Iron Man 3

Rosella

Welcome to Spoiler City of Iron Man 3!!! Population: Only people who have seen the movie (hopefully).

Usually, I like to give an extensive review on a movie, but I thought I’d do something a little different this time around.

Let’s have a conversational review, instead. & yes, we will discuss spoilers. So, if you haven’t seen the movie & don’t want to find out any specifics, I suggest you turn back now.

Right now!

First topic: Action sequences/fights. Any favorites? What about least favorites?

For me, I loved each time the suit would come together piece by piece. I also thought the sequence when Tony Stark kept jumping from suit to suit kept the action going along in a cool way.

Tony building his own weapons is another thrilling part. And I’m going to pretend he was only able to put those store goods to violent use, because he’s a brilliant mechanic. ;)

My favorite favorite would be when Iron Man jumps out of a plane and catches people like a barrel of monkeys. Even though, Tony Stark wasn’t physically in the suit, it was pretty impressive, nonetheless.

Why couldn’t Tony Stark have had the final take down of Aldrich Killian? Yes, Pepper had strength, but I still think it would’ve been better to have the title character destroy the villain.

I’m disappointed that Iron Man didn’t get to have any kind of showdown against Ben Kingsley’s “Mandarin.”

Guest AdminGuyX

He had a showdown of sorts with him. Sort of. :) It was funny anyway.

I have to imagine there were disappointed fans with that choice. I know on some other boards they were flipping out when the trailers and character photos hit, mostly geeking out over the mandarins rings, and hoping the rings would tie in with Avengers 2.

I really enjoyed the film. Being a fan of the mini series The Pacific, it was very cool to see James Dale Badge get some serious screen time. I thought the scenes between Stark and the kid were good, but will admit I felt it was pandering at first. But the kid grew on me fast! By the end of the film I was rooting for him to have his own movie.

I saw this one in "extreme" 3D at a cinemark theater, and had a very good time with it. It's how all films should be seen IMHO. You could feel the explosion in your chest like a bass drum at a concert.

I loved Ben Kingsley's Mandarin. Didn't see that coming.

Oh yeah, someone give Shane Black more projects!

He had a showdown of sorts with him. Sort of. :) It was funny anyway.

I have to imagine there were disappointed fans with that choice. I know on some other boards they were flipping out when the trailers and character photos hit, mostly geeking out over the mandarins rings, and hoping the rings would tie in with Avengers 2.

I really enjoyed the film. Being a fan of the mini series The Pacific, it was very cool to see James Dale Badge get some serious screen time. I thought the scenes between Stark and the kid were good, but will admit I felt it was pandering at first. But the kid grew on me fast! By the end of the film I was rooting for him to have his own movie.

I saw this one in "extreme" 3D at a cinemark theater, and had a very good time with it. It's how all films should be seen IMHO. You could feel the explosion in your chest like a bass drum at a concert.

I have mixed feelings about the Mandarin. The part about the Mandarin not being real did take me by surprise, which is why I kind of liked it. I’m fine with him not being real, but did he have to act ridiculous? Did he have to turn into a Russell Brand type (who I do like in real life)? I thought we’d get to have another bad villain worth remembering in the comic book movie realm. Did I anticipate him being better than The Joker? No. No one is, & I never do. But I wanted to see a bad guy who would do such awful things that you’d really be against him. Instead, we got Guy Pearce, a great actor, who for some reason reminded me of Val Kilmer whenever he’d pop up on the screen. Memento also came to mind, so I kept jokingly picturing that this guy does evil acts but doesn’t remember doing them. :P Yeah, I got a bit distracted by cross-referencing movies.

I love the dynamic between Tony & the boy. I had the similar feelings when he was first with him. I thought, “Well, this is just going to slow the story down.” But as it turned out, the interaction between Tony and the kid ended up being the best on-screen chemistry of the film.

James Badge Dale…I loved seeing him as a bad guy. He scared me a bit. :blink: