• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A movie about Frank Castle and at the end how he turns into the Punisher. That's something possible. Or maybe he was just saying his name.... who knows. It'd be nice to see how he was a Marine and show him going through war, coming home, going on a picnic, the massacre, waking up and seeing how the law enforcement doesn't do shit and then BOOM he snaps and then it sets up the next film. Could be done

It's hard to picture another person other than Tom portraying The Punisher. That's why I never went and saw Ray Stevenson.

HBO should jump on board with The Punisher. It could even be a mini-series. That wouldn't be too much to ask.

Stevenson was pretty good (really he was about the only good thin in Punisher: War Zone). And you know so was Dolph, each actor has brought different elements of Castle to the screen.

Either they'll ask Tom back or get someone significantly cheaper.

Working on building bases, I have not seen a lot of the DC DTV animated show that have been flooding out, but they seem to be doing pretty good in the marketplace. Maybe they could do a few animated Punisher DVD's (Something in the vein of HBO's Spawn, or even the Batman animated series that was out in the 90's).

There's a lot they can do, they just need to hit the right market. I think by doing some dark animated stuff (R-rated would be nice, but even PG-13 can get pretty dark now days) they could expand that base a bit more, or at least try. Failing on a DTV animated flick is much better than failing on an actual film.

I'm impressed with what Marvel has done so far, but I've been that way with the DC films of late (minus Superman) but look what they did with Jonah Hex. Punisher is Marvel's version of Hex (or vise versa) I's like to see them test the water before plunging in.

Working on building bases, I have not seen a lot of the DC DTV animated show that have been flooding out, but they seem to be doing pretty good in the marketplace. Maybe they could do a few animated Punisher DVD's (Something in the vein of HBO's Spawn, or even the Batman animated series that was out in the 90's).

There's a lot they can do, they just need to hit the right market. I think by doing some dark animated stuff (R-rated would be nice, but even PG-13 can get pretty dark now days) they could expand that base a bit more, or at least try. Failing on a DTV animated flick is much better than failing on an actual film.

I'm impressed with what Marvel has done so far, but I've been that way with the DC films of late (minus Superman) but look what they did with Jonah Hex. Punisher is Marvel's version of Hex (or vise versa) I's like to see them test the water before plunging in.

Marvel is planning a prime time animated series geared more toward adults. I think it's going to be called Marvel Knights, the Punisher popping up in that series seems like a given.

Hey! There it is!

Cool. I'll post in hot off the boards too.

What I've been hearing on the wire is that the new Punisher may likely be a TV series.

I ran into Feige the other night at the Sci-Fi (I can't yet bring myself to use the other spelling) party and he's looking at both options pretty seriously.

Hung out with Perlman and asked him if he'd do the audio version of Red Sky Diary novel and he looked at me flat dead-eye for about 3 seconds . . .

Then said, Timmy, write it in stone.

Oh YEAH.

- TB

Hey! There it is!

What I've been hearing on the wire is that the new Punisher may likely be a TV series.

I ran into Feige the other night at the Sci-Fi (I can't yet bring myself to use the other spelling) party and he's looking at both options pretty seriously.

Hung out with Perlman and asked him if he'd do the audio version of Red Sky Diary novel and he looked at me flat dead-eye for about 3 seconds . . .

Oh YEAH.

- TB

Man, what I would do to get on that writing team.

Hey! There it is!

Oh YEAH.

- TB

That is some awesome news on all counts. And yeah, SyFy seems like it's British slang for VD.

"Old chaps got a touch of the syfy."

Yeah so why did they change the spelling of it?

I filmed a proof of concept, post apocalyptic short and the creator is trying to get the SCI FI channel to pick it up.

Hey! There it is!

Oh YEAH.

- TB

Perlman? Gives me goose bumps just thinking about it. He has such a great voice. Is Perlman the only one you had in mind?

Yeah so why did they change the spelling of it?

I filmed a proof of concept, post apocalyptic short and the creator is trying to get the SCI FI channel to pick it up.

I don't know, to be more hip.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hot Rods of Death and Get Castle were some of the better Punisher things to come out last year.

Tom, you and Tim should hit up Marvel and pitch them a one-shot or a mini, maybe put a bug in there ear when/if they get Frank moving again in the right direction film-wise ;)

Yeah, pretty Garth's MAX run was perfect. The MAX one-shot have been hit or miss, Hot Rods of Death, Get Castle, Little Black Book, Tiny Ugly World (not really a Frank story, but a pretty interesting and fucked up read) have been the good ones.

Which brings Franken-Castle, I have love/hate thing with that one. I loved that Marvel was doing this type of story with most of their monster characters, but the inclusion of Castle just didn't seem right. I really liked the art though.

Yeah, pretty Garth's MAX run was perfect. The MAX one-shot have been hit or miss, Hot Rods of Death, Get Castle, Little Black Book, Tiny Ugly World (not really a Frank story, but a pretty interesting and fucked up read) have been the good ones.

Which brings Franken-Castle, I have love/hate thing with that one. I loved that Marvel was doing this type of story with most of their monster characters, but the inclusion of Castle just didn't seem right. I really liked the art though.

I really liked Franken-Castle. Apart from the ending, I thought it was a solid story that far too many people were willing to shit on before giving it a chance.

My other main gripes were the changing of artists too frequently. Yeah, every other story arc is fine, but when one issue has 3 guys doing 3 different styles in the middle of the action, it irks me.

I really liked Franken-Castle. Apart from the ending, I thought it was a solid story that far too many people were willing to shit on before giving it a chance.

My other main gripes were the changing of artists too frequently. Yeah, every other story arc is fine, but when one issue has 3 guys doing 3 different styles in the middle of the action, it irks me.

I liked it too, I just would have probably loved it without the Franken-Castle stuff, and if they just grabbed some obscure character instead Castle. But then their wouldn't have been the whole Frankenstein pun stuff going on. But it was fun, which is something a lot of comics these days are lacking.

I liked it too, I just would have probably loved it without the Franken-Castle stuff, and if they just grabbed some obscure character instead Castle. But then their wouldn't have been the whole Frankenstein pun stuff going on. But it was, which is something a lot of comics these days are lacking.

I was really disappointed that they had to just return everything back to status quo by the end of the story. Really, anyone can pretty much ignore the Franken-Castle arc and not miss a beat.

While I usually hate whenever someone says "well what they should have done..", but I was hoping for some kind of conflict about whether he would want to turn back into a human. As this giant hulking beast he was 10 times stronger and could take more damage than before (a sword through the bloody throat!).

But that's what I get for really getting into a major publishing book.