The Punisher: WarZone

Tim Bradstreet

The fact that you're even CONSIDERING the idea that Warzone will not be inferior to Jane's idea for Punisher II shows how idiotic and childish YOU are.

You are too fuckin hardheaded man.

-TL

And one again you're calling the kettle black.

I'm open to the idea that it will be bad, I'm just hoping it will be an enjoyable movie. You're not open to anything other than the idea that it will be the worst thing that has ever been put on film.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You obviously have no taste for good stories if you're gonna say the GARBAGE script for Warzone is better than the outline Jane talked to us about.

I'm gonna assume you're just a kid and know little about film.

The fact that you would support a childish, colorful and light take on Frank Castle just because you think it might be "enjoyable" over something serious and dark in the same fashion as The Dark Knight, shows how simple-minded and easy to please you are when it comes to cinema.

Nomad is backing up Warzone cause of Stevenson.

Your reason is just ridiculous.

-TL

You obviously have no taste for good stories if you're gonna say the GARBAGE script for Warzone is better than the outline Jane talked to us about.

I'm gonna assume you're just a kid and know little about film.

The fact that you would support a childish, colorful and light take on Frank Castle just because you think it might be "enjoyable" over something serious and dark in the same fashion as The Dark Knight, shows how simple-minded and easy to please you are when it comes to cinema.

Nomad is backing up Warzone cause of Stevenson.

Your reason is just ridiculous.

-TL

I've said before, I'd have liked the sequel Jane put on the table for us. But that's not going to happen anymore, which is why I'm not ready to slit someone's throat over it. I'm not a kid. Sure, you may be older than me, but that doesn't make you any more of an adult than I am.

I'm backing up Warzone because I've been reading the Punisher for about fifteen years. If the movie comes out and it is shit, then it's shit. Hurray for you, you were right. But I'm not going to join in on your blind fanaticism because I don't agree with certain aspects of the film. Sure, the colors are a bit different, but from what we have seen I don't think it's a "childish" or "light" take on Frank castle. That's absurd. You act like it's a movie made for the Disney Channel. The few things I dislike about the film are hardly enough to condemn it over.

If I'm simple-minded then you're close-minded. This movie will be released and will be so terrible that everyone who paid to see it will get cancer and begin to riot and tear the world apart and civilization will end in a hail of brimstone and fail. That's what you're expecting and there is no alternative.

You little snot.

When the fuck have I said the '89 film is an A movie???

Its an 80s cheesefest shot in 1988.

Warzone is an 80s cheesefest shot in 2007.

Can you read between the lines MuleEmbodied???

I'm not surprised Street had to call your muleness out a few posts back.

-TL

I've read dozens of posts from you on here where you seem to be in love with it. You were all in love with Warzone for a minute because of all the "Dolphian vibes" you were getting.

I CAN enjoy and have a blast watching an 80s film shot and made in the 80s.

What I CAN'T do is embrace an 80s film shot in 2007 in favor of what woulda been The Punisher's Dark Knight.

-TL

It's quite clear that you're not going to embrace it no matter what.

Can you answer this question? I asked it before but you never answered it. If the movie comes out and it is really good, just as good as you hoped it was when you saw the Comic-Con footage, will you man up and admit it our will you still puff out your chest?

Guest AdminGuyX

Hey, if I can't make up words like assdonkey, you can't make up shit like muleness.

It sounds like some kind of medical thing.

"You've been diagnoised with acute muleness."

Anyway, FE is going to see the film no matter what names you call him TL. So am I.

Who's got a copy of Hensleigh's first draft they want to send me?

If those ideas are on paper, I'd like to see how they were handled.

I know what I would do with those ideas, and War Zone ain't it.

Can you answer this question? I asked it before but you never answered it. If the movie comes out and it is really good, just as good as you hoped it was when you saw the Comic-Con footage, will you man up and admit it our will you still puff out your chest?

I've already clarified that my comments on the Comicon footage were driven purely out of my love for 80s action.

After watching the Trailer a thousand times, I got off my 80s high and began to smell the inevitable shit that Trailer represented.

So my answer to your question is, how can a sloppy movie end up being a good movie?

Its not scientifically possible.

Warzone is what it is ---> SHIT.

Deal with it.

I have and am still.

Unfortunately.

-TL

I've already clarified that my comments on the Comicon footage were driven purely out of my love for 80s action.

After watching the Trailer a thousand times, I got off my 80s high and began to smell the inevitable shit that Trailer represented.

So my answer to your question is, how can a sloppy movie end up being a good movie?

Its not scientifically possible.

Warzone is what it is ---> SHIT.

Deal with it.

I have and am still.

Unfortunately.

-TL

World class question-dodging.

Logan it's kinda obvious your obsessing over Tom Jane as the Punisher, reeks of fanboyism! lol He gives you half a paragraph on how he saw the follow up, and you proclaim it a masterpiece!?!

Ray was convinced by Lexi that they were making a good movie, so I doubt it comes down to making a living. In the UK Rays reputation is solid, he could do any work he wished and make a very comfortable living. I guess being asked to work on a movie with an oscar nominated, award winning director must of been a bit of a draw.

Has anyone here actually checked out HBO's Rome? Its an excellent series and Ray as Titus Pulo is a scene stealer. Check out the bar fight! And the gladiator fight, and... well just check it out. Anyway, I'm glad he took the role, it suits him.

Your question makes no sense.

It suggest Warzone CAN be good.

Warzone CANNOT be good because we ALREADY KNOW its bad.

To quote Street - you just choose not to see it.

