Jump to content

The Predator


Geoff
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Loved this entry into the Predator fold - not really been convinced by all the sequels on the original and had kinda lost interest in the franchise, but this had all the elements needed to raise it way above them.  Action, tension and humour all deftly handled and actually looking forward to a sequel now (although would be looking forward to it more if Baxley had survived!), TJ displayed even more of his versatility and, even with obvious bias, I can't think of anyone else that could have pulled it off without overacting the whole Tourette's/PTSD thing, Tom got it spot on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Financially they might as in the end the numbers stacked up ($88m budget and with DVD sales made around $170m but not sure what else was added to the budget for marketing etc) The tizzy just before the film came out plus general movie review consensus means there might not be an appetite for the studio, but you never know. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Financially they might as in the end the numbers stacked up ($88m budget and with DVD sales made around $170m but not sure what else was added to the budget for marketing etc) The tizzy just before the film came out plus general movie review consensus means there might not be an appetite for the studio, but you never know. 

Personally I think it would be a good move, they actually made a fun film (well, if your idea of fun is alien monsters ripping out spines!), definitely better than the sequels that had gone before in my opinion, but what do I know?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

You know a fun movie when you see it lol. 

Well I enjoyed the ride - some movies are pure popcorn flicks, rooting for the good guys and booing the bad guys, sometimes you just want to be entertained without feeling like you've undergone some kind of therapy session!  I mean, yeah, if I'm in the mood, I like nothing more than a good thriller but you've got to have a bit of fun to balance it out (sometimes all in the same film).  BTW, did you ever get TJ to spill as to how he'd have done it differently?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2018 at 3:03 AM, Thomas Jane said:

 

 

Shane and I had a great time together.

 

I met Shane when he asked me to do a staged reading of NICE GUYS at the SXSW in Austin (did i get that right? one of those festivals) a few years ago. flew down and we had a blast. the reading went gangbusters; folks loved it.

 

Shane tapped me to do Ryan's part (the part i read at the reading) but hi-de-fucking-ho, i was in Toronto filming the Expanse.

 

i thought ol' Ryan G did a fine job in the film. I would have been better.

Yep, no argument here, you would have been better, but soooooooo glad you were filming The Expanse instead - you just ARE Miller!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Gail Bentley said:

Well I enjoyed the ride - some movies are pure popcorn flicks, rooting for the good guys and booing the bad guys, sometimes you just want to be entertained without feeling like you've undergone some kind of therapy session!  I mean, yeah, if I'm in the mood, I like nothing more than a good thriller but you've got to have a bit of fun to balance it out (sometimes all in the same film).  BTW, did you ever get TJ to spill as to how he'd have done it differently?

Actually this one never came up in conversation but I've reminded myself to ask him next time it does. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like Tom had a blast making this film - comes across really relaxed and happy in all the interviews, and clearly gets on great with Keegan.  Just surprised they managed to get the film made at all - going by what they've all said it must have been like corralling cats!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/13/2019 at 9:30 AM, Gail Bentley said:

Looks like Tom had a blast making this film - comes across really relaxed and happy in all the interviews, and clearly gets on great with Keegan.  Just surprised they managed to get the film made at all - going by what they've all said it must have been like corralling cats!!

Tom an Keegan got on like a house on fire and a lot was improvised. Not sure what of Tom's lines were improv cause ya know "fuck me in the face with an ardvark" doesn't just roll off the tongue......or does it? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

Tom an Keegan got on like a house on fire and a lot was improvised. Not sure what of Tom's lines were improv cause ya know "fuck me in the face with an ardvark" doesn't just roll off the tongue......or does it? 

Wouldn't like to say - a friend of mine's favourite exclamation is "Bugger me with a fish fork" so you tell me!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Ha I'm stealing that. 

Go right ahead with my blessing - it does tend to get a reaction!! 😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Hello yall!

Now I belong to the clan of people who have seen the Predator Upgrade. So much has already been said. I can only confirm how fun this was. The first half was full of surprises (TJ turns around and holds a nude painting 😁 fully unexpected and his innocent look is worth gold) and there are beautiful images. The Pred costume was impressive.

I was left a bit disappointed though, there are so many characters that TJ is only seldom to be seen. That's too bad because it was really interesting to see him play with mimics and uncontrolled movements. His introduction in the bus was very promising.

So besides enjoying the movie, I was left hoping he would do a movie in the future with an especially challenging character. I was thinking about "My left foot" or more recently "The theory of everything", just to name examples. We'll see what the future brings but that would be really awesome. I absolutely know he would be fantastic. Not sure HE wants the same things I want though 😛

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2018 at 3:36 AM, Thomas Jane said:

Harlow says Instagram is the best of the bunch though: pics being a thousand words, art, photog, etc.

maybe.

not.

So glad you changed your mind by the way!

There's a saying here, it goes "only imbeciles do not change their mind". Hope you like the interaction as much as we do!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Enaira said:

Hello yall!

Now I belong to the clan of people who have seen the Predator Upgrade. So much has already been said. I can only confirm how fun this was. The first half was full of surprises (TJ turns around and holds a nude painting 😁 fully unexpected and his innocent look is worth gold) and there are beautiful images. The Pred costume was impressive.

I was left a bit disappointed though, there are so many characters that TJ is only seldom to be seen. That's too bad because it was really interesting to see him play with mimics and uncontrolled movements. His introduction in the bus was very promising.

So besides enjoying the movie, I was left hoping he would do a movie in the future with an especially challenging character. I was thinking about "My left foot" or more recently "The theory of everything", just to name examples. We'll see what the future brings but that would be really awesome. I absolutely know he would be fantastic. Not sure HE wants the same things I want though 😛

I for one really enjoyed this one, definitely breathed some life back into the franchise.  I know Tom did a lot of research on his character’s traits and boy did it pay off!  I know he doesn’t get the lion’s share of screen time but what he does get, he owns!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Hadn't sen these before. Toronto Film Festival late 2018 promoting The Predator

gettyimages-1047596204-2048x2048.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...