NATHAN FILLION AS CAPTAIN AMERICA.

origin1950

Guest AdminGuyX

Last thing I saw him in was "The Guardian" with Costner, which was way better than I expected it to be. I have to admit his facial features don't strike me as "Steve Rodgers", but I think he's an excellent actor who is pretty great in anything he does, and he's fairly muscle bound these days. Could be great in the role.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just received this in an email from Jordan Raskin. At first, I was sure it had to be some April's fools prank, but Jordan said this was in the Hollywood Reporter today.

Can this be possible? I don't buy it.

Seth Rogen Will Play Steve Rogers in Captain America Film

In a recent interview with Marvel Studios chairman David Maisel, it was revealed that Seth Rogen (Pineapple Express, Observe and Report) would be playing the role of Steve Rogers, the Army reject who is turned into the "Star-Spangled Avenger" through the ingestion of a "Super Soldier Serum," in the upcoming live-action First Avenger: Captain America film.

This is not the first time that Rogen's name has popped up in association with a superhero genre film. His name has been attached to the live-action Green Hornet project for years now, with production set to begin in June of this year.

Said Maisel:

Seth Rogen is today's 'everyman,' someone that we can all relate to. He has a strength of character only hinted at in his previous roles.

Maisel explained that Rogen had been chosen to play the character of Steve Rogers before he becomes Captain America and that it had not yet been decided whether an altogether different actor would be playing the post-powered Steve Rogers or whether CGI techniques, such as those used on Brad Pitt in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, would be used to "beef up" the portly actor.

Sony and Marvel Studios are coming on strong in 2011, with three superhero genre films slated for release. Last month, it was announced that Spider-Man 4 would be released on May 6th, with Thor following shortly thereafter on June 17th, and First Avenger: Captain America debuting July 22nd. These release dates resulted in the pushing back of The Avengers July 15, 2011, opening to May 4, 2012.

I just received this in an email from Jordan Raskin. At first, I was sure it had to be some April's fools prank, but Jordan said this was in the Hollywood Reporter today.

Can this be possible? I don't buy it.

Seth Rogen Will Play Steve Rogers in Captain America Film

In a recent interview with Marvel Studios chairman David Maisel, it was revealed that Seth Rogen (Pineapple Express, Observe and Report) would be playing the role of Steve Rogers, the Army reject who is turned into the "Star-Spangled Avenger" through the ingestion of a "Super Soldier Serum," in the upcoming live-action First Avenger: Captain America film.

This is not the first time that Rogen's name has popped up in association with a superhero genre film. His name has been attached to the live-action Green Hornet project for years now, with production set to begin in June of this year.

Said Maisel:

Seth Rogen is today's 'everyman,' someone that we can all relate to. He has a strength of character only hinted at in his previous roles

Maisel explained that Rogen had been chosen to play the character of Steve Rogers before he becomes Captain America and that it had not yet been decided whether an altogether different actor would be playing the post-powered Steve Rogers or whether CGI techniques, such as those used on Brad Pitt in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, would be used to "beef up" the portly actor.

Sony and Marvel Studios are coming on strong in 2011, with three superhero genre films slated for release. Last month, it was announced that Spider-Man 4 would be released on May 6th, with Thor following shortly thereafter on June 17th, and First Avenger: Captain America debuting July 22nd. These release dates resulted in the pushing back of The Avengers July 15, 2011, opening to May 4, 2012.

I don't see it. They can't have two actors playing Cap, that's just stupid. I think Rogen is ok, but I can't see him in anything serious, except for that small part in Donnie Darko.

McDonough is friggin' great, but he seems more Arian looking to me than Cap like. He'd make an awesome Nazi!

If you guys recall, I did suggest Neal McDonough along side Nathan Fillion!!!!!!! It's in here somewhere, I'm not gonna look for it. But he would do greeeat I think.

Guest AdminGuyX

I thought the dude from Fringe was already cast in this.

I'm NO fan of Rogan, but he certainly is the flavor of the month, so someone somewhere probably compared it to the 89 batman casting.

