THOR

relias33

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Him being King Leonidas was a very big role. Thor is a very big role too so I don't think it would work well. Plus, Gerard Butler is too small even for a ripped/chiseled guy.

What about Gerard Butler?

Give him a wig, and I can see it. As for size, IMDB has him listed at 6'2'' (but we all know how reliable of a source that is ;) ). Still, nothing some trick photography can't fix. Look at Ian McKellen in LOTR.

Yeah I understand that but Thor is 6'6 and 640 pounds. I'm not saying find a guy that big but I loved Kevin Nash for the role because 1. He can act - people are undermining him. And 2. The fucker is almost 7 feet and 350 pounds of solid fuckin muscle.

When Marvel expressed an interest in Triple H, I was neither here or there about it, but I would take him over everyone else if Nash wasn't the man. Triple H is also an undermined actor because he's a wrestler. He's also a big fucker too as we all know.

Nash kinda looks up there in age you know (even though I think he's in his 40s), but if you're talking about him playing Odin or some other god I think he would be fine, just not Thor.

Or for that matter, look at Michael Clarke Duncan in The Green Mile.

I'm almost a foot taller than MCD yet they made him look positively gargantuan.

Of course his natural bulk helped to achieve the trick.

They built risers for MCD to walk on and dug shallow trenches for everyone else to walk in.

No CGI and it was brilliant.

Gerard is cool but he's a Hell of a lot cooler with the shorn hair and the Leonidas beard.

On the street he doesn't look very intimidating at all. He just looks like a bloke.

I know he's far from a star and who knows what kind of actor he really is, but what about Vladimir Kulich who played Buliwyf the lead Viking in The 13th Warrior?

Nah, forget that. He's too old.

Maybe get Stellan Skarsgård for Odin. He was marvelously intimidating in King Arthur.

- TB

Or for that matter, look at Michael Clark Duncan in The Green Mile.

I'm almost a foot taller than MCD yet they made him look positively gargantuan.

Maybe get Stellan Skarsgård for Odin. He was marvelously intimidating in King Arthur.

- TB

You're almost a foot taller than Michael Clarke Duncan? What are u 7'2?

MCD is just about 6'5

As for Stellan Skarsgard.... great choice for Odin.

You're almost a foot taller than Michael Clarke Duncan? What are u 7'2?

MCD is just about 6'5

As for Stellan Skarsgard.... great choice for Odin.

Raf, I stood right next to him and I can tell you unequivocally, no bullshit, he's not even 6' tall.

IMDB is lying to you and everyone else.

I'm 6'4" and he came up to my chin. So I'm not quite a foot taller, I was padding the stats.

- TB

PS - Heh, just photoshop my head onto Triple H's bod. Make me look good ;)

Those fuckers at IMDB. He looks like he's that big though. He's probably 6'2 or something then.

Why don't you audition for Thor Tim? ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FADoss

I wonder what the guy from "Adventures in Babysitting" is doing?

And as for size...Marvel hasn't exactly been true to the comics on that so far and it's worked.

AND, Stallone is like 5 ft tall and he always looks huge in his movies...movie magic is great!

Fred

Tonight KEVIN "THE GOD OF WAR" NASH takes on old WCW nemesis BOOKER T...

kevinnash14vh7.jpg

So listen up all of you tiny shit talkers of RAW: put on SPIKE TV at 9:00 PM Eastern and see why Kevin Nash makes THOR look like a pussy.

-TL

Fred - Vincent D'onafrio is the gentlemen who played Thor in Adventures of Babysitting. He's now Detective Robert Goren on Law and Order: Criminal Intent. He's gained a few pounds and aged a bit since his "Thor" days.

Then.....

Adventures_in_Babysitting_17.sized.jpg

And Now.....

breakup05220641.jpg

I don't think he would work anymore ;)

Yeah it's kinda funny cause he did Full Metal Jacket before Adventures in Babysitting so he dropped a lotttt of weight for that.

• 3 months later...

Looks like Matthew Vaughn is out and Kenneth Branagh is in...

kenet4.png

The film written by Mark Protosevich (The Cell, Poseidon, I Am Legend) is set to open July 16, 2010 as MARVEL's primary gamble in the Summer Blockbuster War.

I honestly had alot more confidence in Vaughn's directing talents after STARDUST, specifically his ability to tell a fantasy-oriented story.

But Branagh has some far more impressive titles under his belt:

-Sleuth (2007)

-The Magic Flute (2006)

-As You Like It (2006)

-William Shakespeare's Love's Labour's Lost (2000)

-William Shakespeare's Hamlet (1996)

-A Midwinter's Tale (1995)

-Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (1994)

-Much Ado About Nothing (1993) Nominated for Best Picture Golden Globe

-Peter's Friends (1992)

-Swan Song (1992) Nominated for Best Live Action Short Film Academy Award

-Dead Again (1991)

-Henry V (1989) Nominated for a Best Director Academy Award

I also like the fact that he looks like my old man.

-TL

I knew Vaughn was out for a while now, I'm not really liking the idea of Branagh doing it for some reason. But nothing is official, so anything can change. Then again I would rather have Branagh, than a Mark Steven Johnson, Lexi Alexander or Brett Ratner doing it. Oh I forgot Tim Story.

Archived