Wales ComicCon April 2021

As things are going do we think April will go ahead? I've got my fingers crossed as this will be my only comicon this year.  Just a bit worried especially with most the country in tier 4 and 3 now.  

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got my fingers crossed too but I think the phrase is ‘managing expectations’.  This time last year April seemed a lifetime away, this year it feels like it’s  not far enough away for the virus to sod off! 😔

Will live in hope 🤞

Unfortunately I agree. There's no way I could travel to the UK in April. It will take way longer to leave the "new normality" behind me 😞

Honestly I dont see it happening I'm afraid. Weve got so many things pushed back and production for Jan has all been halted so once things open it might have to be full steam ahead. That's even if the event itself still goes ahead. 

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Honestly I dont see it happening I'm afraid. Weve got so many things pushed back and production for Jan has all been halted so once things open it might have to be full steam ahead. That's even if the event itself still goes ahead. 

Also, for me it would be far too soon to be mixing with people, especially on such a large scale. Most won't be fully vaccinated by April, and since the 12 week timeframe between original shot and booster is untested, no one actually knows whether the initial one would even still be viable. People may well still be vulnerable or carriers. That's far too much uncertainty for me to take a risk with my already dodgy health issues! 😉

As much as I would love to meet you in person Geoff (and some other bloke that might be tagging along with you!) and any other available RAWarriors, I’m not sure how comfortable I’d be in a big crowd so soon either.  I’m fully expecting it to be either postponed or cancelled, but never say never 🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, Gail said:

As much as I would love to meet you in person Geoff (and some other bloke that might be tagging along with you!) and any other available RAWarriors, I’m not sure how comfortable I’d be in a big crowd so soon either.  I’m fully expecting it to be either postponed or cancelled, but never say never 🤷‍♀️

I think it would be far more realistic to just say "buggrit", and aim for next year, when hopefully we'll all be in a position to meet up!

• 4 weeks later...

Well that's finally official then.  Not sure I want to roll my tickets over now as the new date is probably going to be too close to August for me and that's when I go to Florida. 

10 hours ago, CJ Mitchell said:

Well that's finally official then.  Not sure I want to roll my tickets over now as the new date is probably going to be too close to August for me and that's when I go to Florida. 

Assuming you'll be vaccinated by then, and allowed to travel, of course! 😉

Honestly, until everyone has had all their shots and boosters, and the efficacy has been proven, I just won't be making any plans. Not sure I want to have to cope with the disappointment if it all goes pear-shaped! 

Really hope your travel plans don't have to be put on hold, CJ. Will you (hopefully) be visiting for a holiday? 

I’m with you Nicole - not making plans for anything until we’re looking at the pandemic in the rear view mirror.  Really not surprised that it’s been postponed again.

That said CJ, I hope your holiday plans go ahead without any hitches 🤞

9 hours ago, Nicole said:

Assuming you'll be vaccinated by then, and allowed to travel, of course! 😉

Honestly, until everyone has had all their shots and boosters, and the efficacy has been proven, I just won't be making any plans. Not sure I want to have to cope with the disappointment if it all goes pear-shaped! 

Really hope your travel plans don't have to be put on hold, CJ. Will you (hopefully) be visiting for a holiday? 

We booked last year and we have to go this year because my parents are going and my Mum is hoping for a hip operation next year. Its my older son who's paying mostly for myself and the younger one.  But yeah really hoping we won't have to cancel. Family holiday to Disney World staying on Resort. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well Fuck my Luck..  New dates announced Ladies and this time it clashes with my Mum's 70th Birthday 😭🤣 bloody typical.. I mean okay I didn't mind missing my sister's stupid wedding but I don't think I can miss my Mum's big birthday, doubt she'll be happy with me about that.   - refund requests will open Feb 28th - March 25th so making sure I don't miss that.  Maybe I'll get to see Thomas J another time. 

May be a cartoon of text that says "WALES COMIC CON TELFORD TAKEOVER RETURNING NOVEMBER20-21 2021 THE TELFORD INTERNATIONAL CENTRE ST QUENTIN GATE, TELFORD, TF3 4JH"

Jeez Louise!!!! 😳 That is unlucky CJ but you can't miss your mum's big day!  I'm sure TJ will understand 😉

Saying that, it seems like he's so busy these days with Renegade that there's every chance he won't make it either...............in which case I may give it a swerve too.  I mean, no offence, I'm sure Telford is very nice, but there has to be slightly more incentive to take a three hour drive there in November!

On 1/30/2021 at 7:14 PM, CJ Mitchell said:

We booked last year and we have to go this year because my parents are going and my Mum is hoping for a hip operation next year. Its my older son who's paying mostly for myself and the younger one.  But yeah really hoping we won't have to cancel. Family holiday to Disney World staying on Resort. 

So sorry, I completely missed that you had replied! Fingers crossed you get your holiday this year!

17 hours ago, Gail said:

Jeez Louise!!!! 😳 That is unlucky CJ but you can't miss your mum's big day!  I'm sure TJ will understand 😉

Saying that, it seems like he's so busy these days with Renegade that there's every chance he won't make it either...............in which case I may give it a swerve too.  I mean, no offence, I'm sure Telford is very nice, but there has to be slightly more incentive to take a three hour drive there in November!

Thanks, and yeah its a long journey for me too. There are other guests going I wouldn't mind seeing if he wasn't able to make it and the date wasn't then. But if he's the only reason to go and doesn't then its quite a lot otherwise. 

13 hours ago, Nicole said:

So sorry, I completely missed that you had replied! Fingers crossed you get your holiday this year!

Thanks, looks like my Mum might be getting her operation this year but still hoping we can go.  Booked our park passes now and my Dad is really looking forward to it, even said about getting him a Mickey mouse birthday cake for his birthday while we're there. 🤣

3 hours ago, CJ Mitchell said:

Thanks, looks like my Mum might be getting her operation this year but still hoping we can go.  Booked our park passes now and my Dad is really looking forward to it, even said about getting him a Mickey mouse birthday cake for his birthday while we're there. 🤣

Hope she doesn't have to wait too long for the op. Your dad sounds sweet!

• 1 month later...

Hey gang, hope everyone is keeping safe and well.

For anyone checking the rescheduled dates for this for Nov are legit and we are doing our best schedule wise to make sure TJ can attend but we might be filming a certain sequal.....

Will keep you posted. 

4 hours ago, Geoff said:

Hey gang, hope everyone is keeping safe and well.

For anyone checking the rescheduled dates for this for Nov are legit and we are doing our best schedule wise to make sure TJ can attend but we might be filming a certain sequal.....

Will keep you posted. 

Oooooh I’m so conflicted now!  I want to see TJ........but I sooooo want ‘a certain sequel’ to get under way too.  Which do I want more????? 🤔

Hi Gail and Geoff, I know what I want: for the sequel to be pure awesomeness, and then for TJ to go on a world tour to promote The Lycan. This is my very easy wish for 2022.

3 hours ago, Enaira said:

Hi Gail and Geoff, I know what I want: for the sequel to be pure awesomeness, and then for TJ to go on a world tour to promote The Lycan. This is my very easy wish for 2022.

Hey Ariane - I think your first wish is a given, and I hope your second wish comes true! 🤞

Keep your eyes pealed for your 2nd wish......

8 hours ago, Geoff said:

Keep your eyes pealed for your 2nd wish......

😳

😁

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.