I won't see it if Rogan is in the lead.

I'm a Rogen fan, but the Hornet coat is enough. I don't need to see him in spandex or form fitting blue leather. Brrrrrr.

Joe, just imagine how fun it would be to paint Seth Rogen as Cap! Or would you rather blow your brains out?

I love Seth Rogen by the way, ever since FREAKS AND GEEKS, but this has to be a hoax. They can't ruin the Cap movie!

Don't want John Cena for this either. It would end up being an 80s action film. I love 80s action, but I don't want Captain America to be that. Plus, he's gotta look a bit sickly so that they can film the scene where they put the Super Soldier Serum in him. Kind of like a before and after thing like Tobey Mcguire did in Spider-Man. That's why Neal McDonough would be great. He's already thin so you shoot the ill scenes first, and then let him work out like nuts and report to duty!

McDonough is friggin' great, but he seems more Arian looking to me than Cap like. He'd make an awesome Nazi!

Gotta check him out in Band of Brothers.... I started watching it recently cause my buddy is a war buft. I'm beginning to prefer him over Nathan Fillion now actually. Check him out....

18793008.jpg

must be a Collins thing, but I agree with Noeland, I would not go see this movie if it had Rogen in it...never! (ok, maybe on cable late on a saturday, when I'm having gallstones or kidney stones...at that point, what's a little more torture!)

I agree with Raffi that Cena is almost to COMIC BOOKIE OVER THE TOP to take seriously, but I'd probably see it with him in the lead. I love Mcdonough, BECAUSE of his role in Bad of Brothers (hopefully Raffi, you are watching from the dvd, and not from the butchered up cable version. It's right up there for me as one of the best series EVER!) But he does seem sorta OLD for the role? Doesn't leave much to choose from...

From everything I've read of Cap...he IS to comic-bookie boyscout over-the-top to be taken seriously. Cena has delivered a lot of good stuff lately...his "Rambo" interview, his appearance on Jimmy Fallon and, I'm not sure how "12 Rounds" is as a picture, but he's definitely doing more films. Wimpy pre-Cap Steve Rogers really isn't nearly as important to me for the film as Cap himself. I really hope they don't ruin it with a bunch of "Benjamin Button" CGI work.

John Cena+good director = great Cap movie.

Okay, we can end the Seth Rogen stuff because it's not true. I'm sorry I posted it, but I was in such shock.

In my defense, I originally posted that I thought it was some sort of hoax. I found the original article from April 1st. The Hollywood Reporter apparently ran with it and that's what Jordan saw.

I'm not a religious man, but thank God! I've wanted to see a WW2 Cap movie since I was a kid. Hopefully it won't be ruined by bad casting.

Okay, we can end the Seth Rogen stuff because it's not true. I'm sorry I posted it, but I was in such shock.

In my defense, I originally posted that I thought it was some sort of hoax. I found the original article from April 1st. The Hollywood Reporter apparently ran with it and that's what Jordan saw.

I'm not a religious man, but thank God! I've wanted to see a WW2 Cap movie since I was a kid. Hopefully it won't be ruined by bad casting.

There may be a God after all! :P

• 1 month later...
I don't think I'd like that. He doesn't look American enough and ummm you just got done watching this film haha

At least he IS American...

and not Channing Tatum or Will Smith. He's done a lot of other stuff too. And yes, I appreciated the film.

• 2 weeks later...
At least he IS American...

and not Channing Tatum or Will Smith. He's done a lot of other stuff too. And yes, I appreciated the film.

Yeah but I don't think you need to be American to be Captain America. American films have transformed in to some extremely diverse shit in terms of casting cultures. Look at Jackman as Wolverine.... STRAIGHT up Aussie, playing Wolverine. Works out well. Bale as Batman, things like that.

Definitely not Tatum or Smith. And when I said you just got done watching Twilight, I meant...are you preferring this gentleman as the Cap after only seeing him in Twilight? I never heard of him so I don't know him?

-Raf