• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FADoss
SHOCKED???

Have you seen The Dark Knight?

Answer me this:

If Batman had just died during the Scarecrow scene, would the rest of the film be affected?

-TL

Ummm...It's a Batman film...

This is another one of those cases of you posting obnoxiously stupid shit just to get people pissed off.

I think anyone with half a brain would know that if you kill BATMAN during the opening scene of a BATMAN film that it would affect the movie.

If you could at least ground your arguments in ANY kind of reality, you MIGHT be fun to have around.

Contrary to you belief, the Joker was a SUPPORTING role.

Fred

Fred, WHY do you have to be SOOOO close minded?

Everyone that saw Dark Knight that isn't pointlessly stubborn KNOWS The Joker was the lead character.

Go around the web if you have to.

You are ALL alone in this.

P.S. You need to look up the definition of "Supporting Role" because you clearly have no idea what it means.

I'm already gonna assume you think Daniel Day Lewis' character Bill "The Butcher" Cutting in Gangs of New York was a supporting character too.

-TL

Why would I?

The Dark Knight was just as much about Batman as it was The Joker. Then again I'm not going to lose any sleep if Ledger doesn't win an Oscar anyway.

Why would I?

The Dark Knight was just as much about Batman as it was The Joker. Then again I'm not going to lose any sleep if Ledger doesn't win an Oscar anyway.

Ok, so if the movie is about both these men equally WHY are you challenging Ledger's Best Actor nod?

Fred is REALLY hard-headed, so its gonna take a while for him to digest this.

Just because the movie is called The Dark Knight doesn't mean Batman was the central character of the film.

Nolan made a Joker movie and it is pointless to suggest otherwise.

Dent's role is comparable to Batman's.

The Joker did it all.

-TL

I'm not challenging anything, I don't even give a shit if he gets a nomination.

So WHY did you post that little comment about "Fanboys want Heath to win to justify comic book movie greatness"???

When I said that, I meant ---> Critics.

REAL people.

Not kids.

Kids don't even know who Mickey Rourke is.

*My mistake, kids probably found out from SIN CITY.

Oh Brother.

-TL

Guest FADoss
Fred, WHY do you have to be SOOOO close minded?

Everyone that saw Dark Knight that isn't pointlessly stubborn KNOWS The Joker was the lead character.

Go around the web if you have to.

You are ALL alone in this.

P.S. You need to look up the definition of "Supporting Role" because you clearly have no idea what it means.

I'm already gonna assume you think Daniel Day Lewis' character Bill "The Butcher" Cutting in Gangs of New York was a supporting character too.

-TL

Close minded....almost as funny as your "fan film" remarks in the War Zone thread. Do you realize how much you must hate yourself?

Fred

• 2 weeks later...

That scene's been on Youtube for months.

If Heath doesn't get a Best Actor nod and they fuck him over with Best Supporting Actor, Mickey WILL win.

wrestlereb9.jpg

Its a tough call for me that might get even tougher if Hugh Jackman gets Nominated for AUSTRALIA.

Three men I look up to a great deal.

-TL

Goddammit this film looks good.

So glad it's finally all come back around for Mickey.

The scene with his daughter is gut wrenching.

Now I have to avoid watching any more clips.

I hate doing that but somehow I couldn't resist.

- TB

Here's a great slideshow of Mickey over the years (brings back memories):

http://theenvelope.latimes.com/env-mickey-...56.photogallery

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice article this week in ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY with Mickey Rourke. It's well worth the read...but I'd love to have heard the whole thing live before it was edited and censored!

• 2 weeks later...