Mutant Chronicles

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, a thing about the MC posters that I have noticed.. In the movie, I am told it is said to be set in 2707 (some text in the movie supposedly says that). Yet, all posters say "23rd Century"...

There are discrepancies with the dates in the rough cut which everyone involved knows about.

There is a date on the movie poster (23rd Century) that doesn't jibe with the date given in the narration of the film.

All we be fixed.

- TB

yeah, date on the film and poster tagline do not match. bit of a fuckup really. Unfortunately i inherited that tagline when doing posters and i was not allowed to change it. i came up with alternatives but had to stick with 'welcome to the 23rd century'. My hands were tied and this def needs fixing. details count!

Aw, ****! The entire "rough cut" of the MC movie has been uploaded to YouTube, in 12 different segments. Lots of people I know have seen it, and take it for the real deal... aargh... I've been trying to explain to them that it is not finished yet, but they don't seem to get it. Some people are just plain dumb and stubborn.

Unfortunatle, the internet has clouded people's intelect. Sure it's a great learning tool, but sites like Wikipeidia and IMDB have become gospel to a lot of people out there. Youtube is no diffrent. Some people refuse to hear the truth, even if it's staring them in the face. It'll just frustrate the hell out you if you try to convince everyone. The smart ones will get it, the others, well there on their own.

Guest AdminGuyX

I've had 5 people send me different links to the bootlegs floating around online. I got about 5 minutes into it and turned it off.

Not because I didn't like it, but because I want to really see it, and really hear it, and really enjoy it.

Either big screen, or home surround sound theater.

I have the film in its entirety, and impeccable quality. also if it is not the "final version", for now it helps me to wait. I could no longer wait at least 1 year again for to see him at the cinema or in DVD in my fucking country (and I'm not patient ... lol :P).

Either big screen, or home surround sound theater.

It is the ideal, and this is what I want !

Aw, ****! The entire "rough cut" of the MC movie has been uploaded to YouTube, in 12 different segments. Lots of people I know have seen it, and take it for the real deal... aargh... I've been trying to explain to them that it is not finished yet, but they don't seem to get it. Some people are just plain dumb and stubborn.

I tried to do that as well at a few places but I just had to give up...

Guys, the Youtube thing or P2P thievery is not a thing we condone here at the RAW site.

If you do it, it's best not to advertise that you do it, especially here.

The fact is, we know positively that illegally downloading movies is PREVALENT on the internet, especially in countries that have no law against it.

There are many who argue that illegally downloading actually helps the market because many will buy DVD's they may not have had they not got a look at a film they may or may not have been interested in. But it all boils down to the same thing. It's stealing. And it's so easy.

I myself am a reformed abuser. I started d-loading films while I was in Italy for 7 months as I was absolutely starved for entertainment that wasn't dubbed in Italian, or being translated aloud in a theater full of assholes. I see both sides but ultimately I understood the impact and quit cold turkey.

Maybe we should start a thread on the subject, but in the meantime we have to remember that we're talking about stealing money from Tom's very pockets on his own forum!!! Money you didn't spend to see it in a theater. And it's not just Tom, it's Simon, it's Ron, its the Pressman's and their investors, the writer, etc. . . .

And that's just on this film. There are people who have worked their asses off and don't make dick in this business. Residuals are like tips, you need them to survive.

It's not just the big people, it's a lot of little people too. It seems like an easy little thing, but multiply that by a million and you begin to understand the impact.

You don't need me to soapbox or rant, or tell you what you already know.

- TB

Apparently the movie in its entirety has been taken down. All that is there now (apparently) is a bunch of clips from various parts of the movie. Still not right though, because it's going to spoil the movie for all those who haven't seen it when it comes out.

And like Tim said, it's stealing money from the pockets of all the people who put so much effort into making it. Shame, really, that more couldn't be done to combat this. But as I said recently, that's both the blessing and the curse of the internet. There are so many things that are easily accessible to us via the internet, but at the same time, there is no control of it. No way to regulate things like copyright infringement, or to censor rude and boorish behavior, or to enforce anything really, unless you're on a site like this one that is closely monitored.

Ah, well, I guess we take the good with the bad.

Guest FADoss

I bought a bunch of bootleg films while stationed in Afghanistan. Most of them were crappy copies. They had booths on base run by local nationals that sold these films for like $3 a piece. The crappy copies I ditched. A few were good enough to keep. One of my favorites I watched over there and still own was "STANDER". Great piece of cinema to help pass the time in the wastelands of Afghanistan. Since I got back, it's all been trips to Wal Mart. :)

Fred

Looks like a fun steampunk actionflick with an interesting cast, so I'm looking forward to it. It seems like it will go direct to DVD in Austria / Germany through splendid film. But there is no date yet, so I'll have to wait and see...

• 2 weeks later...

For now, imdb have put it :

USA 2008

Greece 24 July 2008

Russia 7 August 2008

Brazil 13 August 2008 (DVD premiere)

They will perhaps add Sweden, and other countries (I hope). :wacko:

• Geoff changed the title to Mutant Chronicles
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.