News from Tom - he's looking for a director for MALONE.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard he tried to have his name taken off Highlander 2 (using box office poision 'Alan Smithee' instead), but the DGA wouldn't let him as he wasn't a member. Watched 'Resident Evil: Extinction' recently, and while it was only alright (poor story/script) it did look amazing, Mulcahy can really create some fantactic visuals/sequences.

Good to hear such a seasoned veteran has been lined up, but if Tom wasn't getting compared to Christopher Lambert enough before, he sure will be now after hiring the Highlander director :P Could be worse though, Christopher Lambert was really cool (until he made 'Mortal Kombat ' that is). It was great to see him pop up in Southland Tales, he was one of the better things about it.

Yeah, he's good with visuals, just some of his films haven't been up to par script wise. Give 'Em Hell, Malone is obvious good enough for Jane to have attached himself to it, it should be good.

So will this have a Noir kind of feel to it or will it have balls to the wall action for like 90% of the film like Crank or Shoot 'Em Up? Or both? Either way, congratulations on finding a director. Can't wait to hear more about this.

So will this have a Noir kind of feel to it or will it have balls to the wall action for like 90% of the film like Crank or Shoot 'Em Up? Or both? Either way, congratulations on finding a director. Can't wait to hear more about this.

NOIR all the way baby. i took this on because i've looking for a gritty (hate that word) noir ACTION film that is fast talking and has fun, almost larger than life characters in it and could be potential franchise material, if we do it right.

Russel is gonna make it look cool. if we deliver a good script, we're in the game; the bones are there. right now we've got the guy who wrote MIDNIGHT RUN http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=midni...mp;x=20&y=8 doing the dialogue for us, so i am really hopeful.

NOIR all the way baby. i took this on because i've looking for a gritty (hate that word) noir ACTION film that is fast talking and has fun, almost larger than life characters in it and could be potential franchise material, if we do it right.

Russel is gonna make it look cool. if we deliver a good script, we're in the game; the bones are there. right now we've got the guy who wrote MIDNIGHT RUN http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=midni...mp;x=20&y=8 doing the dialogue for us, so i am really hopeful.

I can't wait for this film B):)

That's great to hear. I can't wait to see this one. Or DC for that matter!

Argh! Hopefully NOTHING like "Shoot Em Up". That film was barely watchable in my opinion. To each his own I guess...

Fred

Guest AdminGuyX

Midnight Run was good though. I just watched that again on Encore, hadn't seen it in years.

And Russell Mulchahy is a good director. He's had some shitty films too.

The first Highlander is one of my very favorites, and I liked RE: Extinction visually speaking. Not a fan of The Shadow, or Queer as Folk, or The Mummy movies he did.

I think he can handle NOIR visuals quite well, and obviously he does action scenes well.

I say: GOOD CHOICE!!

Stallone hired him for Rambo 2, and they didn't click. Like, at all. I almost felt bad for him reading about that.

Hopefully NOTHING like "Shoot Em Up".

Amen. But Mulchahy probably isn't going to take the film in that kind of direction.

Njc------------

Midnight Run was good though. I just watched that again on Encore, hadn't seen it in years.

And Russell Mulchahy is a good director. He's had some shitty films too.

The first Highlander is one of my very favorites, and I liked RE: Extinction visually speaking. Not a fan of The Shadow, or Queer as Folk, or The Mummy movies he did.

I think he can handle NOIR visuals quite well, and obviously he does action scenes well.

I say: GOOD CHOICE!!

Stallone hired him for Rambo 2, and they didn't click. Like, at all. I almost felt bad for him reading about that.

Amen. But Mulchahy probably isn't going to take the film in that kind of direction.

Njc------------

NO SHOOT 'EM UP! this film will have it's own deal going on. notably the old noir sense that i can't think of a new film that has that. sin city tried something like noir but really was it's own thing. this film will be it's own thing also. noir action. little '70's thrown in. right now i'm trying to get a guy named BRADSTREET to do the posters...

NO SHOOT 'EM UP! this film will have it's own deal going on. notably the old noir sense that i can't think of a new film that has that. sin city tried something like noir but really was it's own thing. this film will be it's own thing also. noir action. little '70's thrown in. right now i'm trying to get a guy named BRADSTREET to do the posters...

LOL! that guy Bradstreet is pretty good. I loved the feel of the Lurkers poster. That had a very noir feel to it. The book itself was horror-noir which is awsome. Im so sad that that film fell through. Sorry to go off subject. Anyways, I hope Tim does some posters and I'm glad your going back to a little more of the old noir style. No films since then have matched the witty dialogue that could be found in a noir. This movie is like a wet-dream come true!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.