in agreement.

-TL