Bad Planet #6 ON SALE NOW!

I GAVE it to you?? What the hell was I thinking?? :-)

Umm, Joe?

That is scrumptious.

And remember, you gave me a black and white Punisher page a few years back in that same style. DC Vince gets taken out by Castle!

Priceless.

I've always LOVED your black and white tonal work. Fucking Brill.

- TB

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just picked up my copy today. Good stuff. Tim was right, the cover looks even better in hand. I loved the conclusion to this and the art is fantastic as always. Between this and Aline Pig Farm, I notice that all the girls get semi-naked, Hmmm, I'm seeing a trend ;)

My only gripe with the book, it's going to be a long wait for the next six, but count me in!

LOVE Grant's pinup in this issue. Just love it, rocked my fuckin' socks off is what it did.

If I have one complaint about this issue, I think it would be that I'd of like to have seen more combat between the convict and the captors who nearly crashed a ship into him. Jim does such dynamic action, I'd of enjoyed another page of them fighting. That just seemed really quick.

Grant is an amazingly talented artist. I personally would LOVE to see him do more work of his own, though I will also say he is among the best color guys in this business. Grant could be busting out covers and really give some of the top guys a run for their money in my opinion.

Thanks Noeland, I love doing action and love the quiet or dramatic moments as well. It would have been nice to have a longer fight there... (at least would have been fun to draw it) I think we got all the info covered and ended this 6 issue arc of Bad Planet in that one issue though and pacing that all out was probably challenging on the writing side. There are some things I'd like to change here and there, but who doesn't look back on their work and say that? :)

It would be a heck of a lot of fun to just do and issue (possibly silent/ no words) where the convict is just beating the crap out of those guards or some horrible space-things...I could draw that armor and our axe-wielding alien hero all day long. Oh yeah...and MORE Space Moles! lol. they are my favorite.

cheers,

--jim

That does sound cool, Jim. Kinda reminds me of the classic Heavy Metal approach (when it was good).

I don't know if you're familiar with Phillipe Druillet, but the Convict always puts me in mind of Druillets work—especially "Vuzz". Not so much stylistically inasmuch as over all tone... The one thing that stood out to me is that those soldiers underestimated how formidable the convict was. Maybe it was explained somewhere and I need to revisit the earlier issues or something...

From Fangoria, here's a link to a review of issue #6, for their new feature "Comic Screams", a weekly review page:

"...Jim Daly and Tim Bradstreet’s sharp art, this book showcases sci-fi in a vision many fans of the cult genre appreciate."

http://www.fangoriaonline.com/features/com...s-12-16-08.html

Jen

Guest AdminGuyX
It would be a heck of a lot of fun to just do and issue (possibly silent/ no words) where the convict is just beating the crap out of those guards or some horrible space-things...I could draw that armor and our axe-wielding alien hero all day long. Oh yeah...and MORE Space Moles! lol. they are my favorite.

Space Moles rock. :)

I'd love to see you do a silent issue like that to. I love the scope you often give your work too, so any chance to see that stuff and I'm there.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, when is the Bad Planet collection scheduled (or tentatively planned) to be released?

We will certainly announce when the TPBs will go on sale, both for Bad Planet and for Alien Pig Farm 3000.

We're still attempting to see whether we want to go through Image or do the printing ourselves.

APF should be out first, but with BP we have to get all issues of the first series released before we go to Trade Paperback.

I'd say look for both this summer.

- tb

Found the answer!

• 3 weeks later...

Paid $7 at the con for this and was worth every penny. Good wrap up to an excellent story arc. Hopefully just the first installment as it's left open for a sequel. Great job on this book guys! All around to Tim, Tom and Jim on this one. Fantastic!!!

Fred

• 1 month later...

Jen found this link and posted it in her yahoo group.

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album.php?gid=709

It's dated from last November, but if you click on the click to launch viewer button, you can see 5 pages from issue 6 in addition to the cover. So if anyone out there still has not picked up Bad Planet, this will definitely whet the appetite.

• 1 month later...

I think the Bad Planet series is AWESOME and it really really should be made into a live action movie!

Obviously this has been discussed here before.... ;)