It's probably like someone said a while back. With the recent success of The Wrestler, the studios are using Rourke's comeback to promote the movie, and heavily featuring him in the promos from the looks of it. But if the studios had had any sense, they could have released this movie two years ago when The Mist came out and cross-promoted the hell out of them with Thomas as the lead (or co-lead) in both. But since they're most likely from different studios, that would never happen.

"The Mist" and "Killshot" are infact BOTH from the same studio, The Weinstein Company.

In fact, it is the Weinsteins who screwed-up the release of BOTH films.

I think "Killshot" was intended as a Diane Lane vehicle, but now she has quit showbusiness and Rourke is hot again they are giving him as much of the promotion as Diane Lane.

I have seen the movie and it is not bad at all. Rourke, Diane Lane, and of course, Thomas Jane are all great in it.

I'm not convinced about Rosario Dawson or Joe Gordon-Levitt though. They are good actors but I don't think they were well casted or suited their characters.

I hope the DVD has the extended Directors cut of the movie. Maybe even with Johnny Knoxville in it!

I also hope Diane Lane changes her mind. She was a talented (and beautiful) lady. It would be great to see her and Thomas Jane in another movie in the future. Hopefully the Weinsteins have nothing to do with it!!!

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Mist" and "Killshot" are infact BOTH from the same studio, The Weinstein Company.

In fact, it is the Weinsteins who screwed-up the release of BOTH films.

I think "Killshot" was intended as a Diane Lane vehicle, but now she has quit showbusiness and Rourke is hot again they are giving him as much of the promotion as Diane Lane.

I have seen the movie and it is not bad at all. Rourke, Diane Lane, and of course, Thomas Jane are all great in it.

I'm not convinced about Rosario Dawson or Joe Gordon-Levitt though. They are good actors but I don't think they were well casted or suited their characters.

I hope the DVD has the extended Directors cut of the movie. Maybe even with Johnny Knoxville in it!

I also hope Diane Lane changes her mind. She was a talented (and beautiful) lady. It would be great to see her and Thomas Jane in another movie in the future. Hopefully the Weinsteins have nothing to do with it!!!

Well, hell, that explains everything!!! That both of these movies came from the Weinsteins and both got royally screwed just makes perfect sense. I don't know the Weinsteins, but I know that they've put out some great movies, but lately, I've not heard a lot of great things about them and their business savvy (or lack thereof, from all reports).

Figures.

• 2 weeks later...

Some new action photo from Killshot:

KillshotTJMR.jpg

:P

haha. Killshot was really cool and I was surprised to see TJ so much in it. Judging by his screentime he should have made the cover at least. I have no idea why they wouldn't do a wide us release for it either... as there are so many bad movies that do.

Actually, by looking at the pic, the first song that came to mind is the one you have in your profile pic.

"Es ist mein teeeeeil." :P

Did you see that Völkerball DVD? I've never heard French people sing in German so fluently. I've even learnt more German from Rammstein than from 5 years at school. Can't wait to hear their new album.

haha. Killshot was really cool and I was surprised to see TJ so much in it. Judging by his screentime he should have made the cover at least. I have no idea why they wouldn't do a wide us release for it either... as there are so many bad movies that do.

Actually, by looking at the pic, the first song that came to mind is the one you have in your profile pic.

"Es ist mein teeeeeil." :P

Did you see that Völkerball DVD? I've never heard French people sing in German so fluently. I've even learnt more German from Rammstein than from 5 years at school. Can't wait to hear their new album.

Haha, nice bit of off-topic, Nighthawk!! :lol::lol::lol:

Of course I've seen Völkerball and Mein Teil is one of my favourite Rammstein songs and videos (hence the avatar pic).

I LOVE Rammstein, got all their stuff on CD and DVD. They're the coolest German band and I can't wait for their new album! :P

But YES - I'd love to hear their music in a TJ film (going back to the topic, at least I'm trying! :rolleyes: )

Haha. Discussing Rammstein is nevah' off-topic! :P

Well, maybe it is... solleeey..

