Terminator: Salvation

Tiara

"Bale said that he asked to be consulted about who would play Worthington opposite him.

"There's a benefit of currently a lot of people in the States not being familiar with him, and so you can really enjoy that performance that much more," Bale said. "He's got so many movies that are going to be coming out, because many other people have realized that he's bloody good."'

I think they meant, who would play WRIGHT since Worthington IS the actor they chose. VERY cool compliments from Bale to Worthington on his abilities. What an honor.

I for one am VERY happy to hear about MORE Bale and MORE Connor.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new clip was better than great. I'm getting to the point where I can't even belive I even doubted this was going to be good (Come on, McG. That's cause enough ;) )

I'm glad justaguy pointed out Michael Ironside was in this, I've compleatly missed it so far. Ironside has been under rated his whole career, it's a shame.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Terminator Salvation. Overall, I'd give it a 4 out of 5. I was expecting more, and at some points the movie was a bit predictable. The music was...well...if you're a Danny Elfman fan, then you'll enjoy it. Could've gotten someone else for the score, but that's just my opinion. Go see it!

As a reminder, Chris Browning from "Dark Country" plays Morrison in the T4 film. Way to go Chris! I haven't seen the film yet, but plan to do a double feature this weekend with Star Trek. Tired of waiting for the drive in to pull it's head out.

I really like this film. Is it as good as the first two? No, of course not. Better than T3? Yes! It was a good film, and I'll probably see it again. The "appearance" of Arnold was great and they played it out better than I thought they would. I was pretty sure that there was going to be a "wink and a nod" when the reveal came, but there wasn't. Did it have it's flaws, sure, but over all, it was what I was hoping for.

The realizaton for Marcus was not what I had hoped, the trailer had made it a much more powerful scene. Other than that, the only thing that really bugged me (besides the frist 10 minutes, God that was awful) was I thought they stole/recycled too many scenes from the first two films, but that's only a minor gripe.

HORRIBLE ending! Hated it. Made no sense at all for anyone with any rational understanding of such things. I REALLY liked Sam Worthington and the action was great. There were several things that were just stupid though. Overall it's good up until the end, but I really could have waited until DVD.

I also didn't like Bale in this...and those who know me know that I LOVE Bale. Thought Reese was great. Oh, and DEFINITELY not enough Chris.

Disappointed...

You can blame the internet for the ending, while not perfect at least the original ending would have been interesting.

That prologue should have been cut, as it was pretty much useless.

Must be out of the loop on how the ending was affected by the internet.

You can blame the internet for the ending, while not perfect at least the original ending would have been interesting.

That prologue should have been cut, as it was pretty much useless.

Although it was not a great ending, I prefered it over the original.

It deffinatly could be interesting, but I'd rather keep John than have a Terminator in his place.

People seem to hate it, but I have to say that for me, I had fun. There were flaws that bothered me, the first 10 minutes were not only horendious, but had little to no point, but even though the trailer with the NIN song was amazing, I was going in expecting Charlie's Angles with Terminators in their place.

The plan for the original ending got leaked on the internet so they changed it.

Looks like we were punished!

So a field heart transplant with no drugs to prevent rejection (usually a life time deal) from a Terminator who just happens to have a human heart (like an artificial one wouldn't work just fine) and is miraculously a donor match. Stupid. I was really hoping that we would end the movie with both Connor and Marcus in tact, thinking someone MIGHT have read the Burning Earth comics where a terminator very similar to Marcus is a part of the resistance, but NO. Senseless crap. And what the hell was with the John Connor nod. "Yeah, give up your life for me. I'm worth it." If Bale was really into character as this self-important egotistical asshole, then it's no wonder he almost killed the DP.

Fred

I did enjoy the T800 scene.

Wow, critics are really bashing TS all over the place. I thought it was good. I really think a lot of people were going in expecting a James Cameron film.

Another thing I heard about this one and tend to agree with is that nothing really happened. The threat factor in this one in no way resembled the first 3.

Another thing I heard about this one and tend to agree with is that nothing really happened. The threat factor in this one in no way resembled the first 3.

Yeah, I can agree with that. It didn't really pick up until towards the end of the movie.

Terry Crews as Best Supporting Actor In A Non-Living Role!

I just saw it, and I wasn't disappointed because I wasn't expecting much. It was very Meh for me. I just didn't really care what happened, and the whole movie just had no point, except for getting Connor and Reese together.

I was also really hoping to have Worthington back for the sequel, but that won't happen. He was the only character in the movie that I cared about. Oh well, another lame blockbuster in 2009.

