• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Multiple gunshot wounds, some self inflicted to take out Electra, and exhaution. All to get to Kingpin. The last issue starts with Frank dead and Nick Fury reminicing about his work. It's a pretty good issue.

I was excited about Aaron's run, but it did seem to get a bit shakey at times. The last few arcs where pretty damn good. Aaron tried to stay with Ennis' run and did a decent job. When I heard he was killing Frank, I didn't think he could do it justice, but he pulled it off. Sad to see MAX end, but I'm sure it will be back.

Unfortunatly, yes. I've always like her as a character, and in this she was just a throw away. Could have done so much more, hell, she could have had her own MAX series. That's the sad part of MAX. Marvel does not use it to it's potential. Still have to check out Deadpool MAX. I've been hearing good things.

FUCK. I'm an idiot. I come on this thread at the last minute and then this is what I see. God dammit. Why did I have to be so curious?

Well, I still gotta read it....

...and we all know that Frank may be dead, but he aint really dead.

Btw, Whats goin on guys! Been a minute. Hope everyone is jolly as fuck and living the good life.

-Raffi

Guest AdminGuyX

RAF!! How have you been?

Marvel is renouned, well so is DC, for killing off characters and then bringing them back. Marvel has setup entirely new sideverse lines of books just so they can kill their entire line up of characters. The last Marvel book I picked up was Old Man Logan, and that book took place in a world where most heroes were dead and gone.

Noeland my boy! I been good. Busy as helllllll but good. How's everything with you? How's your back?

Yeah the way it plays in my head is the Castle will wake up and pick up where he left off. His conscience will probably tell him he's got work to do.

So umm, lets bring back Ennis and Tim and have a little fun shall we?

The Frank from the MAX universe is dead, the MAX universe is like the Ultimate Marvel universe - dead is dead. But from what I've read the Ennis Fury book actually may not be in continuity with his Punisher series, so a version of Frank Castle may be used in that book here and there. If there was to be another MAX Punisher series, it would probably start from scratch.

But he's still kicking ass in the 616, rocking the Snake Plisskin look these days.

the_punisher.jpg

Tim- he better be. The MAX version, especially under Ennis was voiced perfectly. I like what Aaron did with some of Frank's backstory, but didnt care for how it ended. Prefer "The Punisher: The End" much more. Just a personal opinion. Also, Tim, if he does come back, you better be on covers.

• 3 weeks later...

I misread the line about the art and creator info coming soon. Still, it would be kind of interesting to hear why some stories make it to the page and why some do. Wonder if Dillion is coming back for this or if they are getting a new artist?

It would be cool if they got Tim to do a cover or two ;) Maybe they could go Bad Planet style and get some of the more prolific Punisher artists to do covers.

Esco, totally agree. I love Aaron's work on Scalped, but overall, the Punisher run was a bit lacking. He's get some good stuff going, then it would dip back down to just okay. Overall, it was a good run, but uneven. Rucka on the other hand it nailing it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a good thing. At this point, I figure they are probably going to water him down after the Disney buy-out and the sucsess of the other Marvel films, but this was just a bad idea from the start.

It would be kind of cool if Marvel would do something with the street level characters, try and get Daredevil and Ghost Rider back, and do what they did with the Avengers. Maybe toss in Iron Fist and Luke Cage...