Anyways! Looking forward to the DVD release of this flick, hope it includes lots of extras. My fav in it was Joseph Gordon-Levitt actually. He also reminded me alot of Heath Ledger. I wonder how the original version was like...

I already pre-ordered my copy of Killshot.

I really can't wait to see it!!

Not sure if this was mentioned before, but Elvis tunes are featured, supposedly, on the Kilshot soundtrack and in the movie; here's a link to the short article:

http://www.elvisnews.com/news.aspx/killsho...undtracks/11661

For those of you who've seen the movie, were there songs by Elvis in the movie, maybe 3 in total? Just curious, and continuing the music talk. ;)

Jen

Unfortunately the DVD doesn't seem to have any extras, let alone the director's cut. What a shame!

The New York Times reviews Killshot in their Home Video section online, and it's

a favorable review. Check out this line and read more at site:

""Killshot" is a tough, uncompromising picture that has much more in common with

the no-hope noirs of the '40s and '50s than with the test-marketed pap no one is

ashamed to release today. Hossein Amini's screenplay misses Mr. Leonard's dark

humor, but that's a small price to pay for preserving his hardnosed tone."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/03/movies/h...umdvd.html?_r=1

As a bonus, Patricia's film Beyond Rangoon, finally on DVD, is also reviwed. :)

Jen

Here's a review of Killshot with lots of reader comments too:

"The storylines here need more room to breathe, but they aren’t the main attraction in “Killshot.” It’s the fine cast, an eclectic assortment of stars who rise above the narrative gaps."

and

"“The Informers,” a drama with a similar grade of actors, earned a wide theatrical release last month. So why couldn’t the far superior “Killshot” get the same level of respect?"

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/cftoto/2...eview-killshot/

Jen

I see the DVD release date for Killshot is May 26 in US and CA! My son and ex-hubby are Ironworkers so it will have a special appeal for me!

Big fan of Rourke and Lane too........gotta be good!

copied this from a listing:

Movie description

John Madden (SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE) directs this taut thriller adapted from a novel by Elmore Leonard (OUT OF SIGHT). Wayne (Thomas Jane, THE PUNISHER) and his wife, Carmen (Diane Lane, UNFAITHFUL), are in way over their heads after getting wrapped up in a con perpetrated by a scam artist (Joseph Gordon-Levitt, BRICK) and his partner (Mickey Rourke, THE WRESTLER), who also happens to be a hitman. Desperate to stay alive, can Wayne and Carmen avoid the bullets? Adapted by Hossein Amini (THE FOUR FEATHERS), this film also stars Rosario Dawson (SIN CITY).

Hey there tjrox -

Just so you are aware, we already have a thread open on Killshot.

Everything is covered from the announcement of the film all the way to the current topic, which is the dvd release.

11 pages of goodness and frustration (waiting to discover the fate of the film).

It's a fun read! ;)

I'll be merging your thread into the original. Just a heads up.

Also, to all, before starting a new topic please always check to be sure there isn't already a topic open on the subject.

Sometimes that requires a little digging if the topic hasn't been discussed lately, but we do appreciate the effort!

Thanks - TB

Just pre ordered mine on Amazon!

Hey there tjrox -

Just so you are aware, we already have a thread open on Killshot.

Everything is covered from the announcement of the film all the way to the current topic, which is the dvd release.

11 pages of goodness and frustration (waiting to discover the fate of the film).

It's a fun read! ;)

I'll be merging your thread into the original. Just a heads up.

Also, to all, before starting a new topic please always check to be sure there isn't already a topic open on the subject.

Sometimes that requires a little digging if the topic hasn't been discussed lately, but we do appreciate the effort!

