R.I.P. Dennis Farina (1944-2013)

Rosella

I am so saddened by the loss of actor Dennis Farina. My jaw dropped & my eyes teared up, when I heard the announcement last night.
What’s strange is the fact that I just watched Get Shorty recently in memory of James Gandolfini, another all-of-a-sudden tragedy.
I remember when I was in Elementary School, I thought it was cool to see Get Shorty for the first time. There I was, a young kid, watching this R-rated flick about mobsters and movies that my fellow classmates had no clue about. I was discovering a real gem. The character who stood out the most, out of the entire film to me, was and still is, Mr. Dennis Farina's Ray 'Bones' Barboni. Come to think of it, Farina is the standout, scene-stealer in all of the films I’ve seen of his.
I considered Farina a dream actor, someone I’d write for and work with many times. When I was in sixth grade, I wrote my first feature-length screenplay. I had envisioned it as the one I’d want to be my directorial debut. When writing it, I wrote a character specifically for Farina to play. While making this movie remains a possibility, sadly I’ll never get the chance to cast Farina, one of the few actors who actually made cursing comical (toilet scene, c’mon…That’s gold).
RIP Dennis Farina
I can’t believe I just wrote this, because it’s almost as if I’m denying that he was stolen too soon from our screens. :unsure:

I am so saddened by the loss of actor Dennis Farina. My jaw dropped & my eyes teared up, when I heard the announcement last night.
What’s strange is the fact that I just watched Get Shorty recently in memory of James Gandolfini, another all-of-a-sudden tragedy.
I remember when I was in Elementary School, I thought it was cool to see Get Shorty for the first time. There I was, a young kid, watching this R-rated flick about mobsters and movies that my fellow classmates had no clue about. I was discovering a real gem. The character who stood out the most, out of the entire film to me, was and still is, Mr. Dennis Farina's Ray 'Bones' Barboni. Come to think of it, Farina is the standout, scene-stealer in all of the films I’ve seen of his.
I considered Farina a dream actor, someone I’d write for and work with many times. When I was in sixth grade, I wrote my first feature-length screenplay. I had envisioned it as the one I’d want to be my directorial debut. When writing it, I wrote a character specifically for Farina to play. While making this movie remains a possibility, sadly I’ll never get the chance to cast Farina, one of the few actors who actually made cursing comical (toilet scene, c’mon…That’s gold).
RIP Dennis Farina
I can’t believe I just wrote this, because it’s almost as if I’m denying that he was stolen too soon from our screens. :unsure:

It is sad to hear of his passing. I loved him in Law an order. And Crime Story.

• 2 weeks later...

It is sad to hear of his passing. I loved him in Law an order. And Crime Story.

:( Oh, yes! Law and Order...I remember staying up late to catch his episodes.

I loved him as Marshall Sisko in Out of Sight playing J-Lo's Dad - so good!

RIP Mr. Farina - you are missed!

I haven't seen that movie. It looks like I've got plenty of his shows to discover.