Hey cool!!! Our next RAW friends 🤝

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Ariane - it seems Nicole is after stealing your ‘influencer’ crown! 😂

Fine with me. The more Expanse and TJ fans, the merrier.

Y'know, I really do love you lot! ❤️

2 hours ago, Enaira said:

Fine with me. The more Expanse and TJ fans, the merrier.

Absolutely right - as long as they find us it doesn't matter how! 👍

2 hours ago, Nicole said:

Y'know, I really do love you lot! ❤️

😘

• 3 weeks later...

Woohoo! A convention opportunity for our American RAW members: June 13th and 14th, in New Jersey! 

https://www.nerdsandbeyond.com/2020/03/07/creation-entertainment-announces-new-the-expanse-convention/

Oh wow!  Bet that’s gonna be beyond awesome!  RAWarriors USA, you’re up!! 😉

Just been checking out the Expanse convention website (even though there's not a chance in hell that I'll be going!) - love how all the other cast members have groomed and posed photos and this is TJ's:

5BC2DB73-9F8C-4CAE-A673-53EA1DC0C333.jpeg.0374b5b6a96c1c71ec67c849612dac0f.jpeg

Sooooo not a conventional Movie Star!! 😂

5 hours ago, Gail said:

Just been checking out the Expanse convention website (even though there's not a chance in hell that I'll be going!) - love how all the other cast members have groomed and posed photos and this is TJ's:

5BC2DB73-9F8C-4CAE-A673-53EA1DC0C333.jpeg.0374b5b6a96c1c71ec67c849612dac0f.jpeg

Sooooo not a conventional Movie Star!! 😂

Magnificent find Gail ! Excellent picture! 

I hope he'll post it on Insta with a better resolution! 😉 by the way, does it mean that Cat will attend too?

Just fulfilled 😉

It's occurred to me that we've all been very good and not discussed S4 yet - do you think we should?  Have you caught up yet Geoff?

I would be all for it now! 

Who’s gonna blink first??!

Dont wait for me folks. Chat away. 

Very decent of you sir!  Who’s first then?

I can start with some polemical lines. But I'll have time only tonight to extrapolate my thoughts 🤣

I didn't like S4 that much. Maybe I was expecting too much. To better understand why it has been done the way it was done, I bought the book...

Enough with the big words Ariane!!!! 😂😂. I hope the book gave you a better insight, I had a similar feeling about S4, and I really do hate to admit it but if I’d have seen that first I don’t think it would have grabbed me the way S1-3 did.  Having said that, TJ was his usual level of total watchability!

.......oh

I enjoyed this season, but I'm curious to know more of your thoughts on it 😊

For me, there were some good ideas and additions to the book. The Avasarala, Drummer, Ashford and Boobie arcs were great, and complementary on what was happening on Ilus. And the way Marco Inara was introduced before his appearance on book 5 was a smart move.

On the other side, I prefer how some aspects are treated in the book. Especially regarding the Investigator and the way he dies at the end, which I found more moving in the book. But from the whole serie perspective, this season and this book are quiet specials indeed. The plot on Ilus is different from what we saw before and from what we will see after. And it's one of the least favorite book for a lot of readers, from what I understood.

I'm curious to see what you think about the book, but in my opinion, they did a pretty good job adapting it. I loved the way they built Ilus and prepared for s5, which will have a completly different atmosphere and I hope you'll like it better than s4 😉

*** Expanse S4 SPOILERS ***

I threw myself full of excitement into S4 and saw it even twice (due to my husband being away and needing to catch up... ;-)

All in all I had that feeling that the series was "made too short". I'm not speaking about the quality of the images or the sets, but about the amount of information the series contains. In a strange way (bear with me please, I'm that kid 😝) it reminded my of Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban: the book was well written and full of details. But the movie has compressed all the story into 2 hours, where they should have used 4 hours. So for people who hadn't read the book, it was jumping back and forth, all making no sense.

