Aaaaaagggghhh!! :angry:

I was just about to post this, Jen. I saw the same article.

The Weinstein Co. is very quickly becoming as bad as Lionsgate, if not worse. Their handling of this movie is nothing short of idiotic! This is so frustrating. I just want to see this movie already! It would almost be better if they would just release it straight to dvd already, instead of playing this tug-of-war with it.

I wish these guys would get it together already.

Usually the Weinsteins are shit when it comes to their foreign films (mostly of the Asian kind). Looks like they're trying something new.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody relax, we all saw this coming.

The Weinsteins are just waiting for Mickey's Nomination to be official.

The movie will hit theatres when Mickey Rourke becomes "Academy Award Nominee Mickey Rourke".

THE WRESTLER OPENS DECEMBER 19

-TL

Everybody relax, we all saw this coming.

The Weinsteins are just waiting for Mickey's Nomination to be official.

The movie will hit theatres when Mickey Rourke becomes "Academy Award Nominee Mickey Rourke".

THE WRESTLER OPENS DECEMBER 19

-TL

I think that was the original intention with Killshot when The Mist opened. Harvey was going on and on about Tom's proformance (and he should) and I think Killshot was supposed to ride on the sucess of The Mist, only it didn't pan out that way. Too bad it couldn't come out last year, but at least we get to see it.

I loved Marcia Gay Harden a lot, but let's face it, she had the easier role, all she had to do was dial it up to 11.

Wasnt this the movie where they had to film reshoots shortly after production wrapped? I've been waiting for this one a long time and am damn near ready to give up on it...About the Mist, I agree that Marcia Gay Harden stood out in that film, her character was so despicable and hateable. I dont think ive hated a fictional character so much in a long time.

SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT

SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT

SPOILER ALERT

Did I mention SPOILER ALERT

Loved that about The Mist, the fact that as soon as the kid was 'sacrified', the Mist began to disappear around David Drayton. The real horror for me was thinking that consistently doing the right thing, f**cked things up for all the sane people. Scary! SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT

END OF SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT

Of course, all of this really should be on The Mist thread

• 1 month later...

Still in Limbosville as far as we know.

Good Christ.

Last year, prior to The Mist being released, Tom related to me that the Weinstein's were going to hold off on opening Killshot until after The Mist opened.

Reason being, everyone thought The Mist was going to do well at the B.O. and they wanted to wait so they could ride the Jane wave. When The Mist did not attract audiences like everyone involved thought it would (it tested off the charts) the Weinstein's put the brakes on releasing Killshot.

If I had to bet, I'd say the Weinstein's are waiting for buzz to build on The Wrestler so they can ride the Mickey wave.

If Mickey's star rises like everyone thinks it will I'd wager that Killshot goes theatrical, maybe not wide, but something decent, say 500 - 1000 screens. If the film plays and word of mouth is good they would expand that release but only if warranted by demand for Mickey. If The Wrestler cannot find an audience and Mickey doesn't build steam I'll bet we see Killshot on DVD by February or March.

This is only speculation on my part but the math seems right.

The Weinstein's can't let it float forever since they're out a sizable budget on this.

Something's bound to break soon.

- TB

• 2 weeks later...

I'll believe it when I see it, but supposedly the Weinstein company has deemed that Killshot is fit to be released a week after The Wrester, with Mickey Rourke, comes out... with the release date of January 23, 2009!

This is what the ever-acerbic Elmore Leonard has to say on his official blog:

"Killshot in Theatres January 23, 2009?

Maybe. Do you pray?

The one-sheet for Killshot (in English) was displayed at the Americn Film Market and The Weinstein Company has set a date of January 23, 2009 for the release of the film.

ComingSoon.net has an entry to that effect, filled with the same old errors: It’s not a Quentin Tarantino production, Johnny Knoxville is not in the picture, the trailer which appeared on several DVDs is old and there is no active website. Other than that, everything appears to be OK."

http://www.elmoreleonard.com/

and at JoBlo.com they talk about Killshot:

"THE WRESTLER hits theatres on January 16th and KILLSHOT will be released the following week."

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=23918

Jen

I'll believe it when I see it, but supposedly the Weinstein company has deemed that Killshot is fit to be released a week after The Wrester, with Mickey Rourke, comes out... with the release date of January 23, 2009!

Jen

I'm with you on the sceptisism, but it's time to get this film out. We've all waited long enough. I'm courious why QT is not attached to this anymore. It was from my understanding that he was the one who bought the rights to the book. I wonder if it has to do with the Johnny Knoxville thing. The two are buddies, so I could see Quentin getting upset by him getting cut out.

QT is a big boy who knows how the process works. Some people end up with their scenes on the cutting room floor, it's a fact of life.

