I SAW IRON MAN TONIGHT!!!

origin1950

Two movies...is all you can come up with for JEFF BRIDGES.

DUDE!

Just breathe, don't pass out now. Have a bit of scotch...lol.

I'm always open to seeing older works or at least good movies. Network and the Eastwood westerns were the proof in the pudding so I'll check what's been mentioned here.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't even get me started on the subject of Jeff Bridges.

OK, do . . .

I've sad this for a looooong time, ask anyone who knows me ;)

Jeff Bridges is the most underrated actor of his generation.

One of THE most underrated actors living.

That's right, I said it . . . .

Shadow, I suggest starting with Wild Bill (directed by Walter Hill).

Fucking absolute sin he was not nominated for his work there.

Then do a 180 and watch young Jeff Bridges in Thunderbolt and Lightfoot (And you get Eastwood and George Kennedy too!)

Then see The Last Picture Show (Directed by Peter Bogdonovich)

After those three you will feel compelled to seek out more Bridges awesomeness.

In fact, after those three go find 8 Million Ways To Die (written by a young Oliver Stone).

Bridges playing a black-out drunk, ex cop will blow you away.

Bridges has survived and excelled in this business since the late 50's (as a child actor), and he's done it with style, grace, and professionalism.

His photographs too, are a marvel to behold - Here's a self portrait with Sam Elliott from The Big Lebowski

pictures.jpg

He developed and built a camera he refers to as a "Widelux" and takes personal pictures on every film he works on.

He makes albums for each film he does and hands them out as gifts after the shoot to the cast and crew.

Awesome

Want to scream with delight? Check out this from Jeff Bridges.com ----->http://www.jeffbridges.com/WorstAlbumCoversEver.pdf

No, seriously, you might choke you'll laugh so hard.

Almost went to see Iron Man tonight but Jim Daly got drunk and stayed home and my other friend Jimmy took a pass as well.

We've re-scheduled for Monday night. I'm ready for my Jeff Bridges fix.

- TB

Almost went to see Iron Man tonight but Jim Daly got drunk and stayed home and my other friend Jimmy took a pass as well.

We've re-scheduled for Monday night. I'm ready for my Jeff Bridges fix.

- TB

Be sure to stay after the credits.

IRON MAN's Domestic gross weekend opening total is officially in:

$98.6 Million

That puts IRON MAN right behind Spider Man 3, X-Men: The Last Stand, Spider Man 2, and Spider Man.

It ranks in 5th place defeating X2: X-Men United.

-TL

I thought it was more than that TL:

Box Office Mojo

Guest FADoss

SPOILER

Saw it tonight...and because of this thread sat through the credits to witness Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury. FANTASTIC!

SPOILER

Saw it tonight...and because of this thread sat through the credits to witness Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury. FANTASTIC!

I never got so giddy of all the superhero movies that I've seen till I saw that scene...I nearly jumped up and down like a 10 year old lol.

I really enjoyed the first three fourths of the film.

As a whole it was way better than most superhero films. I liked it better than Spidey 1.

Don't want to point out my few criticisms as everyone else is head over heels and I don't want to be the guy that tries to rain on the parade.

What I really loved was ILM's effects, Downey, Bridges - though not close to his best, but for what his character was, SOLID.

Mostly I love Bridges' shaven dome and that menacing great beard.

Loved the set-up, the - SPOILERS - rescue of the village and destruction of weapons, the dogfight with the jet fighters, ILM's effects (whoops, I already said that), and ILM's effects ;) Cinematography was nice. Tony testing out the suit was a fun ride too. I want a workshop with machine buddies too.

I didn't appreciate the score to a great degree but that seems inconsequential.

Fun movie.

- TB

Yeah, the finale I don't think reaches it's potential of two men in metal beating the shit out of each other in downtown Los Angeles. But it work ell enough, but ending on the press conference was great, and

Spoiler I guess.

Stark just outing himself. "I am Iron Man."

Also, kudos on the use of a Suicidal Tendencies song, and the fact that only used the solo/end to "Iron Man."

The Box Office race continues...

After only 12 days, Jon Favreau's IRON MAN knocks over Bryan Singer's X-MEN (2000) with a $178 Million Domestic Gross.

This puts IRON MAN in 6th place right behind X2: X-Men United ($215 Million) for Marvel's Overall Domestic Grosses.

With lots of time left, I predict IRON MAN will continue to knock down Singer's X2 and reign supreme at 5th place behind Brett Ratner's blockbuster X-Men: The Last Stand ($234 Million).

*The question is, will the imminent return of Indiana Jones defeat IRON MAN's 2008 box office glory?