Here I had a similar feeling: strange stuff happens on this planet. That's OK, it's the reason why I watch the show. But the sequence of events wasn't making any sense at all. The planet gets hot spots, the "towers" open and close, move around, then there's a tsunami, suddenly there are killer snails (I know I know... 🇫🇷), then the green goo... just like that ? The problem with magic and science-fiction is that if we're not offered an illusion of an "explanation", then it really doesn't make sense at all.

I expect that IF the series had 3 or 4 more episodes, along with MUCH MORE of Miller, I might have understood something. Apparently he's been busy switching flips :-) but we see nothing of his search and trials. So I'm eager to read the book and hope I'll understand more.

Stuff I liked very much:

- the "main characters" were on a planet for a change, this is a good idea

- the Rocinante landing on Ilus looks STUNNING

- Yes Al. you're right, the introduction of Marco was really neat

- the ending of Ashford still gives me goosebumps

On the other hand I was stupefied by Bobbie's arc. It was even more unbelievable than what's happening on Ilus because there was no "magic" involved. I simply didn't buy the psychology here. She was a marine for crissake. She goes all the way to a shitty job because she believes in the cause. And then "all of a sudden" she changes her mind? At first I thought she was accepting the "job" in order to better chase bandits 😂

39 minutes ago, Al. said:

Especially regarding the Investigator and the way he dies at the end, which I found more moving in the book.

Oh no! Another dying Miller that will turn me upside down ... can't wait to read that.

43 minutes ago, Al. said:

I'm curious to see what you think about the book

Well it will take some time because I'm reading From a Buick 8 currently :-) and I'm not a fast reading person...

44 minutes ago, Enaira said:

Here I had a similar feeling: strange stuff happens on this planet. That's OK, it's the reason why I watch the show. But the sequence of events wasn't making any sense at all. The planet gets hot spots, the "towers" open and close, move around, then there's a tsunami, suddenly there are killer snails (I know I know... 🇫🇷), then the green goo... just like that ?

Well, yes xD From what I remember, there's not any explanation in the book, except "that's the protomolecule creators technology which we don't understand". And that's the same escalation of events getting worse and worse. To the point it gets a little bit exaggerated and funny, I agree.

49 minutes ago, Enaira said:

I expect that IF the series had 3 or 4 more episodes, along with MUCH MORE of Miller, I might have understood something. Apparently he's been busy switching flips 🙂 but we see nothing of his search and trials. So I'm eager to read the book and hope I'll understand more.

We don't have much of Miller in the book neither, and his search is quiet... basic and repetitive, dare I say. But that's also part of what the character has become, so that makes sense. And maybe it's more understandable yeah ^^

52 minutes ago, Enaira said:

- the ending of Ashford still gives me goosebumps

😭😭😭

53 minutes ago, Enaira said:

On the other hand I was stupefied by Bobbie's arc. It was even more unbelievable than what's happening on Ilus because there was no "magic" involved. I simply didn't buy the psychology here. She was a marine for crissake. She goes all the way to a shitty job because she believes in the cause. And then "all of a sudden" she changes her mind? At first I thought she was accepting the "job" in order to better chase bandits 😂

You can maybe read the short story "God of Risk" based on that arc to understand what's in Bobby's head. That's the only part beside Ilus that wasn't created for the show ^^ The story wasn't developped as much in the short story, but for me, it made sense to put it in the context of season 4 and to prepare what's coming later.

51 minutes ago, Enaira said:

Oh no! Another dying Miller that will turn me upside down ... can't wait to read that.

😭😭😭 (You'll tell us what you think of this one 😉)

51 minutes ago, Enaira said:

Well it will take some time because I'm reading From a Buick 8 currently 🙂 and I'm not a fast reading person...

Take your time, no rush here 😊 Enjoy your book!

And, another great thing the serie did is Evie arc. They removed something that I strongly disliked in the book and that was completly irrelevant. (Her "feelings" if you read the book)

Oh and the music... so beautiful. It's great they released it properly, along with season 2 and 3 soundtrack. The belter version of Higway Star ou Céline Dion are great 🎶

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.