On a side note, I couldn't believe Michael Ironside died. That's never happened to any of his characters

:rolleyes:

*********SPOILERS IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN IT YET!!!!!**********

I finally saw this today. Sam Worthington stole the movie. He was just terrific, as was Yelchin. Bale was Bale and for the life of me I don't see the appeal of Brice Dallas Howard and as much as I like Michael Ironside his mere presence said "direct to DVD" so he was a distraction for me. I kept looking for Jane Badler eating guinea pigs in the corner. The story was Sci Fi channel quality but it did have several cool adrenalin pumping action scenes. Stupid shit made me roll my eyes until I just decided to stop trying to make sense of things like why Terminators would build autointelligent motorcycles that could be ridden by humans. Why would they need external throttles or steering???? Oh, yeah, so Bale could ride one in a "cool scene" >yawn< I'm a little confused as to why Marcus was inactive all those years and how it was known they'd need him as an infiltrator so many years in the future. Did I miss something pertinent between all the explosions? LOVED the AH-nold cameo. Thought it worked really well. Overall, it's a B- or a C. It woulda been a hard D without Worthington.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to see the movie with relatively low expectations, so I wasn't disappointed. TS has some great action and effects in an atmospheric post-apocalyptic setting. I liked the different machines. It never gets boring and stays suspenseful to the end, even though I would have liked to see more "calm" moments for characterization. The biggest weakness of the film is plot and character. Not everything is bad there, but there was much more potential. I hope that we will get an extended cut on DVD with 10-20 more minutes, which could improve Salvation like the DC of Riddick did for example. It should also fix some of the plotholes.

One aspect that really comes too short for me in the theatrical cut is the relationship between John Connor and his wife, who is obviously

pregnant

. There are a couple of scene transitions where you can really notice that something has been cut out, especially when you know the trailers and clips.

The character of Marcus is pretty interesting and brings a cool, new element into the T-universe. Noticeable are the religious undertones of the character,

you see him in the Jesus pose like he is on a cross two times. He has a resurrection and sacrifices himself/his heart for Connor and so in a way for the whole mankind

. I think there is also a deleted scene where he hides in a church... his interaction with Kyle Reese is very well done and all the references to the previous films, especially part 1 and 2, are very good in general. Most of the other characters are very flat and I hope that we will get to see more on the DVD!

The score is pretty average, I expected more. The text-intro is also kind of lame, they should have done it visually or leave it out entirely. A positive surprise is the casting, especially with Anton Yelchin and Sam Worthington. Christian Bale gives a very solid performance as well, even though he just didn't have much to work with, at least not in this theatrical cut. It was nice to see Michael Ironside in a big production again :P

The ending isn't that bad I think, but it could have been much better of course. I would like to see a Terminator 5, but I hope for a different writer and director!

7 out of 10 Terminators

I appreciate this thoughtful review. It makes me more interested in seeing the movie than I had been before. Thanks.

I went to see the movie with relatively low expectations, so I wasn't disappointed. TS has some great action and effects in an atmospheric post-apocalyptic setting. I liked the different machines. It never gets boring and stays suspenseful to the end, even though I would have liked to see more "calm" moments for characterization. The biggest weakness of the film is plot and character. Not everything is bad there, but there was much more potential. I hope that we will get an extended cut on DVD with 10-20 more minutes, which could improve Salvation like the DC of Riddick did for example. It should also fix some of the plotholes.

One aspect that really comes too short for me in the theatrical cut is the relationship between John Connor and his wife, who is obviously

pregnant

. There are a couple of scene transitions where you can really notice that something has been cut out, especially when you know the trailers and clips.

The character of Marcus is pretty interesting and brings a cool, new element into the T-universe. Noticeable are the religious undertones of the character,

you see him in the Jesus pose like he is on a cross two times. He has a resurrection and sacrifices himself/his heart for Connor and so in a way for the whole mankind

. I think there is also a deleted scene where he hides in a church... his interaction with Kyle Reese is very well done and all the references to the previous films, especially part 1 and 2, are very good in general. Most of the other characters are very flat and I hope that we will get to see more on the DVD!

The score is pretty average, I expected more. The text-intro is also kind of lame, they should have done it visually or leave it out entirely. A positive surprise is the casting, especially with Anton Yelchin and Sam Worthington. Christian Bale gives a very solid performance as well, even though he just didn't have much to work with, at least not in this theatrical cut. It was nice to see Michael Ironside in a big production again :P

The ending isn't that bad I think, but it could have been much better of course. I would like to see a Terminator 5, but I hope for a different writer and director!

7 out of 10 Terminators

*********SPOILERS IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN IT YET!!!!!**********

Stupid shit made me roll my eyes until I just decided to stop trying to make sense of things like why Terminators would build autointelligent motorcycles that could be ridden by humans. Why would they need external throttles or steering???? Oh, yeah, so Bale could ride one in a "cool scene" >yawn<

This is how I chose to see that

They're built around an pre-manufactured bike so all the functions are still there... Yes, I went the easy way. :P