-TL

Ok, I finally went to see Iron Man. Waited for the crowds to die down so I could see it by myself, almost. Of course some red neck good ol' boys came in at the last second and ruined parts of the film. Luckily, I went to the main office, told them I couldn't hear the film very clearly and they turned it up. The Red necks were then silenced and shaken by the vibration of the film, and being in the 3rd row. ;)

I've always liked Robert Downey Jr. and in this film he really nailed it. Everything about his character he took from the comic and his interaction and chemistry with the costars was really something to see. He kicked mucho ass.

Bridges was great as usual. I have to agree that I am a fan of his and I can't really see anyone else in that part just like I can't see anyone playing Stark besides Downey Jr. Mrs. Paltrow was also very good. I hadn't seen her in a film in awhile and seeing her with light red hair really made an impression on me.

The graphics were crazy, unbelievable, phenomenal, and just plain scary. But one thing I really liked was the score, it really wrapped me up and took me home with it, so I went and bought it. Damn good. Black Sabbath playing "Iron Man" in the end credits was very nice touch, especially with the blue prints being drawn out and shown. The film was ground breaking and to me was probably the best comic film I've seen besides Batman Begins and Hellboy (My favorite). What's funny is we've already started letting people pre-order it on DVD and Blu-ray and its still in theaters. Crazy. I've pre-ordered it.

And yes, I stayed behind until after the credits to see Sam Jackson as Nick Fury. I have to say that I wasn't too impressed. I still think some other actors could've been chosen as Nick Fury who could have brought something different but I see where they're coming from. Either way, Iron Man kicked my ass, called me names, pulled my hair and went home with my girl, it owned me.

JO

*The question is, will the imminent return of Indiana Jones defeat IRON MAN's 2008 box office glory?

-TL

Indy will take a shit on everyone at the box office. Even the Dark Knight I think. Anyone agree or think I'm crazy?

By the way, wasn't Gweneth Paltrow like really hot in this film? Usually I'm not attracted to her, but she looked really good as Pepper.

Raffi

Guest AdminGuyX
Noeland, why haven't you posted your reaction to the film? No fuckin way you didn't like it. None.

I loved it. Thought it was a really cool flick. I didn't have any real issues with it, and most of my positive feelings have already been covered. But this is easily one of the best super hero films ever, and even outside of that, just as a film about a rich guy building a metal power suit, I thought it stood it's ground really well.

The only problem with the new Indiana Jones film is that Shia LaBeouf kid. I can't stand him.

I must admit to being a little disappointed when I found out he was in it. I don't hate him, I just don't like him, and Indy works best for me when he is free of "tag along" sidekicks, which this character seems to be.

Anyway, I don't think Indy is going to beat Iron Man.

Njc-----------

I loved it. Thought it was a really cool flick. I didn't have any real issues with it, and most of my positive feelings have already been covered. But this is easily one of the best super hero films ever, and even outside of that, just as a film about a rich guy building a metal power suit, I thought it stood it's ground really well.

I must admit to being a little disappointed when I found out he was in it. I don't hate him, I just don't like him, and Indy works best for me when he is free of "tag along" sidekicks, which this character seems to be.

Njc-----------

I agree. I wanted Indy back and just Indy, if they were going to have someone tag along I'd say Sean Connery or no one.

I doubt it'll beat Iron Man either. Sadly.

JO

Njc-----------

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong here...but what I have read and understood is that the reason Shia labeouf

is in the film is because he is the heir to the INDY movies. This is the last appearance of Harrison Ford as Indy and the next 3 movies are to star Shia Lebeouf....who by the way I like. He was to old for transformers and I honestly haven't seen DISTURBIA, but a small sports movie titled, THE GREATEST GAME EVER PLAYED (2005)...he was just fantastic in the lead role playing Francis Ouimet. Here is a trailer http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808610186/v...-147986#2983717

Not to completely hijack this thread. But, I like Shia, Greatest Game... is as irish said, is very good- a lot of credit goes to Shia and let's not forget Bill Paxton for that. Transformers... I've seen the movie too many times :P (and if I look to my right, I'll look at two Transformers posters.) And Disturbia was a lot of fun... but David Morse owns that movie.

The main thing I don't like about Shia (We need to take this to the INDY thread) is that he's trying to be a bad boy and that's just really retarded. There are no such things as bad boys in Hollywood. Like Mickey Rourke said when asked about bad boys in Hollywood, "Anyone of them who thinks they're a bad ass can get their ass thrown in prison and then we'll see how bad they really are. We're actors, we wear make up. How bad ass is that?" I just think he needs to grow up and represent himself better, he's a good actor but getting to where he thinks everyone should kiss his ass. Just my opinion.

JO

Yeah the thing about Shia is that he's gotten himself into some trouble here and there. Seems like he's getting a big head maybe? Transformers and Indy 4 would put a big head on a young man I guess. He was explaining what happened to him when he got arrested at Walgreens in Chicago when he was on David Letterman. Kind of a funny story but yeah, no excuses. He's a good actor. Good potential. Just keep your mouth shut and do your job.