NATHAN FILLION AS CAPTAIN AMERICA.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word is Gosling is up for Green Lantern. I think Wright mentioned he's going to have both Ant Men in it, Hank Pym in the '60s and Scott Lang for the present, though that may have changed.

Gosling is a good actor, it's just a lot of his movie choice have been kinda bad.

I did say he was a good actor, just I haven't liked the last batch of movies he has done; Stay, Fracture, Lars and the Real Girl.

And he was only up for Best Actor in 2007.

I did say he was a good actor, just I haven't liked the last batch of movies he has done; Stay, Fracture, Lars and the Real Girl.

And he was only up for Best Actor in 2007.

Do your homework Mike.

*Best Actor Golden Globe Nomination 2007 (Lars and The Real Girl)

*Best Actor Academy Award Nomination 2006 (Half Nelson)

ALL of the movies you mentioned are excellent films and those are the films where he's proven his worth as an actor.

-TL

I thought you just meant the Oscar, that's why I said he was only up for it once.

Stay and Lars and the Real Girl were dumb, and I thought Fracture wasn't anything special. And again, I say he's a good actor and gives good performances.

Stay and Lars and the Real Girl were dumb, and I thought Fracture wasn't anything special. And again, I say he's a good actor and gives good performances.

Well we already know I don't agree with you on the films being bad, but I must ask you - what exactly are you basing his acting talent on if the batch of movies where he's displayed prowess in the field, you didn't enjoy?

What film did you like him in?

-TL

Well, he gave good performances in those movies listed, it's just I don't think the stories were up to snuff. Oh, and I thought Half Nelson was pretty good, I would have loved it if he stayed on for The Lovely Bones.

I started to dig him after The Notebook.

The shotgun scene is classic.

What better way to turn down an offer on your house, than by pointing a Magnum at the buyer?

Speaking of The Notebook, Cassavetes is supposed to be doing Captain America.

-TL

Yeah, that's been going on around for a while regarding Cassavetes. He was also up for Iron Man with Tom Cruise rumored as Stark, and I doubt that movie would have been as fun as it was.

Yeah, that's been going on around for a while regarding Cassavetes. He was also up for Iron Man with Tom Cruise rumored as Stark, and I doubt that movie would have been as fun as it was.

Seriously, the guy's been attached for 5 years.

Or at least it'll be 5 years by the time the movie goes into production.

*IRON MAN coulda been darker.

Favreau impressed me, but I know he toned it down a FUCK load.

He likes "family" movies.

-TL

No, Iron Man was fine the way it was for the first movie.

Once they start getting into the Demon in a Bottle story arc, it'll get darker. But I think Iron Man benefits from having a lighter tone, it's fun not every comic book film need to be grim and gritty.

No, Iron Man was fine the way it was for the first movie.

Once they start getting into the Demon in a Bottle story arc, it'll get darker. But I think Iron Man benefits from having a lighter tone, it's fun not every comic book film need to be grim and gritty.

I've met Favreau.

Had drinks with him at the Grove a few years back.

He's got a twisted mind.

When I see him direct a light film, its like putting me in an episode of The Office.

-TL

Well, if he's got such a twisted mind he needs to do a horror movie then. The world of horror needs some more original stories and not remakes.

British or American Office?

Obviously American.

The Brits would think I'm insane.

Rainn Wilson would just offer me a brew, after pepper spraying me.

-TL

• 1 month later...
Marvel Studios has just signed Joe Johnston to direct The First Avenger: Captain America. Like many, I was impressed with Johnson’s early art/effects work, loved October Sky, but was pretty disappointed with everything he has done since (::cough:: Jurassic Park III ::cough::). However, the footage I saw from The Wolf Man at Comic Con was very impressive. Johnston seems like an odd choice for this Marvel franchise, especially considering his background in visual effects, which would have made him more valuable in a project with a more visually dynamic superhero (like The Incredible Hulk).

Johnston started his career as an artist at Lucasfilm, having famously provided the final designs for Star Wars characters Yoda and Boba Fett. He won an academy award for his visual effects work on Raiders of the Lost Ark. Supposedly Johnston and George Lucas got close, and Joe was invited to cit in during George’s editing sessions. Later when Joe announced that he would be leaving the company to travel the world with the money he had saved up, Lucas convinced him to attend his alma mater USC film School, and even paid his tuition.

Continue reading:

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/11/09/joe-jo...aptain-america/

I always had a soft spot for The Rocketeer. Loved it as a kid, and I still find it a fun flick today. Cut down on the screw-ball comedy (not all of it, I don't think this has to be a compleatly dark film, plus, I'd love to see Cap punch out Hitler ;) ) I could see this turning out to be a great flick.

• 2 weeks later...

MY NEW TOP PIC.

smokinacespic5.jpg

chris-pine-trek11.jpg

I did not recognize Chris Pines (aka Captain Kirk) from his role in Smokin Aces. Out of that WHOLE film, I remember saying to myself, THIS guy has a lot of talent. His portrayal of Darwin Tremor was AMAZING. Very Pitt/Depp! He would be a great Cap.

I can't get past him as a ladies man type of actor. If they cast him, a bunch of girls are going to want to see it because "Channing Tatum" is in it and that's gonna piss me off.

I'm getting over it now, but I was pretty damn angry when they cast him as Duke. Maybe he'll do a good job I don't know, but still. I'd like to see an actor I can take serious.

Doss, did you meet him on the set of G.I. Joe?

-Raff