• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally saw it!

I was able to get a copy. Keep in mind it was only shot with in a month... Them both being great actors and the chemistry between them made the movie otherwise I can see why it never made it to the theaters...unfortunately. But I gotta say, it was fun to watch TJ in another comedic role. There were moments where I did laugh out loud. No doubt Tj's character was hilarious -- loving the locks!!! Hey, I'm sure he did have fun filming it along side John Cusack and them being in the Great Ozzy. But I think on a whole this was not one of his desired roles/movie to play in...just a filler. Anddd I don't want to ruin the surprise until you all see it but there is a new & upcoming little actress who is also playing along TJ... Let's see if you all can figure it out who it is?

.... Anddd I don't want to ruin the surprise until you all see it but there is a new & upcoming little actress who is also playing along TJ... Let's see if you all can figure it out who it is?

So make certain not to look back for an earlier post on this thread!!!

Sunshine is right that was a nice little surprise to see. I think overall its a good lot of nonsense and there are bits in it that really did make me laugh out loud (Normally to do with TJ's role) overall its a solid flick but its not a bank buster but It was still worthwhile getting on DVD to add to the collection and nice to see everyone having a lot of fun on it as that's what overall the flic is, a lot of fun.

I finally saw it!

I was able to get a copy. Keep in mind it was only shot with in a month... Them both being great actors and the chemistry between them made the movie otherwise I can see why it never made it to the theaters...unfortunately. But I gotta say, it was fun to watch TJ in another comedic role. There were moments where I did laugh out loud. No doubt Tj's character was hilarious -- loving the locks!!! Hey, I'm sure he did have fun filming it along side John Cusack and them being in the Great Ozzy. But I think on a whole this was not one of his desired roles/movie to play in...just a filler. Anddd I don't want to ruin the surprise until you all see it but there is a new & upcoming little actress who is also playing along TJ... Let's see if you all can figure it out who it is?

Straight-to-DVD release or not, I'm looking forward to seeing it. Are there any special features?

If the little actress is who I think it is...I remember Mike already mentioning her earlier.

So make certain not to look back for an earlier post on this thread!!!

We can't unread it now, Mike. :blink: But don't worry, I wouldn't say you spoiled the surprise. You were only giving RAW an exclusive. ;)

Sunshine is right that was a nice little surprise to see. I think overall its a good lot of nonsense and there are bits in it that really did make me laugh out loud (Normally to do with TJ's role) overall its a solid flick but its not a bank buster but It was still worthwhile getting on DVD to add to the collection and nice to see everyone having a lot of fun on it as that's what overall the flic is, a lot of fun.

Yes! My TJ collection is practically begging for a new movie. ^_^

I missed that Mike, oops!

I'm glad you liked it too Geoff :)

I would agree with you it's still worth adding to the collectionee. Loads of laughs...on behalf of TJ.

Unlike, do I dare say it..."LOL"...oppsies I just did!

Everyone will like it!

Unlike, do I dare say it..."LOL"...oppsies I just did!

Everyone will like it!

I will admit…I still haven’t seen LOL.
I will also admit….I still want to.
All this talk about it being bad, I guess I just want to see for myself how bad it is or….oh no…What if I like it? :wacko: Which wouldn’t be too far out there of an idea to grasp, because I usually like what others don’t. I’m still waiting for it to pop up in the $5 bin, and it hasn’t.
  • 3 weeks later...

Just take your brain out don't worry to much and just enjoy it for what it is. A lot of the time I don't really go in for what everyone else says. Its their opinion and they are entitled to it but I will always make up my own mind. Just go with the flow.

Just take your brain out don't worry to much and just enjoy it for what it is.

Best advice I've heard about watching movies in a long time. :)

I got really exited when I saw a half-page ad for the DVD/Blu-ray release of Drive Hard in Total Film magazine yesterday. I hadn't seen this movie talked about anywhere but online, so it was cool just seeing something of it in print.

• 4 months later...

So, apparently Drive Hard was released on Blu-ray/DVD in the US on November 11th.

Can anyone confirm this? I went shopping that day, & I didn't see it anywhere. :blink:

So if/when you find this movie in a store, please be kind & specify where. I'll be out there looking for it.

I was out yesterday shopping, and did not see it. I did look online and it is out.

Thanks for checking & letting us know.

Yeah, I saw it for sale online, too. Now I'm waiting to see which store(s) is going to carry it. I always find random John Cusack movies when I'm not looking for them, so this one must be out there somewhere.

*Cue some Moody Blues* ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I see it is slated for Netflix on the 9th.

Cool!

But I still haven't been able to find this in the store. :(

Of course, right now, I'm out shopping for others and can't really be out there shopping for myself, anyways. Oh well.

I found a copy at Wal-Mart. Not our local one though.

Awesome! I found it at Best Buy yesterday. So it's out there, folks. It's out there. :D

Watched it on Netflix last Tuesday. Surprised by it's production values and wasn't just a cheap throwaway flick like I've seen so many of coming out Los Angeles where they film a few famous faces then have an unknown in lead for 2 weeks. The Jane played an entertaining lovable loser type and he and Cusack had some nice banter and chemistry. Quirky fun time and it's nice to see him in a lead role.

http://www.dammagedgoods.com/2014/12/straight-netflixing-drive-hard.html

Guest AdminGuyX

OK, rented it today. Didn't care for it. It was certainly, again, nothing to do with Tom or John Cusack who were both really trying to elevate the material and the work, they had a pretty good chemistry. I think I'd like to see them do something else together.

I liked the idea. Liked the notion of twisting the casting. You'd probably think that Tom would be better for a gun toting bank robber, and John Cusack for the more meek family man ex-race car driver.

The film is saddled by poor editing mostly. That was the first thing that hit me about it. There are many, many needless insert shots that destroy the flow of the action and make you "feel" the editing.

The stunt work in the film didn't play. The driving in the first chase scene was unexciting. Again, this could be down to the poor editing, but even the later chase scenes suffer from a lack of adrenaline.

Granted, this is not intended as a pulse pounding action film. It's a comedy. It's not presented as a comedy in the trailers though. There are a few good laughs here and there. This was down to Tom and John. I really have to wonder how much was ad-libbing.

The score didn't work. It just felt off. Felt rushed maybe. I don't know, but it bugged me all the way through the film that the score just didn't seem to fit the movie.

Maybe it's just a culture thing. It's a film made in Australia, for Australians apparently. I read recently that Van Damme was supposed to play the bank robber, and that he dropped out and the film was rewritten at the last minute so Cusack could step in.

Whatever the case, didn't work for me. Really too bad, I was hoping for something special with the awesome cars.

She was actually really good in it and it was fun to watch them interact like that on screen. Next to the old lady running the hotel and Tom of course she was the best actor in it.

Don't know if there are any other UK fans on here but if you have Sky Movies from next Friday its on TV.

• Geoff changed the title to Drive Hard
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.