NATHAN FILLION AS CAPTAIN AMERICA.

origin1950

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. I was the biggest star on the set. :) Only two of us had actually done anything notable. It was a very low talent level day. :)

Well it must have been cool to be the biggest star on the set of G.I. Joe...... for that day. ;)

Cruise stole that fuckin film.

"Look fuckstick I'm incredibly busy so why don't you get the hell out of here before I snap your dick off and jam it into your ass."

That guy had me dieing from laughter. My fucking face was hurting me from laughing so hard.

-Raf

Cruise stole that fuckin film.

Very hard film to steal too. I mean:

1.) Booty Sweat and Bust A Nut

2.) "I'll drink the gravy"

3.) Downey Jr as a dude dressed up as a dude disguised as a dude playing another dude.

4.) Stiller's going full retard.

5.) McConoughy and Teevo! I mean...a G5!!!

I know man.... what a fucking film. I planned on buying the dvd since it came out the other day but I'm broke so the purchase will have to wait till I'm done working the club tomorrow night. I'll get off work and pick up my copy from Wal-Mart or Meijer.... the beauty of a 24/7 super store.

By Elisabeth Rappe

Last week, I had the chance to visit the set of Dear John, Lasse Hallström's adaptation of Nicholas' Sparks heartbreaking novel. I'll get to tell you all about the visit and the movie at a later date, so keep an eye out. In the meantime, though, I thought I'd tease fandom with a Captain America soundbite. While talking to the film's leading man, Channing Tatum, I couldn't resist asking him if he'd play the First Avenger, mentioning that at least one reader had nominated him for the part last week. Surprisingly, that reader isn't the first one to think of him for the part -- a crew member tried to soften him up, too! Here's his unvarnished response:

"Captain America? Oh my God! Oddly enough, I just got given a book – one of the painters came up and here gave me a book. I would think about it. Maybe it's destiny! I would definitely think about it – I just got done doing G.I. Joe, though. If Joe does well, and it doesn't seem to be the exact same story, then I would. I don't know. They seem to be very, very similar – almost identical. Except for the – I think he takes a serum? Like a strength serum? [but the WWII setting] could be very very cool. "

So, there you have it. Tatum is definitely a bit reluctant to jump into the All American Hero mold again -- but it is Captain America, which is a pretty tempting superhero for any actor to play. I'll freely admit a bit of bias in saying that Tatum has risen on my personal "Who should play Cap?" list, because he certainly has the right personal qualities. He's a genuine, stand-up guy -- there's a reason Hollywood is itching to have him play in uniform so often. And hey, there's worse things than being typecast as the heroic soldier!

Link

Looking back at his IMDB resume, I've heard VERY good things about "Jericho", the western he did back in 2000, but haven't ever got around to watching it. I'll have to track him down.

And again, not only is the guy AMERICAN, but a vet to boot. NO ONE better to play Cap in my opinion.

Is Mark Valley still in Fringe, or did they kill off his character? I only watched the first couple of episodes because he was in it.

He was good in the movie Jericho. He certainly looked the part. The story itself is not that great. Somewhat predictable. It covers several years and the editting jumps around. But if you like Mark Valley, it's worth a watch.

Is Mark Valley still in Fringe, or did they kill off his character? I only watched the first couple of episodes because he was in it.

He was good in the movie Jericho. He certainly looked the part. The story itself is not that great. Somewhat predictable. It covers several years and the editting jumps around. But if you like Mark Valley, it's worth a watch.

He's still credited 'with Mark Valley' on Fringe. I think his character was brought back to life or some crazy shit.

Keen Eddie was great and therefore immediately cancelled, of course! ;)

And again, not only is the guy AMERICAN, but a vet to boot. NO ONE better to play Cap in my opinion.

I love that third picture of Mark Valley - larger than life - and he just LOOKS like a man who would become Captain America. I agree, I love the real deal-ness about him to play, portray, personify, embody the character. He is also the right age, I think. I don't know where the comics have him chronologically, but I have always pictured the character as a grown man.

I adore Nathan Fillion, as well, but he'll always be Mal to me! B)

• 2 months later...
Yesterday afternoon I interviewed with one of my favorite actors, Neal McDonough, who plays M. Bison in the upcoming Street Fighter movie. As the interview was wrapping up, I asked him about what he's doing next, as part of a question about what he looks for in scripts. And at the last second, he said that, "I think it's time for me to go back to playing some of the really good guys who can get the job done, like Captain America, maybe." I immediately asked him if that was a hint, and his response was even more confusing. It's been on my mind since the interview, and I just had to open this discussion up to all of our readers.

Continue reading: http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/02/20/exc...aptain-america/

He was cool in Boomtown too. That was a GREAT series, maybe the fact that Street Fighter WILL suck ass is gonna hinder him... I'm a HUGE Filton fan... that being said being a filton fan I hope he doesn't play Cap.. without wanting to become hated by eveyone here.. Cap is Ruuuuuuuuuubish! :-p Cap and Superman.. too perfect to be interesting and or engaging in my (usually totally wron) opinion.

WHO should filton play.....

Mal Reynolds for the rest of his life.. When my lottery win comes in I'll have the whole team back together to act out Firefly scripts I will write. :-P

He'd be a good Spiderman (older of course) He's cocky enough.. or Deadpool (though I'm sure Ryan Renolds will be cool too)