I always felt bad for Michelle Monaghan, who had pretty much all her speaking scenes cut from both Constantine and Syriana, back to back. That's got to rock your confidence. Good thing for her Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was just around the corner!

• 1 month later...
From Academy Award® nominated director John Madden ("Shakespeare in Love") comes Hossein Amini's wry adaptation of Elmore Leonard's best-selling crime novel. The beautiful Carmen Colson (Diane Lane) and her husband Wayne (Thomas Jane) become entangled in a scam with a bumbling, small time con artist (Joseph Gordon Levitt) and his over-the-hill hit man partner the blackbird (Mickey Rourke). Ultimately, it all comes down to one wife, one husband, two killers... and one lethal killshot.

Director: John Madden

Writer(s): Hossein Amini

Cast: Diane Lane, Mickey Rourke, Johnny Knoxville, Joseph Gordon Levitt, Thomas Jane, Rosario Dawson

Release Date: January 23, 2009

Official Site: Killshot-Film.com

Distributor: The Weinstein Company

Genre: Crime, Drama, Thriller

Rating: Rated R for violence, language and brief nudity.

killshot-1114.jpg

killshot-lane.jpg

killshot-rourke.jpg

killshot-1110.jpg

Source: http://www.empiremovies.com/movie/killshot/11756/preview

Dang, I still can't figure out why Thomas' billing on this movie is so low. In the trailer that we saw a few months ago, it looked his part was pretty prominent, but now it's become a Diane Lane/Mickey Rourke vehicle? And Thomas is a secondary character? WTF??

That doesn't seem right. Have they cut his part down or what?

What's the deal, Thomas?

Low billing? His name is on the cover of the posters girl. ;)

I think we'll see a lot of cool "protecting husband" stuff from Jane in this movie. And remember.. it doesn't need to be just like promoted for the movie.. There are a bunch of trailers/posters "bullshitting" lots of possible viewers everyday. They make you expect something else and can leave you disappointed. Also, remember the success of The Dark Knight, promoting the bad guy. And in this case, also promoting the strong woman.

Just as an random example. I remember seeing a trailer for 'Two for the Money' on a DVD long ago. It looked like it was an insane thriller movie with Matthew Mchonahaoaau (something like that) having a love interest within the movie. Though it's not a thriller at all... It's unbelievable how stupid some companies think people are.

i suggest in this movie tom playes a victim.

diane playes his wife, a tought modern emancipated woman,who protects him and herself from mickey.

who actually kills or hurts tom. lol

can't wait to see the movie

i suggest in this movie tom playes a victim.

diane playes his wife, a tought modern emancipated woman,who protects him and herself from mickey.

who actually kills or hurts tom. lol

can't wait to see the movie

LOL! Tom as the Victim??

That's a joke, right? :lol:

By low billing, I simply meant that all of the posters that we have seen have featured Diane Lane and Mickey Rourke, and Thomas' name is mentioned almost as an afterthought. At least that's the way it seems to me. Maybe I'm reading it wrong. Either way, I can't wait to see this movie. With Thomas and Diane Lane starring, and John Madden directing, it's got to be good!

I just want to know if TJ and Rourke have scenes together; that alone would be worth the price of admission!

That is so true, Tiara! I would love to see TJ and Rourke together.

I'll be so glad when this comes out. I hope it has a big premiere. It would be cool if we got to see TJ doing some promotions for this, but it looks like if there is any promotion done, it will be Lane or Rourke doing it.

That is so true, Tiara! I would love to see TJ and Rourke together.

I'll be so glad when this comes out. I hope it has a big premiere. It would be cool if we got to see TJ doing some promotions for this, but it looks like if there is any promotion done, it will be Lane or Rourke doing it.

There are very few actors that I would love TJ to do a scene with and one of them is Rourke. I also would love to see TJ do something with Bruce Willis. Also Willem Dafoe, Harrison Ford.

I sure hope that us fans get an opportunity to show support for TJ films by being there at the premiere and doing some blogging about it with pictures. We never get to come out and support TJ and I really believe it is sorely needed.

There are very few actors that I would love TJ to do a scene with and one of them is Rourke. I also would love to see TJ do something with Bruce Willis. Also Willem Dafoe, Harrison Ford.

I sure hope that us fans get an opportunity to show support for TJ films by being there at the premiere and doing some blogging about it with pictures. We never get to come out and support TJ and I really believe it is sorely needed.

Wouldn't that be so totally awesome, Tiara? :P

Gotta say I agree about those actors that I'd love to see TJ work with. Another one that would be an awesome pairing is TJ and Clint Eastwood. I'd love to see them together in a Western. (I know it sounds cliched, but I love Westerns and I think TJ is perfect for them.)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.