Thanks - TB

Here are 2 blogger reviews of Killshot:

There are major spoilers near the end of this first review (the blogger warns the

reader), so proceed with caution. The writing is also a bit disjointed, so it's

hard to make total sense of the proceedings - LOL -:

"Mickey Rourke gives a powerful performance as an aging, all-business hit man

teaming with an out of control young thug to terrorize a recently divorced

couple."

http://moviereviewzoo.blogspot.com/2009/05...lshot-2008.html

and

Here's the second blogger's review of Killshot - a very astute synopsis of the film

that gives detail about the 4 main chracters; there are possible minor spoilers,

so read at your own risk:

""Killshot" is a dense maze of idiosyncratic characters looking to crime for

their salvation, but finding their plans slipping right out of their hands..."

http://www.brianorndorf.com/2009/05/film-r...w-killshot.html

Jen

Ooh, I've got to order this one! I gotta see this! Gotta get on Amazon tonight and order this. Couple more that I've been meaning to get too, so it's a good time to go ahead and kill two birds with one stone, lol!

I saw a couple of the dvds on eBay, and it still bugs me that they chose to cut Thomas out of the promotions almost completely. What a rip!

• 2 weeks later...

I got the Canadian bluray today and "KILLSHOT" looks great! Almost 3D!!

The film is fine. Very straight-ahead 80's style action thriller. Nothing amazing but certainly deserving of a wide theatrical release.

Tom Jane is great as Wayne Colson and he shares some excellent moments with Diane Lane.

Mickey Rourke is also good. I though Joe Gordon Levitt was a little OTT and Rosario Dawson was underused.

A shame this movie has been treated this badly.

Go for it and buy the bluray or the DVD. Worth seeing!!!

“KILLSHOT” is also available on BLURAY disc for those interested. I’ve got and the film is EXTENDED by 11 minutes and plays much better than the “online” version.

THOMAS, MICKEY ROURKE and DIANE LANE are excellent (the other characters less so).

DIANE LANE quit showbusiness after this movie. A shame… she was a classy, talented and beautiful actress who was vastly underrated and often overlooked.

Link to bluray:

http://www.amazon.ca/Killshot-Blu-ray/dp/B...7795&sr=1-1

“KILLSHOT” is also available on BLURAY disc for those interested. I’ve got and the film is EXTENDED by 11 minutes and plays much better than the “online” version.

THOMAS, MICKEY ROURKE and DIANE LANE are excellent (the other characters less so).

DIANE LANE quit showbusiness after this movie. A shame… she was a classy, talented and beautiful actress who was vastly underrated and often overlooked.

Link to bluray:

http://www.amazon.ca/Killshot-Blu-ray/dp/B...7795&sr=1-1

Rented this today! Loved Mickey Rourke in this, he plays a reserved almost Teddy Bear like killer. doesnt make any sense does it but you'll get it if ya see it. His accomplice is a real shit head, just wanna shoot his crazy ass!

Tommy was adoreable and ohhhh my Gosh he played an Ironworker and I am from a family of Ironworkers so i liked his character alot. I so got Diane Lane too, she so sick of the macho drinkin playboy shit i guess, although its not real detailed what the marriage problem is. kinda unrealistic the way the two got along for being separated. All in all, I give it an 8. Thanks Tom for another good movie!!!! keep em coming!

Finally got to see it myself now.

I liked it, nice bit of easy going entertainment. Felt a bit like a TV movie.

But I gotta say: it kind of left me feeling a bit "empty". As great as the cast was - the film didn't really make that much sense to me. You could just really tell, that a lot of stuff was cut. :unsure:

LOVED Joseph Gordon-Levitt! You can't beat a character you love to hate.... Just got the complete box set of 3rd Rock From The Sun, he's great in that (of course John Lithgow steals the show!!). In my opinion one of the most original and funniest US sitcoms ever.

So, all in all, I was a touch disappointed in Killshot, although it was great to see TJ in something "new". ;)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.