-TL

And that shows how utterly unrealistic and childish you're being. "No possible way but mine".

This is like talking to a wall. You would probably say the same thing.

In the UK Rays reputation is solid, he could do any work he wished and make a very comfortable living.

This isn't the UK and Warzone is most definitely gonna tarnish his reputation as an actor.

OUTPOST was crap too, but since it didn't come out in theatres the damage wasn't as bad as Warzone's will be.

*On the "fanboyism" thing, don't figure out ways to annoy me.

Instead of making statements like that, why don't you join the rest of us that can't get over how good that outline was and post your thoughts on it.

-TL

This isn't the UK and Warzone is most definitely gonna tarnish his reputation as an actor.

OUTPOST was crap too, but since it didn't come out in theatres the damage wasn't as bad as Warzone's will be.

*On the "fanboyism" thing, don't figure out ways to annoy me.

Instead of making statements like that, why don't you join the rest of us that can't get over how good that outline was and post your thoughts on it.

-TL

I didn't really like Outpost, either. I did like the look and feel of it, but it ultimately fell on its face. However, I did love Rome, Stevenson was fantastic in it and Titus Pullo is one of the most badass characters ever on television.

Hey, if I can't make up words like assdonkey, you can't make up shit like muleness.

It sounds like some kind of medical thing.

"You've been diagnoised with acute muleness."

Anyway, FE is going to see the film no matter what names you call him TL. So am I.

Who's got a copy of Hensleigh's first draft they want to send me?

If those ideas are on paper, I'd like to see how they were handled.

I know what I would do with those ideas, and War Zone ain't it.

I don't know if it's the correct one, but I'm should be getting my mitts on one of the Hensleigh drafts later today. I'm dying to read it. I can send it to you the minute I get it.

I doubt PWZ is going to tarnish Ray any more than Punisher 04 tarnished Tom. After all, Toms film was not a success and has generally low rated reviews. I doubt PWZ will fare much better, what I'm hoping is that 'I' like it. Thats not a forgone conclusion.

Rays reputation in the states is based purely on HBO's Rome. Have you seen it. Do you have an opinion on Rays performance from it?

As for Janes outline, my thoughts on this were posted earlier, to recap:

Toms vision: Punisher wipes out half the mob upsetting FBI who arrest him, then release him when Jigsaw goes after them.

Lexi's vision: Punisher wipes out half the mob upsetting the FBI when he kills one of them, then goes to rescue the victims family when Jigsaw goes after them.

To be blunt its a similar outline, and until its fleshed out on screen I can't, (and neither can anyone else for that matter) make a call on how good this would be, and since were never gonna see Janes vision were not really gonna be able to make a true judgment on it.

I wasn't figuring ways out to annoy you, I was stating that your opinion of an outline from Tom was very fanboyish. Instead of saying, yeah that sounds interesting. You pretty much declared that it was a masterpiece. Its like 5 lines of text!

I doubt PWZ is going to tarnish Ray any more than Punisher 04 tarnished Tom. After all, Toms film was not a success and has generally low rated reviews. I doubt PWZ will fare much better, what I'm hoping is that 'I' like it. Thats not a forgone conclusion.

Rays reputation in the states is based purely on HBO's Rome. Have you seen it. Do you have an opinion on Rays performance from it?

As for Janes outline, my thoughts on this were posted earlier, to recap:

Toms vision: Punisher wipes out half the mob upsetting FBI who arrest him, then release him when Jigsaw goes after them.

Lexi's vision: Punisher wipes out half the mob upsetting the FBI when he kills one of them, then goes to rescue the victims family when Jigsaw goes after them.

To be blunt its a similar outline, and until its fleshed out on screen I can't, (and neither can anyone else for that matter) make a call on how good this would be, and since were never gonna see Janes vision were not really gonna be able to make a true judgment on it.

I wasn't figuring ways out to annoy you, I was stating that your opinion of an outline from Tom was very fanboyish. Instead of saying, yeah that sounds interesting. You pretty much declared that it was a masterpiece. Its like 5 lines of text!

The '04 movie did receive generally low reviews and it seemed to have split fans down the middle, but in the theaters it made double its budget and it made even more on DVD. It made $60 million from DVD sales alone. By all rights it was a success.

Also, just like you, all I'm hoping is that I enjoy War Zone. It seems that Logan wont even let us have that and enjoys belittling us just for considering it.

Guest AdminGuyX
To be blunt its a similar outline

When you type them like that, of course they are smiliar. I can make The Great Escape and Smoky and The Bandit sound the same in a sentence if I want to. That shouldn't be ones litmus test for a film going experience.

With all due respect, the reason I was excited by what Tom posted had nothing to do with your "outline" here, or the basic story outline in general.

It has much more to do with what I know we're getting from War Zone versus what WALTER HILL could have done with Tom Jane, a skull, and these ideas. The man is wired to tell iconic stories, and he's more than proven he can create action films that are strong with character, and resonate for decades.

And as much as I love his westerns, I REALLY want to see Hill step back into today and create another great crime film. This could have been so much more.

And lets not discount the difference between Ray and Tom for what they brought to the table as actors versus producers and storytellers. Ray, God bless him, was nothing more than a hired lead actor. I'm not trying to insult him Nomad. ;)

But Tom was coming to the project with a whole lot MORE than just a performance. His posts here should tell you that.

I mean come on guys, he asked us if we knew the scene from the comic with Daredevil tied up holding a gun with one bullet. As much as I respect that Ray carried Tim's cover in his backpocket, In my opinion, TJ trumps it with that question.

Njc-------------