Gallow Walker

johnpweber

I see Gallow Walker finally has a tailer up. I can't even remember how many years it's been since I first heard of this. Funny how this came out around the same time as Wesley's conviction. As for the film, it looks like it has some cool elements, but I don't think it's going to be anything overly amazing. It looks like it will be a fun B-movie, which is fine by me, I have a soft spot for those. Now, if only they'd change the music....

http://www.gallowwalker.com/gallowwalker_trailer/

Oh yeah, Tim did some artwork for it.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?...imageID=6928642

For those that aren't MySpace members, here's a direct look.

GallowWalkerf.jpg

The use of the hard rock track is ass. The comic book panels integrated into the trailer might be an interesting idea if it had been done worth a damn.

As it is, it looks cheap and crappy. Definitely feels like B-Movie goodness in spite of the trailer which I'd rate a "C".

I like the concept, LOVEd the teaser poster (below), and Wesley is fun to watch.

gallowwalker1.jpg

- TB

PS - Three years? For tax evasion? Just fine the fucker. Ain't like he's Al Capone fer Chrissakes.

I feel that was a bit stiff. Actor or no, tax evader or no. Three fucking years behind bars . . .

You'd think he'd been harvesting organs for the black market.

Sheesh.

Guest FADoss

THE PROFESSIONALS! He was great in that.

And lets not forget Keith David in "The Quick and the Dead"...Djimon Hounsou (the only GOOD part of "Renegade" and CLEAVON LITTLE!!!

:)

The thing that had me excited about this is that it's a sub-genera that I LOVE. I only wish there where more films that were Western Horror. The only reason that I saw Ghost Rider was because of the image of the Western Rider. Latley, I see a lot of comics popping up that are Western Horror. Too bad that the one I was really amped up about fell apart. If you have a chance to look at Death Comes to Dillinger, I hightly recomend it. The sequel, Death and the Man Who Would Not Die, had a great premis, but it's been over a year since the 1st issue came out. Too bad.

Guest AdminGuyX

Agree with everything posted on the trailer. I'm not sure what the hell they were thinking, that film obviously has the footage to have a bad ass trailer cut for it - even if the film isn't. The comic book panel stuff looks like it was done with a fisher price video editing system.

:(

Anyway, I'll see it too, because Snipes is a favorite of mine since The Waterdance.

I think the judge got wind of the fact that Snipes is part of an anti-IRS community that is trying to have the IRS abolished saying the 16th amendment was never ratified, and income taxes are unconstitutional.

Or something along those lines. The judge was trying to make him an example to those people.

Yep, they were DEFINITELY making an example out of him.

He's a high profile example to be sure.

People will take notice no doubt.

Failing to even file taxes for a man in his position seems outright stupid.

Who'd he think he was fooling?

Still, three years . . . He's not Gotti!

I guess the message has been sent loud and clear, no one (no citizen) is above the law, even if it was never technically ratified.

This genre . . . yep, I love it too.

Years ago I did a bunch of drawings and sketches for a project I'd come up with called "Zombie Cowboys" (working title).

I wanted to do a sequential remake of The Good The Bad And The Ugly (For those of you playing the home game, il Buono, il Brutto, il Cattivo),

only all the principles are dead. Zombie Clint, Zombie Eli, Zombie Bob Houk . . . er . . Zombie Lee Van Cleef.

Never got around to actually writing it and don't ask me to post any of the sketches, it was YEARS ago and I'd be too embarrassed.

Hey, I also did a bunch of drawings and one panel strips called "Border Nuns From Fresno", about a cabal of hook nosed crones who defend our nations borders with shotguns, spitting tobacci, and cursing like sailors - but you haven't seen that stuff surface yet either.

Only in the privacy of my own studio.

- TB

Guest FADoss

Well I for one can definitely identify with the idea that the American tax system is bullshit! I'm all for abolishing the system. Maybe me, Willie Nelson and Wesley can start a commune in the hills somewhere with Ron Paul as our el presidente.

Fred

Guest FADoss

Yeah...there's this evil rumor going around that rupaul is really a dude. :)

And I know Ron won't get elected US prez. That's why we're starting our cult compound. Duh!

:D

Fred

Years ago I did a bunch of drawings and sketches for a project I'd come up with called "Zombie Cowboys" (working title).

I wanted to do a sequential remake of The Good The Bad And The Ugly (For those of you playing the home game, il Buono, il Brutto, il Cattivo),

only all the principles are dead. Zombie Clint, Zombie Eli, Zombie Bob Houk . . . er . . Zombie Lee Van Cleef.

Never got around to actually writing it and don't ask me to post any of the sketches, it was YEARS ago and I'd be too embarrassed.

Hey, I also did a bunch of drawings and one panel strips called "Border Nuns From Fresno", about a cabal of hook nosed crones who defend our nations borders with shotguns, spitting tobacci, and cursing like sailors - but you haven't seen that stuff surface yet either.

Only in the privacy of my own studio.

- TB

Sounds like they could be future RAW projects to me. I'd love to see Zombie Coyboys.

Guest AdminGuyX

Zombie Cowboys? HA! Sounds like something I would love, and I can certainly imagine what that story would be like with your sensibilities. Fucking fantastic is what.

Dead on Horseback! YEEHAW.

Sorry. Got carried away :)

And I agree by the way, Snipes did not deserve that kind of sentence, no matter what he believes. It's not going to change his mind or his heart where the subject is concerned and in the long right will probably make him a martyr for the cause.

And he'll probably win an appeal based on how emotional and partial the judge sounded when he handed down the sentence.

Guest FADoss

I did a zombie cowboy short...though not in the typical zombie sense.

He was driven only by gold...rather than human flesh. Still pretty funny and pretty cool.

Fred

Ah yes the Andrew Goth film. They were talking about Chow Yun-Fat for the Snipes role at one stage. Trailer looks really bad. Shame - premise had potential in a Jonah Hex kindof way. Sacrilege to Tonino Delli Colli.

Oh to shoot in Namibia.

regards

Andrew

Guest FADoss

Dog Soldiers is the best I've seen and it was lacking to say the least...

I guess Underworld (the first one) was okay...which reminds me that vampire films suffer a similar fate.

Fred

Couple of photos:

gallow01.jpg

gallow02.jpg

• 4 years later...

i heard about this last week. just sounds like blade with spurs and a cowboy hat! but good luck to him!

i just saw the trailer for this...not good!