The Predator

Geoff

Also, isn’t the Crown Vic cap a bit off message if these are The Predator publicity shots?  Just saying......

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Geoff said:

gettyimages-1029519294-2048x2048.jpg

This one is Baxley. No TJ.

Yeah I thought that but these with Augusto confirmed The Predator promo which to be fair Thomas shot straight in The Predator promo 48hrs after Crown Vic wrapped. Count yourself lucky he doesnt have Rays stash lol

gettyimages-1029486272-2048x2048.jpg

3 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Yeah I thought that but these with Augusto confirmed The Predator promo.

Ha! Makes it look like he's nicked Tom's boots!! 😄

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Yeah I thought that but these with Augusto confirmed The Predator promo which to be fair Thomas shot straight in The Predator promo 48hrs after Crown Vic wrapped. Count yourself lucky he doesnt have Rays stash lol

Ah, been scratching my head thinking you were having a moment but just worked this out - you meant Ray's tash right?  In which case, yep!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

https://io9.gizmodo.com/heres-what-the-predator-was-actually-supposed-to-be-abo-1836318925

Interesting interview with Fred Dekker (co writer) on what could, and so may argue should, have been!

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/heres-what-the-predator-was-actually-supposed-to-be-abo-1836318925

Interesting interview with Fred Dekker (co writer) on what could, and so may argue should, have been!

So does this describe the film that Thomas envisaged more closely?

Tough to answer that one. Tom wanted to work with Shsne for ages so signed up prior to fleshed out script.

Might be a bit closer to the way Tom would have done it though.

Yeah, take your point - I recall that he signed up without seeing the script.  He did say in Q&A that in his version everyone would have died (!) so this big finish definitely sounds a bit closer to that!!

• 1 year later...
Guest DMill
On 9/20/2018 at 11:26 PM, Thomas Jane said:

excellent review!

thx for that, I agree with most of it

to answer a couple of your questions:

Baxley is fire proof. at least when it comes to digital fire. i guess when we shot it we weren't aware how much fire they were gonna add. honestly, a crispy critter baxley nailed to the tree would not have been the greatest visual...

the hula girl was something shane added at the end; he wanted to call back all the guys but Bax didn't really have any props, so: hula girl. just a joke, and not a great one.

i kept baxley's necklace, which played in a couple scenes but hit the cutting room floor.

shane had the idea that Bax has tourette's - tough to play. i was pretty nervous about it. but i have a friend, a stunt guy named pete antico who has the big t. he happened to be up in vancouver for a couple weeks so we hung out - a lot. pete saved my ass. also, check out

https://www.touretteshero.com/

i used a bunch of stuff from these great people, who have created a kind of "tic diary" that is nothing short of amazing.

tourette's isn't just a lot of grunting and jerking: some truly sublime shit comes out of their mouths sometimes.

thanks for all the great feedback folks.

i'm glad you dug the film. maybe not the predator i would have done, but working with shane was a real pleasure.

maybe we'll get to do it again sometime.

next up is cop flick Crown Vic, which is being edited right now.

with any luck it will hit sundance next year.

see ya'll on the flip side.

T

I know the GPV Tech Dave took the Hulu Girl from the Armored 8x8.    I know the 8x8 was cut out from the movie but it was in the trailer and even a Movie Poster.   

image.jpg

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.