I found Noeland's comment interesting. As an Australian, I wonder what the movie makers think we like? Were they really targeting our 'culture', interestingly I have been all over the USA a fair few times, and I find our cultures very similar, but you guys have a way cooler accent!

In all honesty I love US originated movies, because they have bigger budgets, better actors and more action. Not to mention it makes driving movies all the more exciting when watching car chases on the wrong (or right?) side of the road !

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AdminGuyX

One of my very good friends is Australian. And what I was referring to was mostly the films broad humor, but also the style of the film overall. Broad humor generally varies by country and it crossed my mind that in Australia the film might play as wildly funny.

I wasn't trying to insult your entire country or anything like that. ;)

The writer is American, but Brian Trenchard-Smith is an Austrailian director. Not sure how he works, if it's mostly just from the script, or if he works with the material. I have yet to see it, but I have seen quite a few of BTS's films. To say the least, he covers a wide range, some good, some, not so much.

Not to downplay your question Davvi74. Sterotypes never seem to die. Speaking of, I found this for your amusment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJwfyg27wHI

Sorry, I didn't mean it like that, haha! I just meant I found your comment interesting. I actually don't find Australian movies very funny/exciting at all, and totally agree that the style of film was not great compared to other 'driving movies'. Let's blame the movie directors ;)

The writer is American, but Brian Trenchard-Smith is an Austrailian director. Not sure how he works, if it's mostly just from the script, or if he works with the material. I have yet to see it, but I have seen quite a few of BTS's films. To say the least, he covers a wide range, some good, some, not so much.

Not to downplay your question Davvi74. Sterotypes never seem to die. Speaking of, I found this for your amusment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJwfyg27wHI

Hahahaha !!! I love it!! I totally miss American food, I went to Walmart and was in chocolate and just everything heaven, American's have the coolest food. I actually really miss New Orleans, but oh yes its a 'prawn' not a shrimp lol !! Shrimps are the really tiny things that don't make it to the prawn status ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

For anyone in the UK who has SKY. This is currently showing on SONY movie channel 

• Geoff changed the title to Drive Hard
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.